A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,175
Currently Running With Scissors:
452 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magknits Rainbow Socks KAL  (Read 9309 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stacie0805
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2007 12:18:42 PM »

I'm having a bit of trouble with the last few pattern rows.  I've increased my total stitch count to 68 - just FYI.  I've completed a RS row and have 4 unworked stitches on the left hand needle.  What do I do next?  I really need some step by step instructions. Huh 

I tried to do what I thought the pattern was saying, but after complete the second triangle, I'm not back to stitch number 1.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pmack17
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2007 01:33:32 PM »

From the pattern:
Continue in this manner, working 4 more sts before turning on every row, until there are only 4 sts left unworked at end of row (RS). K3, turn work, work turn st, purl to turned st, purl tog both loops of turned st, p3, turn, work turn st. Now work 2 rounds over all sts, knitting together both loops of the last turned sts. Note that the beginning of the round has shifted from needle 1 to needle 3.

Remember on the last 2 rows you knit or purl only 3 stitches past the turned stitch. Then those 2 plain rounds you knit those last 2 turn stitches.

Do you think you forgot to knit 4 past the turn stitch on one row? I was off by one stitch on one of my triangles. I figured it was just a counting error somewhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stacie0805
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2007 03:07:16 PM »

pmack17, Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!  I realized that I didn't have the end of the row marked, so I was ending up with just a total of 4 unworked sts not 8.

Another quick question....

How do I avoid a hole inbetween the two unworked sts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pmack17
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2007 04:30:03 PM »

How do I avoid a hole inbetween the two unworked sts?

Amazingly, the next plain round of knitting closes the gap. Also, I'm hoping that a good blocking will smooth the sock. I blasted mine with my steam iron and it looks a lot better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThreadOrYarn
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2007 06:44:50 AM »

I'm hoping that a good blocking will smooth the sock. I blasted mine with my steam iron and it looks a lot better.

That's good to hear - I was wondering the same thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pmack17
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2007 02:30:45 PM »

Progress, at last! These are Lion Brand Magic Stripes in Regatta Blue Stripe. They are a bit skewed which I presume is because my knit gauge is different than my purl gauge. I'm hoping a soak, some time on a sock blocker and maybe some steam will even them out. I'm going to attempt the heel today.

The pattern is fun and well written, however if you like knitting socks because there are few purl stitches, this pattern is not for you. Half of the rows are purl rows!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThreadOrYarn
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2007 03:59:17 PM »

Progress, at last! These are Lion Brand Magic Stripes in Regatta Blue Stripe. They are a bit skewed which I presume is because my knit gauge is different than my purl gauge. I'm hoping a soak, some time on a sock blocker and maybe some steam will even them out. I'm going to attempt the heel today.

The pattern is fun and well written, however if you like knitting socks because there are few purl stitches, this pattern is not for you. Half of the rows are purl rows!

Looks good! It'll look skewed if you haven't done an even number of short-row sections (it looks like you've done 3?). And when you've got an even number of short-row sections, it'll probably STILL look skewed, just less skewed. But once you put it on, it'll look fine. At least that's what happening with mine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2007 04:33:01 PM »

Those look really cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
mmdm
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2007 05:04:10 AM »

Those are looking good, pmack! I haven't had a chance to work on mine lately. I need to get back to them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThreadOrYarn
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2007 06:49:59 AM »

I could've sworn I'd posted pics of my sock a few days ago, but I guess not. Hope these come out ok.

The gusset runs from the safety pin to the bottom left - the green stripe is the 2nd or 3rd row of the gusset.

The sock's done almost 2" above the heel. (2 short row sections) I'm thinking 6 sections on the leg might be long enough
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Razors
5 Fall Must Haves with Natalie Off Duty
Beauty at NYFW SS 2015
Back to the Beauty Basics for Fall
Trending Lipstick Shades for Fall
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...