A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 305,030
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Market bag (with sorda a pattern)  (Read 1264 times)
Tags for this thread: purse , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

multicrafty
« on: October 04, 2007 10:15:20 AM »

I was really inspired by the pattern over on the Sugar n Cream (ok, so the SugarNCream website is being a poo for me right now so I can't give the link for the bag I'm talking about) website but being that I lost the free pattern leaflet I got from my LYS and I don't have a printer to print the pattern out and didn't feel like sitting at my computer to read the pattern, I decided to come up with my own pattern.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/KylaLaniMom/ToMarketWeGoCrochetedPurse.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kindof a pattern.  If you have ANY questions, please ask!

Ok, so I used 2.5 balls of Lion Brand Cotton Ease #194 Lime (LOVE IT!) and 0.75 ball of Sugar N Cream Cotton in Ecru (the new larger size that they have, I think it's now 3.75 oz.?) Size H Crochet Hook.

To start out, ch 6, sl st to first ch.  Ch3, 12 dc into the ring.
next round: ch3, 2 dc in each stitch (24 sts)
keep increasing until you are dc in the next 9 sts and 2 dc in the next st.  Work 2 rounds even, then work *8 dc, dc2tog* around, work one row even, then work *7dc, dc2tog*around and work then work the next 3-4 rows even.

Mesh stitch (this part is worked in a spiral because I didn't want a seam on this part, plus it made it easier to work the mesh stitch)
(join with the SNC Ecru)  *ch5, sk 3sts, sc in next st* (when you get back to the beginning you will then sc in the next stitch) next round *ch5, sc in the previous ch5 sp* around.  Keep working this for about 20-25 rows (depending on how deep you want your bag).  After you finished that then switch back to the lime, ch3 and work 4 dc per ch5 sp (because the width of a dc is a little wider than a ch st you would actually be increasing, just a bit, if you put 5dc per ch5 space)  Work a few (4-5) rows of dc (ch3 at the beginning and sl st to the top of the ch3 sp when you get back around)

Once you've completed your last row, ch3 and work the next 12 stitches (I did dc for my handles but you can use any stitch you want at this point).  Work back and forth over these 12 stitches until your handle is the length you want it.  Once you've gotten your handle to the length you want it, sl st to the other side.  I then worked one more round of sc around the whole top of the purse, when I got to the other side of my handle I did bcsc (back post single crochet) around those 12 sts and continued working the other side of the bag.  Once you get back to your handle finish off, weave in ends.

Like I said, if you have ANY questions, please ask!  I am going based off of the top of my head for what I did for this pattern because I didn't write it down.  Enjoy and thanks for looking!  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012 06:09:40 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working image(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007 10:16:06 AM »

I like the color! Thanks for the pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
claudiaginger13
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007 02:48:10 PM »

nice bag, I gotta friend who is CRAZY for lime green, think I will make her a bag to match her green hair....thanx for the pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
multicrafty
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007 05:31:46 PM »

Thank you WIP and claudiaginger13.  I LOVED the color as soon as I seen it.  I still have about 1/2 a skein left so I'm trying to think of some sort of project to do with it to use it up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Makes a Great Photograph
Samsung NX100 Hands-on Video at Photokina 2010
Canon Multipurpose 4k Camera Concept
Nick Woodman Talks About the GoPro Cameras
Canon 7D Hands-on
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...