A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cable Luxe Tunic KAL?  (Read 39716 times)
Tags for this thread: sweater  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2007 06:26:38 PM »

Yes there is an error in row 11, I have written to Lion Brand but say that there is nothing wrong.

BUT THERE IS, it should be 1 LC and 1 RC instead, I have to do the yoke all over again, didn't compare to the picture before it was too late.

Tina from Denmark
http://www.maskerneflyver.blogspot.com/
Friggin' Lion Brand.  I tried to knit a pattern of theirs once. It was riddles with errors, and they told me the same thing -- that it was obviously my inferior knitting and pattern reading skills.  Well, not in those words, quite.  It was totally the pattern.  Ugh.  I'm not sure I want to try this one, given the review.  Sounds like a make it up as you go thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2007 06:29:34 PM »

Since, at the speed I knit, I'm not likely to finish it until most of winter is over, I think I'll make it in cotton (not to mention that this would make it much more affordable)! I've already done a couple of test pieces to check whether the size would be affected and to see how the cables look using a spare ball of Sirdar Pure Cotton and calculated that I'll probably need just under 13 balls to get the same yardage as the 12 balls of the suggested yarn, so I'll probably buy 14 to be on the safe side.

it will be super heavy, especially with the cables.  You might want to think about something lighter...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starshine_shroom
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2007 11:06:08 PM »

wow i love this sweater.. been watching this form since it started and I don't think i'll be knitting it.. or at least definitly not the lion brand version.. so mostly everyone knitting the lionbrand ?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Peace, Love & Harmony,

Aesderina

I got Raverly!!! name is aesderina!

Check out my blog: http://illuminatingsoul.blogspot.com
wickedgoodknitta
Would like to be a wicked betta knitta!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2007 06:18:18 AM »

I'd love to try when I complete a few WIPs. A little nervous as I'm an intermediate knitter, and I don't know if I could recognize/adjust a pattern mistake without too much frustration.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Go Red Sox!
MAGENTABABY
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2007 08:39:05 AM »

wow i love this sweater.. been watching this form since it started and I don't think i'll be knitting it.. or at least definitly not the lion brand version.. so mostly everyone knitting the lionbrand ?

Again, I much prefer the version on Rebecca 34 magazine:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
giedre11
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2007 05:10:28 PM »

Ok, I've got the pattern and the yarn, but now I'm getting nervous about using the Lion brand pattern. I've googled for the Rebecca #34 magazine, but one place wanted $8.00 just for shipping! I find that kinda hard to swallow. Anyplace online that doesn't charge that much for the shipping??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
janilee5
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2007 07:44:31 PM »

Ok, I've got the pattern and the yarn, but now I'm getting nervous about using the Lion brand pattern. I've googled for the Rebecca #34 magazine, but one place wanted $8.00 just for shipping! I find that kinda hard to swallow. Anyplace online that doesn't charge that much for the shipping??

No worries about using the Lion Brand pattern, that's what we are here for!! This is my first KAL and it's cool that we can all tell each other whats wrong with the pattern. I look at it like an adventure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
koshare
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2007 08:29:50 PM »

Okay, so I saw the sweater..gasped.. and bought the pattern. The pattern is weirdly written and it can be knit seamlessly. A heads up though, I just started the yoke and it worries me. For row 11, it calls for two L/C's. This creates a weird looking cable, to fix it you need to do a R/C and then an L/C. This should fix. What concerns me more is that in the "stitch explanation" section there is no explanation for an R/C. I wonder what other oddities we will find in the pattern.

Actually two L/C is correct.....  I've done several repeats and it looks just like the picture.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
azmiat
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2007 01:46:56 AM »

can anyone who's started working on this post some photos? would be great to see how people are getting on
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinybits
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2007 05:51:41 AM »

this is gorgeous! i would really love to try my luck on this but i have no intention to buy the pattern. so i assume you first knit the cable band and pick on both ends to form the yoke and rest of the sweater, right?

the main problem is the yarn.. what would you suggest (not a brand.. yarn blend mostly as i dont have any access to u.s barnds)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Eye Contact During Auditions Affects Performance
How Props Can Enhance Auditions
How Memorizing Lines Affects Your Audition
The Importance of Creating a Personal Acting Website
How to Social Network as an Actor
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...