A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: NaNoWriMo Swap Gallery  (Read 4579 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

seamshistoric
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007 07:45:51 PM »

I don't know which is my favorite: the blanket *SUPER WARM!* or the teas... they smell so goooooooood.... Megan also sent me some lovely flower pens, which will grace the kitchen table, because I am always searching for pens in the kitchen, and they're pretty enough for a centerpiece. lots of post its, and a folding book full of inspirational quotes, which I have yet to read all of them, but they are very well selected! take a gander at that stitching on the blanket. A wonderful idea!

« Last Edit: October 25, 2007 07:47:27 PM by seamshistoric » THIS ROCKS   Logged
JenBin
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007 07:49:23 PM »

Awesome!

How could we not succeed since we have so much inspiration this year?   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaykayelle
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007 06:21:00 PM »

So here's what I got fron KraftyKT: (webcam pictures, camera USB cable has gone AWOL)

Cute cute cute dog pens:

Secret package:

"Inspiration Station", we both came up with the same thing! There are words inside to pick from.

Journal for ideas. This is the perfect size to take to school with me.

Lip Gloss! I love love love Junior Mints. Favorite candy ever.

Pencils with flowers on the top:

Pens, which I desperately need to write with:

Cutest of all, a cup of coffee and donut made of clay. The essentials of NaNo, food and coffee!

And, last but certainly not least, secrets that I get to open thoughout the month:

Thanks sooooo much! I love everything a lot and I look forward to opening up the rest of it along the way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007 07:08:53 PM »

I am so with you guys in spirit. I love all the little idea books and inspiration things people are sending! Cheesy

And the month is getting close... how are you all feeling? (I really hope to be able to participate next year!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hp_nerd
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007 07:45:19 PM »

I cannot believe I didn't see this!  i have to go into the treacherous waters of NaNiWriMo, first year, without swapped goodness?  Sad. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The cure for anything is salt water.  Sweat, tears, or the sea." -Isak Dinesen

Personal Swap?

My Wist.
edud

live by the sleeves of 1989

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007 01:29:16 PM »

i'm totally with you, hp nerd.

going to my regional meet up right now, but i'm nervous and rather wish i'd done the swap instead.

this gear looks sweet...i am going to try and put together myself a care package before this whole shebang gets started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
razberryjam
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007 09:19:46 AM »

Yay! I got my package from seamshistoric on Friday and it was AWESOME!

First was an awesome pen holder. It was so crafty and colorful. Here's a picture of it all tied up and closed:

And here's what it looked like open:

So creative and adorable! And I love writing utensils and office things, so this is perfect!

Next was a knitted coffee holder-thing, which is very much like something that's on my wist. And it's brown, which is one of my favorite colors. I wish you could see the detail better, but it's really well made and so, so soft.

I am SO EXCITED about this coffee stuff. I told seams that I loved coffee, especially during novel writing time, and she sent me a bag of fair trade organic coffee and a bunch of flavor syrups. They look delicious, but I'm saving them for November. Just looking at the picture makes me drool.

Last but not least, a super cool notebook holder with more of the coffee theme (which I love!) This is going to be great, as I don't have a laptop and am hoping for tons of inspiration which will require me to jot down lots of notes and ideas when I'm away from my desk. Again, I love the colors.

Thanks for such a great swap, seamshistoric! And as for my partner - I am finally finished and am sending out tomorrow. I'm going to priority mail it and hope you get it before November 1st.

Good luck noveling, y'all!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

silverfisch
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007 02:08:48 PM »

now you all prepare to be jealous because I just picked up and opened The Package Shocked I can't believe all the things addicted2knitting crafted for me and all the extras! I could never imagine a better first swap Cheesy

now with the goods!

I opened a colorful package (I folded the color papers you wrapped everything in becuase they are just so great!) to find the most gorgeous knitted bag ever! just check the pictures... the colors are absolutely beautiful and it's so nice to touch! I never had a knitted bag before and now I can't stop touching it  Grin It even has a back pocket for having things handy. I plan putting some change for sweets and such

the bag came filled with tons of other goods! now, why did she knit that beauty for me? because I happened to tell her I love to take my laptop outdoors and sit at some cafe to write. so she made the perfect bag for my 12" laptop, which fits perfectly and has tons of room for wallet, battery, keys, candy, notebook... one of my kitties, boss, agrees  Grin

the bag has beautiful lining, and is padded so that the laptop is protected... and came with some velcro? when I first saw it I went like huh?

it has a divider, too! with a pocket, a zipped pocket, and the greatest charms ever Cheesy check out also the crafty button to close the bag!

and action shot of dorky me with laptop packed for nanowrimo at my building's elevator, which happens to be the only place where there is good light  Grin I never thought a knitted bag would be so sturdy, and that a knitted handle would take a laptop's weight, but it does, and feels sooooo comfy! I love my new bag!!

inside the bag came a bunch of great things: some cards and papers to write ideas and such. my fave ones are the star folded, and the cats! did I mention I love cats? she completely took my passion for my three kitties in and everything shows it!

there are also many cuts with sayings about cats. they are lovely and so funny Cheesy

also some pens in my fave colors, beautiful pencils with sayings about the planet (already in use), delicious chewing gum I am currently chewing, and cherry lipbalm! I never find so yummy flavors in my city and I love it. It's already being used and in my purse Grin

and the secret files! she wrote for me the funniest story starring me, my cats, my contact in the USA (she) and the goodies she crafted for me. Tonya, my dear, please excuse me for lauging out lout at the zipper issue Grin Grin Roll Eyes there is also explained the meaning of the velcro I found inside the bag Wink

a handmade notebook. which is just PERFECT. the cover has also words about kitties, and the inside she completely stitched (was this called coptic binding?) and filled with pages all different. I just love the different textures, the writings on some of them, the special add-ons like the letter soup (is it called like that) for procrastination goodness Grin and the bookmarks! this is absolotely awesome and also being used in my purse instead of the plain boring moleskine I had

and last, but not least, the knitted wool socks I am currently wearing Cheesy this last night the weather cooled and I was feeling cold, so the perfect socks arrived at the perfect moment! they are soft and couldn't fit me better. and the colors - my fave! the loveliest shade of purples & greys for sitting in front of the computer and write with warm feet Cheesy

tonya, I love it ALL SO MUCH!!! and it's useful!  I can't thank you enough for being such a great swap partner. now I have the worst swap anxiety and can only hope you will enjoy as much as I have opening the package and looking at what I crafted for you

I can't stop smiling! Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007 02:13:24 PM by silverfisch » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007 02:53:51 PM »

now I have the worst swap anxiety and can only hope you will enjoy as much as I have opening the package and looking at what I crafted for you

HEY!  Remember what I said about craft anxiety!  Not allowed!  I have been checking craftster daily while on our Florida vacation to see if your package arrived and was so relieved to discover your laptop DOES fit in the bag (okay, maybe a LITTLE anxiety is allowed!).  I'm so glad you like it!  I think swapping is just about the coolest thing ever and I can't remember the last time I enjoyed making something for someone (outside my daughter) quite so much! 

You need to know, I almost laughed myself sick over the "zipper incident."  Just so you all know:  I made a little wallet to go with the bag, but I sewed the zipper in, in such a way that all it did was unzip -- no pocket because it was sewed to the pocket lining as well.  That was the day I knew I was crafted out!

Thank you, Krafty KT, for organizing a great swap!  And thank you, silver, for being such a great swap partner!  I love that picture of Boss!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

freebiequeencharissa
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007 06:25:48 PM »

What wonderfully amazing swap partners you have been!  I could use some help with my writing.  First time participating in NaNoWriMo!  Stoked!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design T-shirt Transfers on the Computer
How to Apply Embroidery Transfers
How to Choose Transfer Paper
How to Iron On Numbers to Fabric
How to Apply T-shirt Transfer Papers
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...