A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pushing Daisies Knitting to the rescue!  (Read 4410 times)
Tags for this thread: wonderfalls , tv  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

empress_deva
« on: October 10, 2007 07:59:17 PM »

I do love to see knitting portrayed on a television show. 
Watching the newest episode tonight, Emerson Cod enjoys to knit and finds the stockingnet stitch relaxing.  He knits a sweater vest, a pair of awesome red handgun cozies, and money socks...ahh, you have to like a man who knits, even if he is fictional.
Plus, a knitter who is always prepared, Emerson uses a knitting needle to get them out of a sticky situation involving body bags and a car of the future.

Anybody else have a favorite show or episode that featured a "knitting" episode?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007 07:59:54 PM by empress_deva » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://devarocks.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/deva5aaron

I feel like a hero and you are my heroine
Do you know that your love is the sweetest sin?
bespectacled
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007 08:02:33 PM »

Ooh I'm just about to watch this show right now and I'm very excited to hear there's alot of knitting involved Grin Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. - George Bernard Shaw
PhoenixDawn

Um, so how does this work?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007 08:21:00 PM »

hahaha, my sister and i watched this show last night, and we both laughed when we saw him knitting.  and we both like the handgun cozies, so incongruous, but it fits the show.

anyway, my favorite episode to feature knitting was on friends.  it was in the first season, and Rachel and Chandler were helping Monica by hold ing the yarn.  I don't exactly remember what happens, but there's a fight or something, and Chandler ends up telling Monica, "Knit, good woman! knit! knit!"  I heart Chandler.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Michela
Hi, I'm Confused. And you are?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007 08:39:55 PM »

a show where the main character is a male knitter? I may have to give it a try lol

My favourite knitting episode of a show was that Grey's anatomy ep were Meredith and Izzy are knitting sweaters, Meredith was knitting one because she vowed celibacy, and Izzy was knitting pieces and swapping them for Mers so she wouldn't get discouraged and sleep with more inappropriate men.  Hilarious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft so I can avoid reality.....
My wist
JennBabe
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007 09:05:19 PM »

Gilmore Girls!  There was a Knit-A-Thon to save the Old Muddy Bridge!  It was an episode in the last (7th) season, which will be out on DVD on November 13th. 

I'm so sad the series ended!  At least the show is on DVD Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Caclark4
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007 05:39:22 AM »

My favourite knitting episode of a show was that Grey's anatomy ep were Meredith and Izzy are knitting sweaters, Meredith was knitting one because she vowed celibacy, and Izzy was knitting pieces and swapping them for Mers so she wouldn't get discouraged and sleep with more inappropriate men.  Hilarious!
LMAO...My bf and I of a year just broke up and I have nicknamed the sweater I cast on that day (before it happened) the break-up sweater.  Next time I'm working on it, I am totally pulling out my Grey's Anatomy DVDs utnil I find those episodes.  I can empathize with the substituting knitting with sex though...lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

That which does not kill you makes you funnier-Joseph Fiennes
nosusanfx
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007 09:06:12 AM »

i watched the pushing daisies episode last night and immediately thought of craftster. i wondered if anyone else caught it and would post...and i see that someone has. i'm not a knitter but i'd thought i'd post anyway. i do have a favorite sewing episode to contribute. an episode of the cosby show where denise decides she can recreate a gordon gartrel designer shirt for theo. i still laugh hard when he comes running down the stairs in her creation.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ceemonster
Eccletic Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007 10:31:38 AM »

i watched the pushing daisies episode last night and immediately thought of craftster. i wondered if anyone else caught it and would post...and i see that someone has.

I thought the same thing. Cheesy
Pushing Daisies is one of my favorite shows this season and to see Emerson (my favorite character) pulling out the knitting needles was just too perfect.

Anyone work up the pattern for the gun holsters yet?  Grin
Also, this show has great potential for a swap theme.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cate

http://pinterest.com/ceemonster/
Private Swap Friendly
Mnemosyne_LA
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007 11:43:10 AM »

I only saw the second half, so I was completely surprised by the knitting needle coming to the rescue.  My husband and I couldn't stop laughing about it.  He said, "Well, I guess this will be your favorite show now that there's a knitter on it."

I want to make myself a stack-of-money cozy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FluffyMonkey
i feel my fate in what i cannot fear

The creative mind plays with what it loves

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007 12:09:49 PM »

I was pretty thrilled with the knitting needle saving them, too!

I didn't get to see the handgun cozies... I missed the first fifteen minutes.

Anyone else think that like Freaks and Geeks, Pushing Daisies is just too fantastic to last? It's so amazing! I always get this Lemony Snickets feel when I'm watching it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There are two kinds of strengths: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of power: the power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked."
~Yaldah Tovah

On Ravelry! Look me up; there I'm baela.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Tips for Persistent Acne Breakouts
A Fast Beauty Routine for a Girl with No Time
DIY No-Mess Body Scrub With Just 3 Ingredients
The Best Celebrity Beauty Looks
Best & Worst Style
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...