A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 308,189
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cobblestone Pullover anyone? IK Fall '07  (Read 5664 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ratdogforever
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007 03:43:45 PM »

ratdogforever ~ I contemplated the duster, too but it was WAAAYY too much stockinette for me to handle and DH really needs a sweater Wink

I knoooow!  Tongue
That made up my mind. I'm putting the BF before myself...I just have to find some decent yarn. I've pretty much decided on Cascade 220 Heathers in color 2446...it's a very nice olive green.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007 11:07:20 PM »

Have you guys calculated the amout of Cascade 220 that.............. wait, OF COURSE you have. So how much Cascade are you planning on using? I notice that the original pattern calls for another yarn.... sooooooo, what did you come up with?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.blogspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
mmdm
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007 07:31:13 AM »

I really want to make this sweater for myself, as a sort of sweatshirt alternative. Maybe with a bit of waist shaping, or possibly more tunic shaped. Other things to finish first, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ratdogforever
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007 08:48:25 AM »

Have you guys calculated the amout of Cascade 220 that.............. wait, OF COURSE you have. So how much Cascade are you planning on using? I notice that the original pattern calls for another yarn.... sooooooo, what did you come up with?  Wink
Cascade 220 has twice the yardage per skein than the yarn called for, so I just halved the amount. I'm making the medium? I think? Whichever calls for 14 skeins. I ordered 7 plus one more to be safe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007 02:19:50 PM »

ratdogforever> thanks so much for that info!! I have a LYS that sells Cascade 220 in some awesome shades, maybe the same one you are using! Wink
I am super excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.blogspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007 05:02:43 PM »

I LOVE this sweater!  I wish my husband would wear sweaters - he'll only wear super light weight sweaters in cotton blends.   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
shopdaughter
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007 09:39:45 PM »

You could TOTALLY do it in a worsted cotton!  Or, depending on the size you'd need to make, you could make a larger size in a lighter weight yarn, like maybe a sport weight cotton? 

SilvrIlix ~ what ratdogforever said is right on the money.  Double the yardage and it's fairly inexpensive for an AWESOME yarn with many many many color choices. 

Progress update ~ I'm at the part where I need to put the garter sts on scrap yarn and start on the sleeves.  This is where I'm sure I'm be slow as molasses.  I just don't wanna do the sleeves LOL  It doesn't help that I'm working on Girlfriend's Swing Coat http://knitandtonic.typepad.com/knitandtonic/2005/08/draft_7.html and the Argosy scarf http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTargosy.html
At least I'm not getting too bored LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ratdogforever
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007 09:04:32 AM »

My yarn came today and it is PERFECT.
My boyfriend dropped me off at my office this morning and when I saw the package by my door, I ran back outside and yelled "your yarn is here!!"
He did a really good job of acting excited.
I expect I'll swatch it this evening and cast on by tomorrow...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shopdaughter
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007 09:58:14 AM »

Holy moly!!  That was quick shipping!  Where did you get it from???  I saw the color you picked and it's beautiful!!!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ratdogforever
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2007 11:15:40 AM »

I got it through Amazon from a place called Alpaca Direct...they had the best prices I could find and the shipping was SUPER quick.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Minnie Mouse
How to Face Paint a Fairy
How to Draw Mickey Mouse
How to Draw Spongebob Squarepants
How to Draw Goofy
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pallet Shelf
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...