A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,166
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craftalong Un-swap part 3: Knitting  (Read 7211 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2005 03:44:16 PM »

I am going to need more time for this project!  All of my attempts have been sabotaged.

Chirel- Congrats on your baby boy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2005 04:09:47 PM »

Holy crap! Perfect timing for looking at the most recent posts. I have been looking for hte craftalong thread (because I signed up...) but couldnt find it. I did make a purse, but never posted pictures  Lips sealed I know, someday..sorry guys, and I have knitted a few things, so..hopefully I can get some pictures up..ahh!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
littleone1098

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2005 04:21:43 PM »

if you are using long needles, try debbie stoller's approach and put the "knitting onto" needle under your arm. that way you are only manipulating one needle and the tip of the other. i can't imagine knitting any other way!!!
I've never tried that way before, but I hold the "knitting onto" needle in between my legs, I started it when i started knitting..and it really makes it go alot faster...and doesnt take up so much room with 2 needles flopping around. So...just in case someone doesnt prefer the under the arm thing, maybe this'll help
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
flyinpurplemunkiez
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2005 10:36:01 PM »

My godmother loaned me this book that's suposed to teach little kids how to knit...I'm so lame. I'm still having issues.  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2005 06:56:14 AM »

www.knittinghelp.com is a VERY good site, with videos, and what not, to help you learn, it has all the basics and also more advanced techniques, when you feel like moving on to intarsia, or something of that level, it's very good. Soo...if you are like me and can't really grasp the concept of things from just seeing pictures, try out this site..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hanabi
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2005 07:25:32 PM »

I have almost finished my scarf...I am knitting it with two strands of baby yarn one white and one pale pink. And I have knitted a border into the pattern. But you know knitting in the Australian summer is hardwork!!! I might just post a picture of my almost finished scarf and go to the beach instead of finishing it.

Littleone, thanks for the reference to the knittinghelp website, that is an AMAZING website. So helpful and very thorough. thank you!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2005 08:34:19 PM »

Littleone, thanks for the reference to the knittinghelp website, that is an AMAZING website. So helpful and very thorough. thank you!!!!
No problem, I totally fell in love with it, just trying to share the wealth Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

taped_on_wings
Queen of ill-fated physical comedy

Leave the politics to madmen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2005 08:12:26 PM »

In-between biology and algebra exams and rolls of film needing to be shot, I haven't gotten very far.  That 'awesome' yarn I mentioned way back is still sitting in my closet.  I knitted up a bit and discovered that it's not as awesome as originally thought.  So, I ended up knitting a scarf for my cousin (owner of the world's largest scarf collection) b-day, using two strands of Bernats Ping Pong in hot pink and white held together throughout.  It has little puffs of fleece and stands of tinsel in it.  I ended up taking the fringe off.  The scarf is so long that it just looked funny.

Plus, now I'm making a scarf for my uncle, who after seeing that I made ones for all the girls in my family one for Christmas was sad that I didn't make him one.  Hey, all the guys that I asked said no...  So, I'm using Lion Brand's Homespun in Edwardian (dark gray).  It was supossed to be for his b-day too, but that was two weeks ago.

Photobucket obviously hates me right now, so I'll post the pics later. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.robotheartsquid.etsy.com
http://www.wists.com/taped_on_wings
http://theonlyevidence.blogspot.com/

Before birds get sucked into jet engines, do they ever think, "Is that Rod Stewart in first class?" ~Eddie Izzard
Linds3485
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2005 05:54:46 PM »

OMG... I finished... EARLY! I swear I thought this thing would never be finished. I kept putting it around my neck to see how long it was... and I felt like I needed 4 more inches for about a week. But its finished... and I'm very happy with it, especially since its my first time knitting. Haha... if you look closely you can tell which side I started on (its the ugly one).

Funny thing is... I kept going and going because I wanted to get the darned thing finished... but just so I could start another one! Ahhhhh!!! I've already got the yarn for it... haha... this is very addicting. Thanks for having this craftalong and pushing me to actually learn!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lindsay Designs Unique accessories for you and your pet. It's fashion. Unleashed.
pickledkitty
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2005 06:21:23 PM »

Oye, another inch. Maybe I should knit more often than just in church;p
I'll try to get a pic up... one day;p
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Understanding Digital Camera Functions
The Role of a Digital Camera Memory Card
Understanding the Mega Pixel
How to Prepare Your Digital Camera for Use
How to Care for Your Digital Camera
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...