A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News Announcement: Crafting your Halloween costume this year?  Enter it for a chance to win prizes!  Read the spooktacular details here.
Total Members: 308,401
Currently Running With Scissors:
303 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cable Luxe Tunic KAL?  (Read 50763 times)
Tags for this thread: sweater  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #270 on: January 25, 2008 07:17:51 PM »

Also, the increases in between cables could have been a little clearer. I wish they'd bothered to give you a specific type of increase.   

I wish they would have just said which row #s to do the increases on instead of the way it was written.  And I wish that they didn't refer to it as "waist shaping" when it's really just creating an A-line shape that has little if anything to do with the waist.

I also realized halfway through the back that the center cable is upside-down, but there's no way I'm frogging all that work.

A fundamentally amoral use of faux fur.

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 26, 2008 05:23:41 AM »

Today is the big frog day.  I will be ripping out 3 days worth of work on the back and starting over again from the pick-up along the yoke.  This would be a really dark and depressing day for me if it weren't for this KAL!   Thanks for all the corrections & shared woes!  I'll post updated pics as soon as I get another section finished. 
« Reply #272 on: February 07, 2008 12:29:33 PM »

Here's yet another knockoff for our pattern list. This one is only $1.49, downloadable.

I wonder if it is better written. My version is hibernating because I'm not sure I like the garter stitch yoke and am thinking of ripping it and replacing it with ribbing. Plus, I saw a great cardiganized version on Ravelry and am thinking of taking out my graft and going that route. But my grafting turned out so nice this time (surprisingly), I don't think I can make myself do that, LOL.

Would like to be a wicked betta knitta!

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 07, 2008 01:27:53 PM »

Wow, $1.49 and so close to the LB one. I'm finally starting the main body of the sweater, but the pattern is really poorly written. I think I may invest another $1.49 to see if this is easier, though I'll probably still do the LB center cable because I like the look. Thanks for pointing this one out.

Go Red Sox!

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 10, 2008 08:45:06 AM »

Well, I finished this sweater & I gotta be honest....I just hate it.  I wish I hadn't done the increases in the body - it is enormous!  My DH even said that he thought it looked like a maternity top.  If I was 8 months pregnant with triplets I am quite sure I'd still fit in this sweater.   

I would absolutely NOT recommend investing the time/money to make this sweater.  The pattern is a disaster & the fit is just terrible.  If you are a member of Raverly - go look at photos of it on people there & you will see for yourself that its a very unflattering shape on everyone.   Sad
« Reply #275 on: February 11, 2008 03:34:54 AM »

Which version did you use?

"That which is creative must create itself -" Keats

A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: February 11, 2008 01:00:25 PM »

Classic Elite is now offering a knock-off with yarn purchase...but I'm not so sure why they chose to double the cable....

How do I know about reality? I just play with sticks and string.

do you have jello?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #277 on: February 11, 2008 02:32:51 PM »

me no likey double cable....

but it's always interesting to see other knockoffs!

**PM me if you have a copy of Patons Street Smart for sale or swap**
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________')
blog: www.peonyknits.blogspot.com
shop: www.julsey723.etsy.com

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 16, 2008 07:26:50 AM »

Which version did you use?

I used the Lion Brand pattern.  Uck.  Its such a shame too because my knitting was some of the best I've ever done - but the shape of this sweater is just completely unflattering.  I had my reservations about it when I saw how BAD everyone looked in it on Raverly - but I went ahead & made it anyway.  Dang! My first clue should have been when LB pictured the sweater on a hanger instead of on a model.  I can't imagine a body type that would look good in this.  I'm not allowing it to reside with my other sweaters in the closet...its on its own until I work up the nerve to donate it.   
« Reply #279 on: February 17, 2008 03:47:11 PM »

I don't think mine looks horrible on  Sad    I wear it quite a bit.

what you feel is what you are and what you are is beautiful....

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Vanilla Extract

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...