A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,581
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need some pattern/chart help  (Read 317 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

missknitty
« on: October 11, 2007 04:01:32 AM »

So, I've found a few lacy stitch patterns I want to make into shawls/tops etc. My question is this;

If the pattern is say a multiple of 12 + 3 (or 11 + 7), how do I make that into a pattern for something? Often the +3 (or whichever number applies) sts are just knit sts (which makes it easier), but in some cases they're not (they're necessary). I guess this is where I have issues figuring it out.  Undecided  There's also one stitch explanation I need to look up and add here, because it didn't make sense to me  (kinda looks like an upside down k2tog/ssk  -/), otherwise, I'm thinking knittinghelp.com would have a double decrease on their list, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

infantkittensyringe
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007 07:10:42 AM »

It depends on where the pattern is coming from - I have some books that always include a selvedge or start with the end half of a pattern and end with its compliment. Some of them are just the pattern. Also, you are doing something in the round, it is likely you won't need the + stitches. I usually just swatch. It's the easiest way to know for sure what you're dealing with. Do one or two repeats of the pattern plus the + stitches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mmdm
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007 07:46:44 AM »

So, I've found a few lacy stitch patterns I want to make into shawls/tops etc. My question is this;

If the pattern is say a multiple of 12 + 3 (or 11 + 7), how do I make that into a pattern for something? ....

For a multiple of 12 + 3 for example, you'd need to add 3 to any multiple of 12.  24+3=27, 60 + 3 = 63, ect.  As infantkittensyringe said, this usually changes if you knit in the round, but that's how it works for flat knitting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jackie Collins Reveals Her Favorite TV Show
Jeffrey Ross Talks About I Only Roast the Ones I Love
John Carter Cash Reveals His Favorite Music
Courtney Sheinmel Reveals Her Favorite Movie
Monica Holloway on Cowboy and Wills
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...