A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 309,982
Currently Running With Scissors:
332 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Soap Display?  (Read 3848 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kestrel5287
I like exclamation points

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2007 06:57:04 PM »

I'm doing a craft fair in december and a pretty large part of it is going to be handmade soaps.  I can't for the life of me figure out a way to display them appealingly...also, I'm not sure at all what to charge for my soaps...I was thinking $3 for a normal sized bar...but does this seem like too much?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Touches - http://Krystal.canduru.com
*Eva*
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007 02:49:47 PM »

I hope this gets a good response, because I've been wondering, too! Smiley It seems like a lot of soap in baskets, even if your surface has some levels (under the fabric, boxes, etc.) wouldn't be that eye-catching! Creative ideas, anyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kestrel5287

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007 07:01:12 PM »

I hope this gets a good response, because I've been wondering, too! Smiley It seems like a lot of soap in baskets, even if your surface has some levels (under the fabric, boxes, etc.) wouldn't be that eye-catching! Creative ideas, anyone?

Exactly my thinking!  Maybe I should make a few more eye catching items to draw people in, then hope they notice my soaps?  hmmmm I need ideas people!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Halflyng
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007 04:04:46 PM »

My husband ended up building shelving for me as my display that I ordered never shipped (PS, NEVER EVER EVER order ANYTHING from avdm.com)... It was 3 shelves, with bushel baskets (12 of them)... I'll post pictures later when I can actually feel my hands (I was leaf blowing for an hour, and my hands are still vibrating)...

Crates, baskets, stuff like that is really neat... I started off on displays2go.com in their wood retail displays... and went from there.. Hope it helps.

As far as pricing, this helped me a ton..
http://www.teachsoap.com/pricing.html or http://www.teachsoap.com/cpcosting.html

Hope that helps a bit Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007 08:07:52 PM »

an idea that might work to help make it *appealling* is have a bar or too in a basin of water that you can refill and pour to rinse their hands off and try the soaps (i.e. a large basin that can hold water, you pour a little in their hands, let them lather up, and then rinse off, and then when the basin fills up a little ways, or gets mucky, pour it out)

i know i like to try things, and when people offer it, i am more apt to buy

as for displays, i would stack and use ribbon/flowers/ornametation to help draw the eye in....when things are attractive they *attract* (sorry, that was a little motivational speechy...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
kestrel5287

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007 03:34:58 PM »

Thanks for all the tips you guys!  I'm just so nervous about how this show is going to go over Embarrassed And I want everything to look as professional as possible especially since I'll probably be one of the youngest people there (I'm 20) and I want people to take me and my hard work seriously
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Halflyng
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007 04:02:21 PM »

If you have labels on your products, a table covering of some sort and smile on your face... you're good enough for me. Smiley 

However, if your things lack labels and I have no clue what I"m buying... see ya Wink

The smile is especially important.  If you don't want to be there, if you aren't enjoying yourself, I don't want to buy from you Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
charmcity
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007 12:36:28 PM »

A lot depends upon the image you're trying to portray.  Rustic?  "Spa-ish"?  Funky?  I've gone with funky, myself.  I use a black tablecloth overlaid with strips of neon-colored fabric.  I painted wooden CD crates from AC Moore with neon paint.  I stack the crates so there are different heights.  The soaps are packaged and labeled so people can see what they're getting.  I also have plenty of signs with prices, my company name and some FAQs about handmade soap.

As for price - it can vary greatly on your geographic area.  I was seriously underselling mine because I was using a formula that was recommended to me.  I've made an adjustment and found that my sales haven't suffered in the least.

Beyond that, being well-informed about your product and friendly, but not cloying, will take you far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krafty Kitten
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008 08:28:14 PM »

I like visually rich displays.

I was thinking maybe some pretty glass bowls or something like apothecary jars with soaps piled in like candy. You could get tongs to fish them out, or something.

I'm not sure what your soaps look like, but I'm sure you could tailor it.

Or something to that effect- luscious piles of soap-jewels Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Hot Hot Pads
March 22, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Chandelier Earrings

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...