A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,805
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dora the babysitting tote! (or the neverending story of my life...)  (Read 11839 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

barbkang
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007 10:06:12 AM »

Love this!! you did such a wonderful & professional looking job! if only my daughter hadn't grown out of dora... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...if you're happy & you know it, knit all day...
swtater123
Mama Sweettater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007 11:04:23 AM »

That bag is really great!  My daughter saw it and loved it.  I thought my twister rain poncho idea was one of a kind!  I searched all the thrift stores for twister with no luck, and couldn't bring myself to buy a new one and chance ruining it!  I also wasn't sure if it counted as a "board" game.  I might try one day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

djbcrafty

getting all my little duckies in a row..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007 12:19:52 PM »

Thanks!  You all are so nice! Smiley

Like I said:  I thought I was out of the Dora woods!  Guess not!  I'm starting all over again...this project did make it fun even if some of my friends (all with older children) thought I was a tad insane (but then they all quickly realized:  "oh yeah, she'll have two little ones soon!) 

Now if only there was a tellatubbies game out there. My insanity would be cemented! Smiley

I searched for a used twister too...and still am, because I tell you that rain coat will get made one day!  I did find "twister moves" which is a dance version of Twister, but I want something more recognizable! Of course with all these great monopoly ideas I may revise the rain coat! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarebear62
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007 12:57:19 PM »

Now if only there was a tellatubbies game out there. My insanity would be cemented! Smiley
 Smiley

I've got a Telletubbies Play Dough game around here somewhere, that came in a square tin.  When I got it, it was for quite a bit off price-wise, too!  My dd is almost 9, so teletubbies were "hotter" back then (back then? was it so long ago? eeee, she's growing up!)

I've got no use for it, I'd be happy Grin to send it to you instead of throwing it out.  PM me (I'm fairly new to craftster, this does have a pm, right?)

MARVELOUS bag.  Did you use packing tape or clear vinyl or anything on the gameboard facing/peel panel of the bag, so it won't tear, etc? Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
betzi

A Really Useful Engine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007 03:00:50 PM »

ok, as a mom of 2 Dora-obsessed kiddos, i can honestly say that this is brilliant!  my kids would sh!t themselves if their mama made them something so "cool"! 

In my best Dora impersonation:

You did it!  Hooray!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

djbcrafty

getting all my little duckies in a row..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2007 08:36:14 AM »

Thank you! It's funny how the older kids were bummed they couldn't play the game...all of a sudden it's all about Dora with all my kiddies!  The younger ones just think its a fun bag! Smiley

I used what I had on hand for the bag: packing tape to hold the card strap together, and to "glue" the ends of the game together so it would hold it's shape.  The fabric runs under the game, so I figured it was sturdy enough.  The game has a thin coat of laminate on it so I figured I didn't need to add anymore.

If i wasn't preggers I would have considered spraying a thin coat of polyurethane over the whole front of the bag...I've done that in the past with mostly good results.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

childs play
Apple Creek Designs

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2007 10:03:39 AM »

Very nice! My kids would love that. I have another one on the way too and I think a diaper bag like this would be awesome too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

joanieponytail

must make stuff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007 03:48:19 PM »

What a clever idea. And well done.

I bet it is much better at keeping an 18 month old occupied than the game itself would have been.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jesus loves me, this I know.
Sassenach_Mel

Weasley is my King

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007 11:51:35 AM »

I LOVE your bag!! If you don't mind, I'm going to steal the idea for a Christmas present - using an old Chutes & Ladders board.  But I do have to ask - how did you get the game off the board without ripping it?? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for those rubberband bracelets for causes! PM me!
Amelianutting
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010 09:02:14 AM »

I love the project you made. I am looking for a twister game board too for a halloween costume. Goodwill today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Extreme Crochet - Part 5/5
How to Extreme Crochet - Part 4/5
How to Extreme Crochet - Part 3/5
How to Crochet a Butterfly
How to Crochet a Pansy Flower
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...