A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 301,489
Currently Running With Scissors:
555 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: crocheted rag rug  (Read 15981 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mojomuppet
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2008 02:02:57 AM »

i joined this site because i was looking at making some rugs for my house and when i googled this came up. i wanted to tell you i went to the salvation army this weekend to look for sheets and WOW!  at first i figured i would just buy some that where pretty and put them together willy nilly. it seems no one buys sheets from this place and there where tons to choose from. i bought all variations of pink. solids, stripes, and flowers. i drug my pile up ( really only about 7 sheets i guess) and woo hoo all half off. i paid less than 4 dollars! I'm so excited. also i have many many of these stores in my area so i just might be able to pull this off many times. i was pulling out so much stuff that everyone in the store then had to come over and see if i was into some huge deal that no one else knew about ( you know what I'm on about) of course they don't ask you what you are doing. I'm sure they thought i was quite mad with my 300 pound biker man and my pink sheets!rifleman

here is my questions. this is my first rug and i understand how to cut the fabric in one strip....but what if i alternated the fabrics by sewing each strip together one at a time so the variation would always be the same. do you think i would get discouraged? i am also learning to crochet with this project.  i was thinking what if it's not big enough and i had to go out and search for more? would i then be upset that it did not match or would it matter if i just started piecing the next sheets together? or perhaps i should just not care, throw caution to the wind and worry about being anal on the next rug and just worry about not hanging myself with the long strips Tongue
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008 02:16:23 AM by mojomuppet - Reason: really bad spelling » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i have to make things for my house as all my money goes to feed two cats, a dog, a hedgehog, a tarantula, two frogs, a snake and two humans
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Quickie: How to Make Your Mani Last
Beauty Quickie: The Quickest, Easiest Reverse French Manicure
Learn How Get a Denim Look on Your Nails
Get The Most Out Of Your Skin Care Routine
How to Wear Grown-Up Glitter Eye Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...