A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,392
Currently Running With Scissors:
913 Guests and 55 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What are Blythe/Pullip Dolls?  (Read 10898 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Unfinished Project #78

wow-that was so spontaneous of you

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2007 04:46:57 PM »

ok, so i was buzzing around craftster and found pictures of Pullip/Blythe dolls and now i totally want one. so:

whats the difference between and Pullip and a Blythe

where can i get them (is ebay good?)
+whats a good price

whats the whole thing with customizing

how big are they

anything else i should know

thanks so much!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007 05:08:15 PM by Unfinished Project #78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

a friend will lend you an umbrella in the rain., but a true friend will take your's a shout RUN B*** RUN!!
Stitched Pockets
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007 08:26:25 PM »

Pullips are about the size of Barbie Dolls (and can even wear Barbie clothes too) and there are three body types. They cost around anywhere from 70$-100$ or more, depending on the doll. A new doll is released every month. A great place to buy one is on http://www.pullipstyle.com/

I have no idea about Blythe dolls though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ConcreteJungler
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007 08:08:23 PM »

Blythe dolls have smaller bodies than Pullips, the size of a vintage Skipper doll.  A Blythe doll's eyes have a mechanism that enables you to change their eye color and the direction they're looking in.  Pullips can only blink and move their eyes from side to side.  They look nothing alike.

From Flickr user Wedgeh
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wedgeh/877230820/

From left to right: Momoko, Momoko, Pullip, DAL Drta, Pullip, Blythe (customized), Blythe

You can buy a Blythe on eBay or on the This is Blythe forum.  They range in price from $70 to over a thousand for certain customs and vintage dolls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezzyloo
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007 03:21:31 PM »

You can also buy Blythe and Pullips second-hand from thisisblythe.com forums. I got a Pullip for $45 there Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StrawberryMarie
♥ Craft Poet ♥

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007 03:26:18 AM »

Hi all,

Please don't laugh (ok, go ahead and laugh, laughter is good for the soul Grin) at a Pullip newbie (as in I've only discovered them recently and don't yet own one), but I've been wondering about a few things....

-Is it true that Pullips can wear Blythe/shoes clothes (I don't own any Blythes either, but there seems to be way more clothing/shoes out there for them)?

-(Along the same lines) Is it true at Pullips can wear Barbie clothing? (Shoes?)

-I've seen some pictures on Flickr of people's Blythes and Pullips that appear to have their own "houses" (or at least rooms), generally, what sorts of houses are these? I mean, are they homemade, Barbie houses, general doll houses, etc?

-What are some of the sources for Pullip sized doll house furniture and furnishing?

-Would a pair of Blythe eyeglasses fit a Pullip, or are the circumferences of their heads quite different from one another?

TIA so much for any replies, I super appreciate them  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007 05:23:11 AM by StrawberryMarie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Crafts make us feel rooted, give us a sense of belonging and connect us with our history." ~ Phyllis George
Stitched Pockets
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007 06:45:46 AM »

-Some fit Pullips, but some are too short for the body. Don't know about shoes.

-Barbie clothes are a definite yes. So are most shoes. So generally, barbie clothes fit Pullips decently.

-Some are made by the owners of the pullips. Which means, they cut the wood and put it together themselves. Here is an example of a custom made dollhouse. I don't know if you could buy a barbie dollhouse for pullips, some doll houses don't even allow barbies to stand up in them.

-Barbie funiture is great for pullips, and if you want it a different color, you can spray paint the furniture.

-I'm not sure, but I think Blythe heads are bigger, so I don't know if they could share glasses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StrawberryMarie
♥ Craft Poet ♥

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007 09:07:28 AM »

Thank you, thank you, thank you Stitched Pockets, you are just so helpful I could hug you!!

Since I posted this question earlier this morning, I've been going through as many Flickr pics as I could find of Blythe and Pullip houses and understand what you mean by that some of them are custom made, just like the one in the awesome pic in the link that you posted.

Hee-hee, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, I don't even own a doll yet and I'm planning a house  Grin Nevertheless, I know that once I do get a doll (or two  Wink), I'm definitely going to want to have someplace for them to "live", beyond their boxes or tucked away someplace. Plus, I have to admit, I'm practically craving the idea now of playing with dolls and doll houses again for the first time since I was little.

Could you tell me more about spray painting items? I actually don't have any experience that I can think of with using spray paint. What type(s) would work best on Barbie furniture?

Again, thank you sooooooo much, your answers are a huge help to me!!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007 09:39:12 AM by StrawberryMarie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Crafts make us feel rooted, give us a sense of belonging and connect us with our history." ~ Phyllis George
Stitched Pockets
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007 04:40:34 PM »

http://www.requiemart.com/pullip/dollhouse.html

This link has probably everything you need to know about making doll houses for Pullips.

I quote:

"You Can Paint Your Furniture If you want matching sets, you don't have to rely on pink Barbie furniture. Krylon spray paint has a brand for plastic patio furniture that works great on doll furniture. For more color variety or detail, use craft acrylic. Sand the furniture first with a 500-800 grit sand paper or sponge, cleanse it with rubbing alcohol afterwards to remove sand particles, and seal it with at least 2 coats of brush on sealant at the end for good measure so the colors don't come off on your dolls."

You can buy these paints at your local crafts store, or off of Amazon.com.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StrawberryMarie
♥ Craft Poet ♥

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007 11:50:52 PM »

Thank you very, very much!! I've been looking for info like that for days now and have been coming up empty handed. You're so immensely helpful, thanks! My future Pullips thank you, too  Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007 11:52:12 PM by StrawberryMarie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarglass
currently trying to change me

Join the dark side; we have cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009 04:34:05 PM »

what are they?
why do they cost so much?
what is the difference between blythe/ pullip?
where can you buy cheap ones?
also, i need help, i am in love with this one http://www.thevalleyofthedolls.com/dollshop.php/Byul/Pollon
so does anyone have a place to buy it cheap? (maybe secondhand)
is there a mini pullip that is the same as the one i love(pollen)?
are mini's cheaper?
all i really want is a pullip/bythe that is cheap, with BIG eyes and straight long haire
and also why do BJDs cost so much?Huh?

hope you can help!  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009 04:42:05 PM by luvelycritter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
i'm not the same anymore, and frankly, i'm beginning to hate myself
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Flare Trend Is Back
White Blazers Are the New Little Black Dress
How to Wear the Flattering Fit-and-Flare Dress in Style
Look Airport Chic Instantly with These Must-Have Travel Pieces
Jessica Biel Dazzles in a Nude Oscar De La Renta Dress
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...