A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
655 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cable Luxe Tunic KAL?  (Read 39710 times)
Tags for this thread: sweater  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

koshare
« Reply #210 on: November 12, 2007 04:37:31 PM »

It looks GREAT!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knit_north
« Reply #211 on: November 15, 2007 11:32:44 AM »

love the violet!
here is another view of the phildar pattern

and link to pattern (on the 3rd page - doesn't seem to let you link directly) http://www.phildar.com/boutique/modele.aspx?utm_source=mail&utm_medium=INwinter1007
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007 11:36:18 AM by knit_north » THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitknitter
« Reply #212 on: November 15, 2007 11:59:19 AM »

I didn't end up making any changes, although I do wish my cables on the front and back were going opposite ways... I didn't realize their mistake in the pattern until I had almost the whole front done and was too lazy to frog it and start over.
Why? Are their rules about cables mirroring each other on a sweater?  Please advise as I am thinking about designing a cardigan with one large cable on the left and a large cable on the right.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
puppymomma

matches? we don't need no stinkin' matches

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: November 15, 2007 01:41:37 PM »

Well, I HAD bought the Lion Brand pattern to do, but I may have to alter the neck to be more like the Phildar one...I like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every day may not be a good day to die, but every day is a good day to eat pancakes.

http://funkyjewtopia.com
Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #214 on: November 15, 2007 02:33:17 PM »

I didn't end up making any changes, although I do wish my cables on the front and back were going opposite ways... I didn't realize their mistake in the pattern until I had almost the whole front done and was too lazy to frog it and start over.
Why? Are their rules about cables mirroring each other on a sweater?  Please advise as I am thinking about designing a cardigan with one large cable on the left and a large cable on the right.

there aren't any rules, per se, but for the most part, people like symmetry.... left mirrors right, front mirrors back.  it's just the way people are........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
knitknitter
« Reply #215 on: November 15, 2007 10:29:42 PM »

there aren't any rules, per se, but for the most part, people like symmetry.... left mirrors right, front mirrors back.  it's just the way people are........
Thanks for this. So which side should have a right slanting cable and which side should have a left slanting cable and what about the back?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #216 on: November 16, 2007 03:02:45 AM »

it isn't a matter of should, at that point - then it's up to preference - so picture the center line up the front - if the left turns in towards the center, so should the right

generally, the back will look just like the front, which means the side seams (or where they would be) are the lines of symmetry

Thanks for this. So which side should have a right slanting cable and which side should have a left slanting cable and what about the back?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
koshare
« Reply #217 on: November 16, 2007 05:19:27 AM »

It doesn't matter.  Whichever you prefer, there are no rules.  In fact many people don't care if it's symmetrical or not.  The Phildar pattern isn't symetrical at all.

I feel like I am in a knitting black hole.  I measured the body earlier this week and it was almost 12 inches.  I knit all week, used an entire ball of yarn and now it measures just slightly over 12 inches.  I think I may put all 300+ stitches on hold and work on a sleeve for awhile. It would be nice to see some progress.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007 05:21:48 AM by koshare » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rougeau26
« Reply #218 on: November 16, 2007 10:36:11 AM »

It really doesn't matter which way the cables go.  I just like how the looked in the pic on the Lion Brand pattern, all going in towards to center braid, and was a little surprised when mine wasn't coming out looking like that.  I'm still happy with my result, I don't think that all the cables going to same way ruins it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what you feel is what you are and what you are is beautiful....

www.knittingnellie.blogspot.com
knitknitter
« Reply #219 on: November 17, 2007 04:10:12 AM »

I think that this would look quite nice and I can be a bit compulsive about my knitting, so I know that if this did not happen it would bother question. Question for all of you, if I were to work a sweater with one cable on each side, does this mean a right leaning cable on the right and a left-leaning cable on the left or vice versa.
it isn't a matter of should, at that point - then it's up to preference - so picture the center line up the front - if the left turns in towards the center, so should the right

generally, the back will look just like the front, which means the side seams (or where they would be) are the lines of symmetry

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The New Yorker Gets Refreshed
Geoff Dyer Talks with Rebecca Mead
The Dark Side of Modern Fiction
Alternative Realities in Fiction
A Visit with Joyce Carol Oates
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...