A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 301,545
Currently Running With Scissors:
731 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I've caught the amigurumi bug! (Picture heavy)  (Read 2144 times)
Tags for this thread: amigurumi  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Blueice
« on: October 05, 2007 11:52:53 PM »

Here are a few amigurumi I have made recently.

It was Father's Day here in Oz a few weeks ago and I made my husband this little "Super Dad" doll.

I was inspired by Owly's super hero amigurumi (here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=175399.msg1809537#msg1809537), and made up the pattern as I went along.

This little bird was my first amigurumi. Pattern here: http://bittersweetblog.wordpress.com/2007/02/19/birds-of-a-feather/. Mine doesn't look as good as the ones in the pattern, I'm not sure why.

I made this flying pig for my daughter a few years ago, before I'd even heard of amigurumi. The pattern is here: http://www.roxycraft.com/Crochet_Aerial_Pig.htm

I made this hippo for my daughter's birthday last month. Here's the pattern: http://www.bittersweetblog.wordpress.com/2007/03/12/hungry-hungry-hippo/

My son would love a dachshund and this was as close as I could get! I used Planetjunes wonderful pattern: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7036796

Hope you enjoyed looking! They were fun to make.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebluegirl
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007 04:02:11 AM »

These are so cool! My boyfriend says they make him want to learn how to crochet! I love the flying pig the best, and even prefer him without a face.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gnathalie2
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007 05:19:10 AM »

Love it!!!  Amigurumi is so addictive!!!  The 'superdad' cape is so cool!!!
Nathalie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

make today a positive one!
www.gnathalie2.wordpress.com
*Owly*
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007 02:56:53 PM »

Neat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blogging at Owlishly, photos at Flickr, and all my patterns at Owlishly and my Ravelry store
Blueice
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007 08:44:53 PM »

Thank you all for your lovely comments.  I had fun doing them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

owly

...hold your breath and clasp at Cassiopoeia...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007 11:15:32 PM »

They're very cute - I love the piggie particularly!

Does your hippo fall forward? I made one, and he keeps on tipping onto his snout. Wondering if it was just me Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Blueice
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007 02:44:33 AM »

Yes, Owly the hippo is nose heavy that's why he's resting on a crystal.  I need to weigh his tail down or something.  I thought it was just me too!  Thanks for your comment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007 08:20:39 PM »

Oh those are adorable and your bird looks like the one I'm making right now  Cheesy   I just learned how to make amigurumi and it's really not as hard as I first thought it was.  I guess I just needed a couple of friends to show me how to make the cheater's double-ring and then I was good to go!

I LOVE your hippo and dog.  SO cute.  I'm going to try to make these this weekend...sick and all! Woo!

Oh, also... LOVE the flying pig.  I lived in Cincinnati for many years and that was our city's mascot... flying pigs.  Businesses sponsored and/or built their own fiberglass flying pigs of various themes.  It was so creative to see them ... not to mention adorable.  I should make a bunch of flying pigs and use them as ornaments for my Christmas tree  Roll Eyes   I'm so dorky
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007 08:22:16 PM by spurtiic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to do the Ace of Spades Cut - Part 2
How to do the Ace of Spades Cut - Part 1
How to Curl Hair with A Flat Iron
How to change an Old Hairstyle for a New Look
How to get a New Look for Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...