A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,041
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Party Craft Ideas?  (Read 365 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bananna_AnnA
« on: October 12, 2007 07:38:18 PM »

So I'm having a little dinner party soon, and I kind of wanted something for everyone to do, but I'm unsure what. I was thinking about getting plastic champagne glasses and letting people paint them or something, but I don't think anyone would want to wait until the paint dries before drinking.
And also I thought that might be too kid's birthday party. So if anyone has any non-kiddie ideas that might appeal to some slightly dorky college students (or maybe something that might become more appealing as people get more drunk), I would appreciate it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gravity
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007 10:53:17 PM »

How classy do you want this dinner party to be? (Just cause most of my ideas tend to fall on the "very" end of the dorky spectrum) I have painted plastic champagne glasses to use as fountains in centerpieces, and the paint definitely took a long time to dry (we had to leave them overnight). Maybe using stickers and sharpies or other decorations that can be a little more instantly-usable would work.
Or doing some kind of food art thing could be fun, like decorating cupcakes/cookies with various funky toppings. Or you could put out a big piece of butcher paper on the table and have people draw all over it (it might be a little too little-kids-at-a-restaurant, but I totally still ask for crayons when I can get away with it).
Hope that helps a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bananna_AnnA
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007 12:03:39 PM »

That helps very much! I like the stickers idea. My friend said I should try getting everyone to make something and then we can have a gift exchange afterwards, which I thought sounded fun.
And as for classy, I try, but then everyone just gets really drunk.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Richard Ford On His New Book Canada
James Bunting Performs His Poem "Conkers"
Everything You Know About the Economy Is Wrong
Karen Kingsbury’s The Bridge Book Teaser
Hilary Weisman on Her Novel Reunited
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!
Meatless Monday: Vegan, Raw, Gluten Free Chocolate Bars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...