A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,795
Currently Running With Scissors:
730 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DAY OF THE DEAD SWAP (round 2) GALLERY  (Read 9662 times)
Tags for this thread: day_of_the_dead , dia_de_los_muertos  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2007 02:01:48 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=204236.0

because it usually takes us awhile to get one together...  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
KarenLouiseM
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2007 07:09:01 PM »

Best swap gallery possible!  Thanks to everyone for the kind words about the things I made for miss catbread.  She was SO great to craft for - she's got great taste.

I am so loving what everyone has made.  The fabric crafts are really awesome - if I saw the table settings / apron in a store I would feel obligated to purchase them!  And how clever is that snow globe?  Amazing.

Where on earth do you find DoD paper goods?  I have never seen plates/napkins/bags like those - and I live in the southwest. 

(BTW, if needed, my photobucket account (also KarenLouiseM) also has pics of all the stuff I sent.  It wasn't hard to make the shrine, just time consuming.  It was one of those calendar things where the dates are all on little wooden squares.)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007 07:13:35 PM by KarenLouiseM » THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
xladyluckx
Hiatus over...back to crafting.

woo woo!

« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2007 07:32:29 PM »

Thank you for the compliment on the place settings!! *me = so happy*

little secret...target had all that stuff last year and i bought a TON of it! I have a box downstairs that I was keeping for a friends' bridal shower. She wanted DoD, her mom wanted girly stupid. Her mom won, and I got to keep all the stuff I bought! So that is where those plates, napkins and goodie bags came from. I am hoping I can use it for a kickass party one of these days!

I did get the wist pic to work with Miss Catbread's help...finally. You did an awesome job on that shrine. I'm motivated to make a big one that takes time like that. I tend to go pretty simple, with just abut everything. Need to think outside the box!!

(Don't worry, if you join a new DoD or regular swap, we can make your hubby cookies and cakes and keep him occupied. He won't even know you are swapping!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KarenLouiseM

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2007 07:57:57 PM »

hahaha - everyone who comes to my house knows when I'm swapping!  Stuff EVERYWHERE - and all of it covered in glitter!

I also tend to do stuff that's simple or easy most of the time - but for some reason the last two swaps I've done have really seemed to insist that I go outside of my comfort level.  I've wanted to do a zillion things for each swap - most of them taking skills I didn't have.  They called to me very loudly and insisted I do them (I didn't know they were going to be time consuming - they seemed simple until I got started.  Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
smarmyclothes
lex fiend

i can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2007 10:08:54 AM »

Yay!  I'm everything got there safely, viciouskittie!  This swap was awesome and you were an awesome swap partner!

There are still people on dial up?
 Smiley

I was on dial-up until a few months ago!  We couldn't get anything but that when we first moved, but now we have some sort of crazy wireless internet.  It was awful to go from super fast cable to slow-ass dial-up.  The worst part was that we couldn't even get 56K!  The phone lines here are so old and crappy we could only get 28!!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007 10:10:22 AM by smarmyclothes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

crystalthepirate
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2007 10:31:09 AM »

my partner pixiewhip has received so here is what i sent. :]

i also included some stickers at the last minute, so no pictures of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KarenLouiseM

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2007 11:52:33 AM »

Those panties are ADORABLE.  So cute.  I haven't thought about "cute" panties for a while.  (Mostly they didn't have them in my size - but I just lost quite a bit of weight.) 

So, maybe it's time to think about cute panties Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2007 12:27:35 PM »

LOVE all these swaps-now I'm afraid my partner will think she got cheaped out by me Undecided
And I hear you on the cute panties, KLM!!But those are adorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People sometimes reproach me with having neither genius nor talent nor deep feeling, but I have a will of my own"Isadora Duncan
miss catbread

there's a party in my tummy!

« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2007 07:54:57 AM »

i like the sacred heart panties the best ! nice work everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

razberryjam
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2007 09:26:27 AM »

Okay! I received from Balkadina a few days ago and am only now getting the chance to post the pics. For Day of the Dead, I received:

A really unique and lovely shrine, which was made from recycled and reused materials. I'm really into the environment and reusing everything I possibly can, so this was great craft-wise AND moral-wise. I love it!

Here's a picture of the front of the shrine, stamped with the rubber stamp Balkadina also made me:

A cool skull keychain and a little polymer skull charm. I put it on a necklace and am wearing it to work on Halloween with my bone print tights.

A really cool stamp of a skull. Balkadina said this was the first stamp she's made and she did a fantastic job!

Papel picado - I hung this in my office at work also. I work on a website that deals a lot with Mexican culture, so this will fit in year round.

A bunch of DOD themed magnets. I love magnets - the chili peppers are my favorite.

What a great swap! Also - and I hate to admit this - I am finally sending out my package tomorrow. I got really overwhelmed this month and am sending out two swaps late. Eek! It should get to you before Day of the Dead, though, and that was my goal!

Happy holidays, y'all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Star
How to Draw a Skull
How to Draw a Rose
How to Draw a Mythical Dragon
How to Draw a Monster
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...