A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,084
Currently Running With Scissors:
785 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magknits Rainbow Socks KAL  (Read 8313 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007 11:02:08 AM »

I haven't started yet (still have to do the math for the size!), but I've looked at the pattern and  don't think the shortrows would have to be any different.

What yarn is everyone using (if you've already bought it)?  I got some Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Jeans:

It takes me forever to wind it into balls because I'm lazy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
b1znatch
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007 05:17:09 PM »

I just did the toe and then worked the short rows exactly how it said for the leg. I'm at the heel now and it doesn't seem to be a problem at all, but only time will tell!
I like making these socks so much that I may make another pair in a better color. The more I work with the yarn the more I don't mind the color too. It's a really fun pattern and easy once you get the hang of it (I had an hour and a half train ride and I finished a pattern repeat and the short row heel). I can't wait to see how other people's go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mmdm
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007 08:59:57 PM »

Oh, good, I'm so glad these will work toe-up! Must get yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Woman, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007 08:33:53 PM »

I'll be coming back to this once my brain and stack of WIPs have cleared up a bit...I really like these socks.  It's awesome to see people doing them toe-up, that works so much better for me and my limited supply of sock yarn...got a couple skeins of Fortissima Colori Socka Color hanging about.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

treiga
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007 10:13:36 PM »

I am having one heck of time with this pattern. I am a fairly advanced knitter, but this pattern has me stumped! I can't even get started on the first short row. Does anyone have any pointers that will help me out?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007 10:25:39 PM »

Are you on Ravelry?  I know there's a discussion about it there in the Patterns forum.

I haven't started knitting yet, so I'm afraid I can't be of much help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
mmdm
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007 12:38:42 PM »

I started these over the weekend, toe up, and have a couple of inches done but 60 stitches is too big for me. I've emailed the pattern author to ask if any other number will work. I hope so, because I hate baggy socks.  Smiley I'm using Sock Landscapes from Knitpicks (apparently discontinued) in the color Yukon which is blues and gray.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pmack17
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007 01:42:51 PM »

mmdm,
What size needle are you using? I have some old Magic Stripes that I think might work for this. I should be ready to start in a few days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mmdm
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007 01:51:10 PM »

mmdm,
What size needle are you using? I have some old Magic Stripes that I think might work for this. I should be ready to start in a few days.

I'm using size 1s. I'm even using my horrible metal double points because they are slightly smaller than my beloved size 1 Addi Turbo circulars, but they're still too big.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2007 09:31:41 AM »

http://www.magknits.com/Oct07/patterns/rainbow.htm

I love these socks and have to make some!  Only because I am stubborn, I'm knitting them toe-up and trying to size them up to fit a men's size 11.  It's going to take me awhile to do the math before I start knitting, but I'd love some company.

I've read on Ravelry the pattern's kind of challenging, so join up and let's do it together!

Cool!  I didn't realize there was a KAL going on for these! I'm about halfway done with the first sock. I'm doing it toe-up too because, well, that's how I usually do my socks  Grin I've got a pic on my blog and I'll post it here too when I get a chance later tonight.

I'm using a regia yarn that's mostly white with stripes of other colors. The stripe is only about 1 row long, which looks pretty neat going at the zig zag.

I don't think it's a hard pattern, a little fussy maybe for the first few short rows (when you're short-rowing less than 12 or so stitches), but that doesn't last too long.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Selections Quickly and Accurately in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Modify a Mask in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Use an Alpha Channel as a Mask in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Create Alpha Channel in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Use CMYK Color Channels in Adobe Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...