A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: PostSecret Swap Gallery  (Read 28312 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

phantomssiren

Life's Too Short To Follow Patterns

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: October 02, 2007 11:45:11 PM »

I'll drink some liquor, ( teuqila and rum) but hate beer and wine. It makes me a bit of an outcast too but i dont mind

I love beer but I only drink real ale, cant stand the tasteless massproduced stuff you get in most pubs and bars. People would probably think not drinking was less wierd than only drinking ale.

Also, Not a Goth, why not let your inner goth out to play some time? Its not really about what you wear (though looking good should always be an option) or who you know or whether anyone cares, goth is about being who you are and living the way you feel you should live. Most old goths would confirm that. I'm not an old goth, I've only been in the scene for 8 years but I've never felt more accepted and at home than in the goth community.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria
« Reply #191 on: October 03, 2007 04:39:31 AM »

"of all the things that make me weird, the fact that I don't like beer is what makes me an outcast among my friends."

hahaha YES. I have to laugh at that because it sounds like me. I'm still the only one I know who doesn't like the taste of alcohol. Beer, wine, liquor... I think I might prefer to drink my own urine. Alcohol is gross, and none of my friends get me at all lol. oh well. I'll stick to my dasani and juice, thanks Wink

I don't like it either.  I don't like the flavor, and I really don't like the fact that my balance starts going first. Any time I feel dizzy, it's not a good feeling.  I have been known to get an occasional fruit drink (strawberry daquiri), but I prefer them without the alcohol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
sharpie_slut
« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2007 09:43:45 AM »

Ok sorry everyone but Ive been working alot and FINALLY have posted the cards.

"I was almost to the point of Atheism because of the Catholic Church"

I cant be in a relationship with her... because I cant convince myself that she's pretty (SHE DISGUSTS ME)

I've never been kissed [on back] I am a very young teen so that isnt so bad...

I dont like useing tampons 'cause I'm afraid I'll lose one in me.

I accept my stepmother as a part of my family, and her sons as my own brothers. I love them. But I know that she is the reason that I dont have a relationship with my Father.

I married a wonderful man. but I'm not attracted to him. I think it's because I lust women. [On back] I wish I had the courage to tell my husband about this.

I craft to avoid my family and friends.

I judge people with crooked teeth, I suffered for 3 years why cant you?
[On back]
I dont mean to and I dont want to, but I do. No excuse.

I love watching disney films whenever I see one I daydream, and I'm sure people think I'm crazy because I talk to myself as if i was talking to my own prince.

I wonder what could have been... [On back] Could he have been it?!

I've got ten Tattoos. My parents only know about 5.

I'm always so overwhelmed!

I worked in "adult entertainment" for years.I didn't think I was hurting anyone, but I was hurting myself. It never goes away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will trade for spinning fibers!! PM me please!!
http://www.wists.com/sharpie_slut
allyinthevalley
« Reply #193 on: October 03, 2007 10:00:46 AM »

[On back]

For the longest time it bothered me that I have crooked teeth, and that my parents never could afford braces. They're still not an option for me... My husband and I can't afford dental insurance for ourselves... But I really don't care anymore. I like that my smile isn't manufactured. It's part of what makes me look like me. Besides, straight teeth is an obsession that only a spoiled country like America can afford to have.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

« Reply #194 on: October 03, 2007 10:45:02 AM »

straight teeth is an obsession that only a spoiled country like America can afford to have.

I disagree that it's an obsession.. a lot of people need braces so their mouths don't get completely screwed up, and I know a lot of people who said their crooked teeth hurt more than the braces.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
phantomssiren

« Reply #195 on: October 03, 2007 12:05:37 PM »

[On back]

For the longest time it bothered me that I have crooked teeth, and that my parents never could afford braces. They're still not an option for me... My husband and I can't afford dental insurance for ourselves... But I really don't care anymore. I like that my smile isn't manufactured. It's part of what makes me look like me. Besides, straight teeth is an obsession that only a spoiled country like America can afford to have.

I agree to an extent, if you're lucky enough to be treated a brace good for you but being too poor to get a brace doesn't always make someone bad.

I have the classic "British Smile" (ever seen that episode of the Simpsons? with the demon dentist?) to the point where I have two rows of teeth in my upper jaw and my lower jaw is heading that way. Back when I could have gotten a brace for free I didn't really need one, as soon as I was too old and had to pay my wisdom teeth messed everything up. I'd need 5,000+ worth of work to get them fixed now. Some days I'm in agony and I know it'll only get worse, but I'm glad I never got braces cos I'd feel awful knowing I'd suffered for nothing cos it wouldn't have stopped the current problem. Plus I've seen too people spend years in a brace only to have their teeth go back cos they cant face wearing a retainer any more or they eat too much sugary stuff. I think I'd rather just have the stupid things pulled than wear a brace now, it'd be cheaper and mean I don't have to get over my dentist phobia.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

allyinthevalley
« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2007 12:31:20 PM »

straight teeth is an obsession that only a spoiled country like America can afford to have.

I disagree that it's an obsession.. a lot of people need braces so their mouths don't get completely screwed up, and I know a lot of people who said their crooked teeth hurt more than the braces.

I don't mean for those people. I've had so many people tell me that I "should have had braces", when there is nothing wrong with my teeth. They're certainly not straight, but they're entirely functional and not painful at all. My cousins had perfectly fine teeth, very pretty smiles, and dentists still recommended braces. For many people, it's not about any physical problems, any pain, any health issue. It's just about getting one step closer to that ideal that we have set for ourselves. And it's great that some people are able to do that, but I just wanted to point out that a lot of people can't, and that some of us don't mind it one bit at all.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phantomssiren

« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2007 12:34:04 PM »

I don't mean for those people. I've had so many people tell me that I "should have had braces", when there is nothing wrong with my teeth. They're certainly not straight, but they're entirely functional and not painful at all. My cousins had perfectly fine teeth, very pretty smiles, and dentists still recommended braces. For many people, it's not about any physical problems, any pain, any health issue. It's just about getting one step closer to that ideal that we have set for ourselves. And it's great that some people are able to do that, but I just wanted to point out that a lot of people can't, and that some of us don't mind it one bit at all.  Smiley

Dentists get paid for what they do, of course they'd recommend braces. It'd be like a plastic surgeon saying 'actually I like your nose the way it is'...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

allyinthevalley
« Reply #198 on: October 03, 2007 12:36:52 PM »

Haha! Very true!! The sad thing is that so many people say, "Oh, he's a dentist, so I better do what he says!" Well, that's what my cousins did at least.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria
« Reply #199 on: October 03, 2007 12:57:10 PM »

In the US, the dentist doesn't actually get paid to do orthodontic work (braces). You actually have to be an orthodontist to do braces.  I think it's just much easier to maintain your teeth if there aren't lots of hard to clean nooks and crannies (for them, and for you).

I do agree that many people get braces that don't really need them. I probably didn't need braces either (congenitally missing two teeth, the ones on the sides of the two front teeth), but it wasn't especially painful for me.  I imagine it IS quite painful for people who truly need braces, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ian Cook Talks About His Creative Process
Supervillain Origins: The Green Goblin
Superhero Origins: Robin
Supervillain Origins: Doctor Octopus
Turf Author Jonathan Ross Interview
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...