A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: October 2007 Birthday Swap  (Read 2872 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Queen Of Fools

Avast, me hearties, yo ho!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 10, 2007 07:52:12 PM »

This is the OCTOBER 2007 BIRTHDAY SWAP! Please make sure you read all the rules before committing to this swap.

Swap name: October 2007 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:  Queen of Fools
Craftster member who is the backup organizer for this swap: kayrun
Sign-up date range: This swap lasts from 10 October to 10 November
Date to send item by: Must send out item within 2 weeks of picking a partner (longer crafting time may be allowed for those making bigger items- PM ME TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS!)
Limited to a certain number of people? (Optional): Nope
Non-U.S. participants allowed? YES!
All ages allowed? Yes! 

"Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: Yes
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed at least one swap successfully before signing up for more: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that
every participant meets these conditions: YES

All swappers MUST be pre-approved for this swap!

DETAILS:
This is a birthday swap; if you were born in October, post a list and you may receive a birthday present!  In your list be sure to include:
- Where you are from: generally state/country: so that people know where they have to send to- can make an informed commitment. (Compulsory)
- Crafted items that you would like (it helps greatly to include links to photographs, tutorials, etc.)
- Crafting supplies.
- You can also include your birthday and age if you'd like (or not, of course)! 

HOW?!?!
First: You will look through the lists of the people
who have already posted.  You will THEN pick someone from
there to craft for.

Second: As soon as you have messaged me, the organizer,
telling me who you would like to craft for and your answers to the
questionnaire, I will tell you that you can post a birthday list.

This is not like the other claim swaps- such as OWS where you must pick again to repost your list. In the October Birthday Swap, you post your list once and it will stay there for craftster to scroll through at will. I will be updating the sending/receiving list rather frequently, so if you are unsure who to craft for, that might give you a better idea 

BASICS:
- To be able to post a list you have to craft for at least ONE person
- There must be AT LEAST 5 items on your list
- Once you have picked someone to craft for, you can be picked as many times as there are items on your list. (To make sure things are fair though, the organizers retain the right to restrict people's lists if they are receiving a significant amount more than they are giving).
- You can choose to craft for as many people as you like, but you cannot "owe" more than 3 things. If you have picked 3 people to craft for, you must send at least one of those items successfully before picking again.
- If you are a newbie and this is your first swap, you must successfully send once before choosing again.
- Please use DC#s or get a copy of the customs number/receipt/proof when sending your packages... this helps greatly if they're lost in the mail!
- Regular communication is required, so PM me when you send and when you receive.
- You can craft for more than one person if you want, just PM me who you'd like to craft for and I'll send you their address!

IMPORTANT:
If you were not born in October, you may still craft for somebody if youd like to, however they are not bound to craft for you in return. That being said...

If you receive a gift from anyone in this swap, it is polite to mail a thank you note/card/letter. Also post pictures of your received items in the gallery- or let your partner know before hand if you don't have a camera/scanner, so that their work can be appreciated.

When one of your items is picked, you must cross it out on your list so that other swappers know what is available.

EXAMPLE:
Person B wants to have their list posted so they PM the organizer with their questionnaire answers, and what they want to craft from Person As list.  The organizer will then PM person B, give them person As address, then they can then post their list.

Person C wants to have a list up, so they choose from A OR B, PM the organizer their answers, the name of the person they want to craft for, and what theyre going to craft. Then they wait until the organizer approves them and sends them the address of whom they have picked.  Then they can post their list.

PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS FROM THIS ORGANIZER:

*Please don't PM me with your estimated date of send out.  PM me after you have actually sent the package.
*If you have aversions to animal products or you have allergies that you feel need to be addressed, please include that in your introduction when you post your list (this isn't for me, it's for those who are crafting for you!).
*If you or your roommates smoke, please launder your crafts if possible or air-freshen them before sending.

PLEASE PM THE ORGANIZER WITH THE FOLLOWING
INFORMATION IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE
(Please make the title of your PM the name of the swap)

Name of swap: October 2007 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name and mailing address:
Who you pick:
What you are making:

(Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.)

Please feel free to PM me and ask any questions that you may have! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Queen Of Fools

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007 07:52:46 PM »

October Birthday Swap List!

Blue=Sent
Green=Received

Greiney-->Queen of Fools
Imus-->Greiney
Moonshire-->Imus
Pimpernelsmith-->Moonshire
zkitten-->Moonshire
Kayrun-->Pimpernelsmith
Queen of Fools-->zkitten and Greiney

*Edit- When the last person signs up toward the end of the month, I'll take that person so there's no one at the end with no one to craft for them.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007 05:29:44 AM by Queen Of Fools » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Queen Of Fools

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007 08:06:41 PM »

Hello!  Since I am hosting this swap, the only way I could figure out how to start was to post my list first.  So, here goes.

First, a bit about me.  I am a stay-at-home mother of two and wife to a currently deployed (but coming home soon!) Air Force Flight Engineer (who has, coincidentally, missed my birthday for the past three years due to deployments).

My list:
1.  Handmade journal or other paper related craft (stationary, etc.)
2.  Knit anything (I can't knit and would like to learn, but I'm left handed and haven't found anyone to teach me yet)- especially smallish dolls or animals, or a supercute hat or scarf, or even a bag.
3.  Any sort of handmade purse or bag
4.  Anything arty!  Altered canvas, jewelry charms, magnets, whatever.

I like birds in general, owls and crows in particular, dark bohemian/gypsy colors and patterns as well as retro 70's fabrics and prints, pirates, travel, and of course, art.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Grieney

rambunctiously soft-spoken

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007 05:28:35 AM »

Greetings from merry Maryland!

This is me:  I am a flitting crafter.  I try something, conquer and move on, but always love to go back! I sew, quilt, crochet and throw pottery when I can find a class.  Also have the random education of an civil engineering degree with a minor in classical studies, so I work in construction and play cello.  Whatever pays the bills, right? Have a boyfriend and we share a beagle who basically owns the house.

The list:

- funky silk screened or embroidered or handpainted or whatever t-shirts or hoodies, or heck, sweatpants as long as I'm not going to sit on your efforts

- something inspired by comic books - clothes, tote bag, etc.  I'm a big fan of the greats - Batman, Supes, Spidey.  Same goes for cello or classical music stuff.

- A magic yarn ball!

- 12x12 afghan squares made by you

- Note cards to include in my swap packages

- BIG WISH! Cheez Doodles, mainly available in the southeast US. Not Cheetos, or Cheez Puffs, these are made by Wise and I can't get them up here.  Cry

- An amigurumi beagle! Really, anything beagle related.  Mine is my only child, after all.

- kits are good, too.  I love trying out new things! Needle felting or whatever you're into.

- a simple purse, not too funky or I'll get flak at work for being girly.

Wist at the bottom, too.  Thanks for picking me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yes, my parents know that I'm a hooker

Wist : Blog : Etsy :
IMIS
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007 06:18:24 AM »

Hey! My name is Simi, and I'm from Brooklyn, NY. My birthday is October 21st.......I'll be 18!

I am currently in a culinary school, studying to become a pastry chef. I love animals, and I have a pet cockatiel named Disney. I love to craft, and I love art. I also just recently learned how to knit.
That's me! Now on to the list!

- I'd love to learn to needle felt, so a needle felting kit would be great, needles and all.

- An 18-in-a-box- I'm excited to turn 18, yay!

- Pastry Chef in-a-box(no food please!)

- Country/State souvenirs!

-Papercaly kit-here you can see for yourself what paperclay is, in case you call it something else: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=101333.0

Thanks for looking, and please, one request: No food. Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007 06:23:11 AM by IMIS » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am looking to swap for knitting needles and supplies! If you are interested in doing a PERSONAL SWAP with me, please PM me! Thanks!!!
moonshire

if you're going to san francisco...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007 11:52:05 AM »

Hello! My name is Tara.. I currently live in Seattle and am loving it (I just moved here about 6months ago)  My favorite color is red, but I like all bright colors. My favorite crafting hobbies are sewing and jewelry making.   My birthday is the 20th and Ill be 22 Smiley and Im super excited because my mom is flying here from New York for my birthday Smiley

- a new wallet .. mine is falling apart so I am in need of a new one.. really anything but duct tape would be great.  I've seen some cool tutorials on here for nice fabric ones but just haven't gotten around to making one yet.

- a crocheted or knitted head band  .. are they called pantas?  here's a link for one but I'm open to other patterns http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=193652.0   Something in Earth tones would be best as thats what I mostly seem to wear -Thanks PimpernelSmith!!

-earrings.. I love to wear them and am always looking for new ones.. I  prefer dangly ones as posts seem to just irritate my ears

-knitted or crocheted just about anything  .. scarfs, hats, mittens/gloves, leg warmers, socks,   Im a bad crocheter and cant knit so handmade of all this stuff is amazing and would love anything you could make

Thanks and Happy Birthday to all you October babies.. best month ever!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007 10:07:15 PM by moonshire » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would you not like to be?  -DMB
http://seaddlebags.blogspot.com/
zkitten
GeekFreekQueenofClutz

i am z

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007 02:42:39 PM »

Hi  Grin
I'm z, I live in TN, and today i'm 27! I'm happily child-free, and a year round self-proclaimed spooky girl.I have an odd obsession with learning everything i can, and seeing how many skills i can incoperate into making odd little things, I also attempt to make a living selling the odd things i make. i jsut got a learn to knit kit, but it seems the fibre arts are out of my reach, no matter how hard i try! and I'm going to go out now, and get myself an icecream cake!

things that would rock it!-

- a black cardigan longish, open in the front  (store bought, handmade, second hand, all ok!)

- lace! preferably black, or dark red/purple/mauve/ivory/creams/browns/ect.. i'm about out!

- gum arabic (either liquid or powder)

- socks! (another of my obsessions) i love stripes, patterns, skulls, kitties, the more off the wall or odd or unique, the better! as long as they dont itch! (i hate itching!)

- wood trays- i keep all my projects on them, and i really do need a few more (at least the size of a sheet of paper!)

- broken watch or clock parts(cogs gears ect), I collect them (another odd hobby) I'd really like some larger peices as most of the ones I have are quite small!

- intresting and/or odd yarns or fibers   i use them in just about every area of crafting, though i am learning (not very well) to knit..

- subversive or sublime cross stich kit, or any intresting cross stich kit (so i can have something to do while i snuggle the other half)

- dead insects - i'm serious! beetles, spiders, scorpians, so i can ... alter them...

-some kind of hair taming thing to keep my hair back from my face (other than my bangs) so i can see while i drive  Wink (black, purple, red, silver, paisly, skulls, kittys, or any spooky designs would be kick ass!)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007 01:09:27 AM by zkitten » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://ChaoticlyCreative.com | http://ZKitten.Etsy.com
My Swap Info 

got my net back, trying to catch up on stuffs!
PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007 08:05:10 PM »

Greetings and Salutations Oh October Lads & Lasses!

My birthday was October 2nd, and I'm...older than the norm for someone who is contemplating grad school.  Wink  I live in the USA (Iowa); I am waaayyyy overdue to get over an ocean; I work with Special Needs teens.. And as my logo indicates: I love lots of crafts, but have mastered none! You can always check out my profile for info on favorite things (and my lousey allergies  Roll Eyes ).

So, My List:

-- A broad leather cuff bracelet. Not wildly fancy necessarily, but sleek.

-- I've gotten a couple of felting needles, so a bit of colored roving to play with would be very cool.
          Any needle felting paraphenalia would be good, actually.

-- Bookmarks are always fun!

-- Wee birdfeeders are always welcome.

-- I'm trying to expand my experience of Latin and of Arabic music, so any samplings you'd like to share would be neat.

-- Bobbins for bobbin lace making or related paraphenalia (I'm sorta, kinda trying to learn...)

-- Advice on getting grad school funding as a past-30 female.

-- Any ol' birthday card - I love getting mail!

-- If anyone knows of an USA source for Scrumpy Jack's Cider, I'd dearly love the knowledge!
Or for that matter: Smarties, Worchester Crisps, Chocolate Bourbons...I lived in Scotland for a year, have traveled to England and Ireland several times, and suffer withdrawls now and then.

-- If anyone has duplicate sets of double-pointed knitting needles they don't want, I could use some.

-- Rooted cuttings from violets, orchids, or holiday cacti.

-- Mental well-wishes for the whole grad school thing.

-- SURPRISE ME! 

Thanks in advance to Everyone who crafts for Any & All October Babies!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
Queen Of Fools

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007 07:30:57 PM »

Sorry it took so long, but the gallery is here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=205518.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Queen Of Fools

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007 08:40:32 AM »

Okay, by my own admission this swap has gone on too long- and I'm definitly guilty of procrastination.  My packages are going out either tommorrow or thursday.  If everyone could get theirs out by the end of the week we won't be dragging this too far into December.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Red Carpet Raves: J Lo, Jessica Alba and Rita Ora Make Statements
First Lady Fashion Choices Means Big Bucks For Designers
Testing Out the Skineez Skincarewear
Learn How to Wash Every Type of Fabric
Best Dressed Stars: Selena Gomez, Julianne Hough and Jessica Alba
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...