A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Circular Shrug from Positively Crochet  (Read 4715 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

clawitter

oi with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007 02:58:45 AM »

I'm sorry I haven't been on here in so long, but I hurt my knee last week and now I am in depression county.....i'll have to have an MRI next week and surgery afterwards if the MRI confirms the diagnosis. And I have no idea how to pay for all of this. So although I have quite some time to craft now I really don't feel like it. I miss my sports (btw. this accident didn't happen while doing sports), I am scared and I can't even think about the financial aspect......

I will keep you updated as soon as I get back to the project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life would be an altogether supreme experience if i had a colored pencil long enough to draw on the ceiling

i would love to do (personal) swaps

http://www.wists.com/clawitter
jasmom
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007 01:59:23 PM »

Sorry to hear about your injury.  Hopefully, you won't need surgery and it's not as bad as you think Grin
I'm not making much progress on my shrug.  It's been hypernating for weeks now!  I still have to sew up the sides and make the 2 sleeves but I can't get motivated on it!
Good luck at doctor's next week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jasmom
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007 12:44:39 PM »

I finished my circular shrug today!  You can still see a few holes in it that I probably need to sew up.  I've been dragging my feet on this project??? but I'm happy it's done. 
It's made with Caron one pound yarn in sage!

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z19/jasmom101/?action=view&current=55555.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007 12:58:12 PM »

That looks great! I like the color!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
eatyerhartout
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007 03:38:38 PM »

Oh very pretty! I was thinking of buying this book soon, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.  Undecided I haven't seen many pics of the projects in the book and have heard some (very) mixed reviews. The shrug looks cute, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like to do personal swaps now and again.

I knit, crochet, and make stitch markers.

Just pm me if you wanna swap. Smiley
just me
this space for rent

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007 05:35:55 PM »

I finished my circular shrug today!  You can still see a few holes in it that I probably need to sew up.  I've been dragging my feet on this project??? but I'm happy it's done. 
It's made with Caron one pound yarn in sage!

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z19/jasmom101/?action=view&current=55555.jpg

Very pretty -- nice job!

Oh very pretty! I was thinking of buying this book soon, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.  Undecided I haven't seen many pics of the projects in the book and have heard some (very) mixed reviews. The shrug looks cute, though.

Check it out from your library (my library has an internet site which links to the regional site.  If my local library doesn't have a copy of a book, I can request it from any of the regional ones that do, and they send it to my local one for me.  Smiley)
It's a great way to "test run" a book to see if you really want to spend the $$$ on it.

I liked a few of the patterns, but not enough to justify buying the book (for me) so I copied the ones I liked.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tantrum
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007 03:18:29 PM »

Yeah, I got the book from the library too. I love the library.
 Jasmom, I like your shrug, the  sleeves look better than in the book. What size did you end up making?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If we resist our passions, it is more through their weakness than from our strength"
jasmom
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2007 06:58:27 AM »

Thanks everyone for your comments on my shrug!

Tantrum:  Thank you!  I made it in a size small.  I could of probably made the bottom a little longer.    I kind of wish that I had used a different kind of yarn but after a wash, it was a better fit.  The yarn had softened up and fit better.   Grin
I actually had some trouble w/ the sleeves, had to re-do one because I forgot to do a sc after each round.

I'd really love to see someone else's shrug made w/ a different yarn/color Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tantrum
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008 10:22:01 AM »

Hey i'm almost done (2 months later, but anyway) I am confused about the sleeve ribbing.
what exactly is going on with it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If we resist our passions, it is more through their weakness than from our strength"
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...