A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,383
Currently Running With Scissors:
690 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I WILL HONOR CHRISTMAS IN MY HEART, AND KEEP IT ALL THE YEAR" CRAFTALONG UNSWAP  (Read 29041 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2005 07:19:50 PM »

ScrappinFool - if you keep forgetting what row you're on, how about going back and looking at how many "ridges" you have in each color block (should be 7 on each side, if I'm thinking about it right...).  that way it doesn't matter if you forget, you just have to count the number of ridges you have for that color so far, and keep going from there!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tappanga
Stop hatin', start participatin'!

Twinkle twinkle, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2005 08:15:49 AM »

well i've started knitting a scarf for my son. it's my first knitting project so it's taking me forever lol. I bought the stitch and bitch book to learn and it's helping a lot! I cast on 20 and then i'm doing 14 rows of alternating green and black on 10 1/2 needles. I'll post a pic when it's done.. i'm only on my 3rd color block lol. I had to restart a few times! My problem is I keep forgetting what row i'm on!

Don't stress, darling. My first crochet project (an afghan I made my niece last year) I started many times. You'll get the swing of it, then you'll be a knitting fool! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.
Cellissimo
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2005 03:52:03 PM »

I've ripped so many knitting projects because of this same problem. In fact, it isn't a "real" knitting project for me if I don't rip it apart at least twice!  Cheesy

Here's my progress:
A small baby hat in pink with a mock cable knit for my niece
Two scarves
A ribbed hat for my boyfriend (in progress)
A nice stack of washclothes

I'm not a very fast knitter, so I'll be knitting my projects throughout the year. There are some great ideas from Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. And if you don't know already, about.com has a wealth of knitting resources.

Also, Michaels is having a sale on boa yarn (sort of like fun fur but a different brand). Those make great fuzzy, trendy looking scarves!

I'll post pictures when I get a digital camera, hopefully this weekend...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just living is not enough. One must have freedom, sunshine, and a little flower. ~ Hans Christian Anderson.
ScrappinFool
Crafty Goddess

the fruits of a crafty nirvana...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2005 09:54:15 PM »

Thanks for the ideas everyone:)  I'm knitting it pretty fast now (as fast as one can with a 6 month old lol) and I'm getting excited to see the scarf finally taking shape (it looks like a scarf now instead of a small square piece of something lol).  I finally figured out how to count the stitches thanks everyone for that idea!  I've also figured out that the odd numbered rows are on the "right" side and the even are on the "wrong" side, so if i ever question if it's row 6 or 7, I just look at what side is facing me!  My next project will be knitting on round needles.. boy oh boy Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty Goddess
Cellissimo
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2005 09:32:34 AM »

Hey Scrappinfool!

I just have to say I really admire you! I taught myself how to knit over a year ago, and I haven't even attempted knitting alternating rows of colors yet! And that's your first project! I just got over my "fear" of circular needles just this month. It's actually not that hard; you just have to make sure that the first several rows don't get twisted around each other...

Good luck!
Kath
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just living is not enough. One must have freedom, sunshine, and a little flower. ~ Hans Christian Anderson.
vanillaxlight
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2005 10:53:00 AM »

mmm I think I want to join! I don't have to ship anything, so I think I'll be successful with this... eh.

miranda@netxten.com Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm no longer a moderator, but I will always love June 2005 - October 2008

http://robotsinagrid.com
jayamaree
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2005 11:55:11 AM »

i finished the vegan fox stole for my mom (x-mas gift) at the blog:

http://www.getcrafty.com/blogs.php?user=bridgetroll
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tappanga
Stop hatin', start participatin'!

Twinkle twinkle, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2005 12:40:26 PM »

i finished the vegan fox stole for my mom (x-mas gift) at the blog:

http://www.getcrafty.com/blogs.php?user=bridgetroll

CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

(BTW I love your bed. Looks uber comfy!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.
ScrappinFool
Crafty Goddess

the fruits of a crafty nirvana...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2005 01:40:46 PM »

Hey Scrappinfool!

I just have to say I really admire you! I taught myself how to knit over a year ago, and I haven't even attempted knitting alternating rows of colors yet! And that's your first project! I just got over my "fear" of circular needles just this month. It's actually not that hard; you just have to make sure that the first several rows don't get twisted around each other...

Good luck!
Kath

thanks Kath!  I've finally finished it on Saturday!  Now I'm working on the kitschy (sp?) kerchief in the SNB book.  increasing stitches was a bit confusing at first, but i think i've got the hang of it.. i hope... lol!    I am the kind of person who gets an idea in her head and wants to do it ALL NOW lol.   Here's the scarf pic on my server.  This pic was taken before the fringe and hiding the loose ends...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005 02:16:19 PM by ScrappinFool » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty Goddess
Misa
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2005 10:16:33 PM »

I'm making a scarf with ribbon yarn. It is turning out a lot prettier than I thought it would.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Misa
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Stitch Letters Onto Fabric
How to Make Decorative Roses Out of Ribbon
How to Make a Patriotic Tote Bags
How to Make Scarves Without Stitching
How to Make Glove Puppets for Kids
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...