A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
457 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: stuff for storage & care of your ATC's  (Read 1143 times)
Tags for this thread: atc_storage  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SpottedFrog
« on: October 11, 2007 05:22:32 PM »

OK, so when I first read about ATC's & decided to do one, I wandered over to my hubby's giant box of "Commons" & grabbed a few to mess around with. I have plenty of experience with Baseball card shops as well as the care and maintainance of them through DH so it was only natural that I turned to that same shop when I needed to take care of my ATC's.

here's what I bought for general storage. Everything is archival quality. (the small box I have the Butterfly card in is designed to hold 25 cards). This was a whopping $10 worth of goods that will store at least 40 cards.

This is the other stuff from the same trip.

(you can't see them very well but many of those boxes have inserts just card sized)

Here's the really cool part- these boxes were FREE. Baseball card shops, unlike Target, KMart and other big retailers, have a 'hang around and open packs here' thing going on. They also carry mini boxes of 5, 7, 10 packs that are only sold through independant shops. That's what all these cool tins & boxes are, they are the 'trash' from often pretty pricey baseball cards.

SO [soapbox firmly under foot] support your local small businessman, and get great free stuff while you are at it!

*edited for typos
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007 05:32:28 PM by Penlowe » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Teeisme

That's my boy, Petey!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007 12:01:49 AM »

"you had me at FREE"  Grin

Awesome resource!! I'm always willing to help out the 'trashman'.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tee
finished the 100 ATC Theme Challenge!!
I'm the ATC - DT in a new Vintage group. Come join me   http://vintageflaire.ning.com/
SpottedFrog
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007 07:03:28 AM »

There is an interesting system in sport card collecting that strongly supports small independant shops. All the big companies and many of the small ones have "retail" sets and "shop" sets. Say a rare card might be 1 in 20 packs in the Retail boxes will be distributed 1 in 12 boxes for Shop, it keeps the best stuff / business in small independant shops.

Oh and the owner of the shop I got that stuff from insisted I make him an ATC. He is a card collector after all : ) The thought of one of my little cards sitting next to his prized Mickey Mantle makes me giddy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BonnieLass1
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007 08:47:52 AM »

Thanks for the great ideas and for sharing your finds!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maid Mirawyn
Gamer-geek and lifelong crafter

Reality is highly overrated...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007 09:30:45 PM »

I love the different perspectives we get from the people in our lives!

See, if I need a card blank, I go grad one of my husband's basic lands from Magic: the Gathering. I also have a handful of his old, old House Battalion cards, from the Dune collectible card game. (They included one in almost every pack, but almost no one ever used them...)

And I put my ATCs in a couple of really cool metal tins adorned with gorgeous dragons. Smiley They are intended to hold Magic and similar cards...

Also, I have an old Band-Aid tin I use, and a same-size tin that held Whitman's chocolate. My mother-in-law was going to trash the chocolate tin!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Reality is highly overrated...
The requisite craft blog...
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Italian Sausage & Stuffed Mushrooms Recipes
Baked Potato
Seafood Gumbo
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Authentic Rotel Cheese Dip
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...