A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,585
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cable Luxe Tunic KAL?  (Read 39385 times)
Tags for this thread: sweater  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Autumnleaf
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2007 08:38:54 PM »

I found a nice acrylic yarn... it seems to be quite similar to the wool-ease thing.

I've tried wool-ease, and I can't use it because of the wool. It's so irritating on my skin that I can't wear it.

I think this yarn should be fine... if not, w/e, it was pretty cheap and I should be able to return all of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2007 08:51:55 PM »

wool-ease is actually mostly acrylic, so I think you'll be fine. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

azmiat
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2007 10:09:27 AM »

wow rougeau - that is an absolute stunner! just got my yarn today, its ggh cumba which is a light worsted yarn so shouldn't get too heavy. I'm going to cast on tonight despite having a project deadline..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crocodisle
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2007 06:10:23 PM »

rogeau, it looks great!! love the colour.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007 06:11:17 PM by crocodisle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed
Then we should feed our jewelry to the sea
For diamonds do appear to be
Just like broken glass to me.

The northern downpour sends its love.
knit1bake2
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2007 09:12:25 AM »

oh wow, came across this randomly today, what a lovely jumper! I'm a bit scared of getting started on the Lion Brand pattern going by what everyone's saying, but it'll be an adventure for sure  Wink

Just been to their website but I'm not having much luck downloading. Has anyone else got any tips??? It will only let me proceed with the order if I have a US postal address even tho I just want to download. Argh! Stumbled at the first hurdle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Khakigirl
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2007 10:47:10 AM »

knit1bake2, I haven't been able to download it either--though they will apparently mail it to me for a $10 fee.  (So $$ because I live in Canada)  Yikes.

I contacted their customer service, and they said to make sure I'm ordering the pdf version--it has a "D" at the end of the pattern number, and just order it however I could, and they'd refund the shipping charges if I ended up paying them.  I'm still not exactly convinced to buy on this website.

You should contact them too and see what they say--and let me know when you find out!  There's no reason to have your address if you just want a download...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2007 12:22:40 PM »

Wow... I've never actually knit a sweater of this scale before, but I think that I'm going to try it out!

Do you think that acrylic would work as well? I can't use wool; it's too expensive and I'm ultra-allergic to it...

There's a couple people on Ravelry doing it with Simply Soft - so am I - bought 6 skeins of it this past weekend.

Maybe we can support each other through our first major sweater project?  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
Glaistig
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2007 05:41:51 PM »

knit1bake2, I haven't been able to download it either--though they will apparently mail it to me for a $10 fee.  (So $$ because I live in Canada)  Yikes.

I contacted their customer service, and they said to make sure I'm ordering the pdf version--it has a "D" at the end of the pattern number, and just order it however I could, and they'd refund the shipping charges if I ended up paying them.  I'm still not exactly convinced to buy on this website.

You should contact them too and see what they say--and let me know when you find out!  There's no reason to have your address if you just want a download...

Here's the link to the downloadable pattern (60618AD):
http://pages.e-yarn.com/6030/PictPage/1922241718.html

Here's the link to the mailed pattern (60618A):
http://pages.e-yarn.com/6030/PictPage/1922241641.html

You know, I can't remember precisely but I think the downloadable pattern still asks for your address even though you download it. I purchased the downloadable pattern a little while ago.  It was confusing for me too but I received it just fine online.   Hope this helps!!

I am going to finish Miss Twiss's version (she has the final pieces posted -- Yay!) But I will also give the LB pattern a twirl too. It's lovely.

EDITED: Yep, I just checked my old email inbox. Right after I ordered on 9/16, I received an order confirmation from LB that has my shipping address.  It even says "Standard Shipping." But I did NOT get it by paper mail though so no worries. It's probably just a default setup. . . .  Use the 60618AD link  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007 05:53:54 PM by Glaistig » THIS ROCKS   Logged

knit1bake2
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2007 01:09:08 AM »

Thanks for all your replies everyone!

Seems like LB haven't updated their ordering process to deal with downloads properly. I guessed that the one ending in 'D' was the download one but it still requires a US/Canada 'shipping address' to proceed with the order. It's so frustrating because I live in Scotland!!

I'll drop them an email today to see if there's any way of getting hold of it. I HAVE to knit this project Smiley Still, the hold up will give me a chance to clear a few WIPs first maybe...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
btrsweet07
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2007 01:53:57 AM »

I'm thinking of doing this one but am planning on modifying the LB version a bit with ribbing a the top, and then not so many cable repeats at the bottom, so that it's not so "tight" looking.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Your Legs Look Hot
How to Relieve Sweat in Embarrassing Places
How to Fix Broken Makeup
How to Turn Broken Blush Into Cream Blush
Sophy Robson’s Nail Art Tutorial on Galaxy Nails
Latest Blog Articles
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...