A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,056
Currently Running With Scissors:
793 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fill a Coffee Cup or Mug Swap!  (Read 10619 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Babizzle
I am SmurfPop!

YOU/USED T O _B E A_LR IGHT

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2007 11:23:14 AM »

I'm so glad it arrived OK! I saw on your profile that you're starting out with jewellery making, so I put some head pins and beads in - IIRC they are Swarovski Smiley

And I had the mug on my desk with the chocolates in them right after I bought them, and my boyfriend came over. I left him alone in my room for 2 minutes, I came back and he was polishing off the choccies!  Roll Eyes  So I had to run out and buy some more  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2007 11:53:02 AM »

I had some chocolates set aside for a swap too - and have not as yet discovered if they were eaten by hubby or daughter...  Angry

stinkers

Ronda

THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
frosty772
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2007 10:33:07 AM »

And I had the mug on my desk with the chocolates in them right after I bought them, and my boyfriend came over. I left him alone in my room for 2 minutes, I came back and he was polishing off the choccies!  Roll Eyes  So I had to run out and buy some more  Cheesy

Oh I can surely see why they would have been gone so quickly!!  OMG are they good!!  I have one left as I have actually been able to savor them and make them last !!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<b>Like what you see here??  It might be in my shop!!<b>
http://www.frosty772.etsy.com

<b>I wist!! Lets do a personal swap!!!<b>
http://www.wists.com/Frosty772

Moderndayvictorians.blogspot.com
Babizzle
I am SmurfPop!

YOU/USED T O _B E A_LR IGHT

« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2007 10:59:31 AM »

Oh I can surely see why they would have been gone so quickly!!  OMG are they good!!  I have one left as I have actually been able to savor them and make them last !!
You have far more self-restraint than me - I would have wolfed them all done in one go Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IHearTreesCry
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2007 02:45:00 PM »

I was too new to Craftster to be in this swap, so I'm spying your goodies totally green with envy--you all made some great swap packages and I hope there will be another round of this one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2007 07:11:01 PM »

I sent my package out oct.9th. I wish I had pictures of what I sent,but I have to use the scanner,and the two biggest things were too awkward to scan well.So I didn't bother,since she was going to take pics.
My mug was a tall plastic mug I transformed.I used glue and coffee beans to spell out Runs With Sissors.The words ended up covering most of the mug-coffee beans seem small until you try to write with them. I painted it with some bronze paint,and mottled it with some gold and black for a nice tortiseshell effect.It smelled nice too!Maybe not too practical to drink from,but fun. I bought a cute red demitasse cup and saucer at goodwill;it looked new.I made it into a candle,using beeswax,and a crayon to make it coffee colored.I splashed in some vanilla extract and powdered cinnamon in hopes of making it scented!I made two small notebooks.One small and simple,using a post it pad for the pages.I glued on some pretty fabric for the cover,used my little stencils and paint to spell out "coffee-yum",and twisted some silver wire around the edge.The other I used two art-y postcards for the cover.I sewed the pages together.I used as many different papers as I could-pretty stationary,wallpaper,phone book pages,stuff from my stash,ect.I took a green sock and hemmed the edges for a cup cozy-it has a small blue duct tape and fabric letters badge that says -Mine!
I had a flat glass stone-maybe quarter sized?A bigger version of those flat glass marbles you buy. Glued it to an odd metal ring.I cut some clear plastic,glued on some pretty paper to go with the rusty metal,a coffee bean,and wrote"in case of emergency break glass".Glued the glass over it.It didn't work out as a pendant like I'd planned,so it's just a doo dad.Hard to describe,but it looked neat.Took a pair of silver hoop earrings.Cut half circles of clear plastic,glued to the back.Spread on glue,filled with coffee beans,coating with strong clear glue and sealer to make them shiny.Just for fun,a barrell of monkeys ink pen.Tiny monkeys are in the barrell of the pen,it's cute! And I found a tin of mints shaped like a pairs of lips,filled with half cinnamon and half peppermint mints.
I didn't put in beverages,since at the time I was having some car trouble and couldn't make it to the coffee shop,just the grocery.Since she's just a coffee drinker,I didn't buy the yummy teas,and it seemed kind of pointless to buy Kroger coffee.I accidently left out the coffee milk recipe,but posted it here later.
Sorry about the no pics,but I wanted to post what I made anyway.Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@craftster
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Couponcode CRAFTSTER 10%
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd6
Pia_77
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2007 09:27:48 PM »

Wow, bookstorebabe, that sounds like a fantastic package.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

** Looking for Interweave Knits fall 2006 - I'll swap or pay for it.  Or, just the swallowtail shawl pattern!!!  PM me **
RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2007 09:58:21 PM »

Wow, bookstorebabe, that sounds like a fantastic package.  Smiley
no kidding - makes mine look lame...

Ronda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2007 03:30:27 AM »

Aw,thanks,guys! Next time I put stuff on the scanner,even if it does make crappy pics. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@craftster
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Couponcode CRAFTSTER 10%
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd6
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Peppermint Bonbon Cookies
Tex-Mex Brownie Recipe
Festive Eggnog Cookies Recipes
How to Make Sugar Cookie Cutouts
How to Make Sparkling Snowflake Shortbread
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...