A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,750
Currently Running With Scissors:
661 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Recipe book!!  (Read 966 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Florence77
« on: October 07, 2007 09:44:21 AM »

Hi everyone! I recently got really into scrapbooking and I'm now searching for new ways to scrapbook. So the idea that came to mind was to make a recipe book, with pictures and recipes. My initial idea was to buy an ordinary scrapbook album, but I wanted to know if anyone here would have a better idea! I would like to use plastic page protectors, since chances are the book will most probably be in contact with liquid/sticky/oily substances frequently, but other than that I don't have any constraints.

Thanks ahead for your ideas!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
just_lisa
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007 01:40:48 PM »

you could laminate the pages.... Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chattyKathi
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007 02:38:43 PM »

I have no suggestions but I think its a super idea!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

love laugh create!
invisable620
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007 02:43:59 PM »

Recepie scrap books are so much fun!! laminating is a good idea, all my friends have used just regular scrapbooks and they work fine for them they still wipe off if they get oil or anything on them...good luck would love to see results once you're finished
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kangys_Tangies
Crafter Extraordinaire

The Jig is Up!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007 02:13:52 PM »

Wal-Mart has plain small scrapbooks - you can decorate them yourself according to whatever theme you are working on. I can't remember if they come with page protectors or not. You could also use a spiral sketch pad ....the pages are thick and should hold up with embellishments. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wanna craft, craft, craft, til I just can't craft no more...
Give that kids some beads

www.kangs.wordpress .com
lolacat
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007 02:20:52 PM »

the only thing i would recommend to you is using a three-ring binder type of book.  photo scrapooks don't lay flat and you could lose your page while your measuring the sugar.  that could be a pain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Florence77
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007 06:21:36 PM »

I like the three ring binder idea! That way I could add recipes whenever I wanted. But I do have a question, is laminating very expensive? Because I would be doing more than just a few pages...

Thanks everyone for the great ideas  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007 06:22:08 PM by Florence77 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
madlyvantotems
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007 12:29:03 PM »

I just posted a similar question!   Cheesy  A friend of mine used a $1 store photo album and inserted each recipe card....  I was also looking for a more creative way of doing this.  I think it is a great Christmas gift idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
invisable620
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007 08:20:45 AM »

I like the three ring binder idea! That way I could add recipes whenever I wanted. But I do have a question, is laminating very expensive? Because I would be doing more than just a few pages...

Thanks everyone for the great ideas  Smiley

You can get the roll of laminating paper for between 5 and 10 dollars and i believe there's 100 I forget if its feet or yards...Its easy to work with and has grid lines on the paper its stuck to to help measure Smiley Good luck and keep us posted especially if you finish it!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Florence77
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007 10:34:02 AM »

Right now I'm in the process of typing up all the recipes! I have soo many Tongue But I think I might print a few of them out first and then I'll decorate them and laminate. What I wanted to do is make every recipe and take a photo of it, like a polaroid. but that would be so long to do that!

I have a new question! I always figured I'd print the recipes on plain white paper, but maybe I should use something more rigid? and maybe something nicer looking too.if I use thicker paper will it still work in my printer? I have a laser printer I think.

Thanks a lot everyone for your great ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Daniel Yergin Talks About The Prize
The Twilight of Avalon Book Trailer
Kevin Davies Talks About The $1000 Genome
Meet Author Sheila Weller
Max Watman Talks About Chasing the White Dog
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...