A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,942
Currently Running With Scissors:
571 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magknits Rainbow Socks KAL  (Read 8814 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Woman, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2007 10:43:22 PM »

My sock is going slowly, impeded by the million other projects I've got going and evil seasonal illness...foggy-headedness and tiny stitches on slippery needles do not mix.

Is anybody else getting weirder than usual reactions from non-knitters with this pattern?  Socks in general tend to freak them out, but never before have I gotten this sort of thing...tell them it's a sock and it's like they hear the sky tastes like raspberries in my world or something...I half expect them to feel my forehead for a fever Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stacie0805
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2007 05:04:30 PM »

My MIL noticed I was knitting the rainbow socks (not necessarily the wicked awesome pattern) and said, "What you're knitting some more socks?".  I just laughed it off.  Clearly, she's a non-knitter that has never worn hand knitted socks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2007 05:32:43 PM »

My sock is going slowly, impeded by the million other projects I've got going

Me too. I finished one, and haven't yet cast-on for the 2nd which is really unusual for me. But I found about that the baby shower I expected to be in mid/late January is actually the BEGINNING OF DECEMBER!! so I've been knitting baby things like crazy. Well, ok, it's just one sweater, so far, but there's also the booties and hat and mittens and ack!! Ok, baby sweater and booties for sure by next weekend (ack!) the hat and mittens, well, maybe not.

And after the baby shower, THEN I can start the 2nd sock.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aliastriona_angerboda

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2007 11:57:23 PM »

I finished my first sock last Friday:

They're ankle-length because I'm lazy and impatient they're mostly just going to be worn around the house...wooden floors get chilly in the winter.  I'm a few rows from the heel on the second one (socks go pretty fast if they do more than just sit around on your desk) and I hope to have it done in the next couple of days...then I get to start on a pair for my Mum.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pmack17
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2007 09:52:58 PM »

Talk about ancient history! These have been done for awhile but I guess knitting is more fun than posting!
I used Lion Brand Magic Stripes in Regatta Blue. This pattern was well-written and fun to knit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliastriona_angerboda

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2007 01:31:17 PM »

I love how different yarns can completely change the look of this pattern!  My first pair is done:

That's two different colorways of Schoeller + Stahl Fortissima Colori Socka Color, from their "Mexico" collection that came out a few years back.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007 01:32:25 PM by aliastriona_angerboda » THIS ROCKS   Logged

apixiegrl
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2008 09:56:49 AM »

OOO aliastriona_angerboda and pmack17.. your socks are fantastic..!! I think I want to make a pair of these now that all my holiday knitting if finished.. (cough..um I just finished it.. it just lasted forever)..I was a bit iffy on starting these after seeing that so many people were having problems with the pattern.. but after seeing you finished socks.. I'm going to give them a try..( a bit late I guess to start this)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pmack17
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2008 02:07:46 PM »

apixiegrl,
Go for it! It's a fun pattern and a nice way to do something a little different with self-striping yarn. My advice: follow the designer's directions for the short rows--don't overthink them, just do what she says!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chicken Salad with Golden Currants on fixmyrecipe.com
Improved Chili Recipe
How to Make Crab Cakes with Grapefruit Aioli
How to make Lima Beans
How to make Southern Breakfast
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...