A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
507 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pigs now fly *with tutorial*  (Read 47883 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2004 06:59:10 AM »

I think I figured it out
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
homegirleh

this is not a llamatization!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2004 08:10:52 AM »

awwwww! This is SO cute! Unfortunately, I can't crochet...but I can knit...could this pattern be adapted to knitting? I want to make it SOO bad!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ewushka

Remember: Artistic is close to autistic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2004 08:16:52 AM »

Cuuuuute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jespersson
recyclednew
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2004 08:24:32 AM »

that is so cute! I wish I could crochet so I could make one for my sister who loves pigs!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

art is a drug in which i cannot live without!
katebug48
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2004 06:03:35 PM »

I'm in love!  Grin I collect piggies, and now I must make this.  It is soooooo cute. Thanks so much for sharing!

Katy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessdell
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2005 12:41:35 PM »

i just recently learned to knit...and i still suck at it...every attempt comes out lookin like dog crap...hah....so the crocheting thing is just too much for me as of now..but i think it;s absolutely wonderful! my friend and i were at school soccer conditioning a couple days ago (i'm in hs) and afterwards we were crossing a ditch over a bunch of gravel rocks and she asked if she could have a piggy back ride...i was exhausted (and not to mention already had quite a bit smaller frame then her, though normally i can carry her no problem) and meant to reply by saying "can pigs fly?" as in no, not a chance....however instead i said "can you fly like a pig?".....she got a kick out of it....wish i could make this for her...sadly i can't.... Undecided that was probably a confusing story but im laughin thinking about it....great great great job!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jul
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2005 07:50:10 PM »

So adorable  Smiley
My father has a thing with flying pigs, so he'd get a kick out of them.  I'll have to make one for him
THIS ROCKS   Logged
paigeywithwings
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2005 01:46:41 AM »

This is soooo adorable.  I wish I had the patience to complete something like that.  Sad  Great work though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop!
helenpaige.etsy.com
hamrsark
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2005 08:02:07 AM »

Why doesn't my nose ever turn out looking like the one you have originally pictured?  I had to alter the pattern at rows 3 & 4 to even get it close.  Am I doing something seriously wrong?  My camera broke(thanks to my two Siamese!) or I'd post a picture.

I did my wings in sparkly yarn too!  It's SOOOO cute like that!  I've used the wing pattern for TONS of stuff!  Like a little cupid bear for valentines!  (Boy, I miss my camera!)

As for the postee that said he/she didn't like sewing things on after...neither do I!  I did the ears like you did and did the tail on the back before finishing off.  Did you ever figure out how to do the feet?  I'm stumped (unless I do them flat but that is just NOT the same)!  Maybe some things just can't be done in a shortcut.

I also got pissy about working so small (I seem to have ZERO patience for tiny work) so I made a big ol' stuffed toy out of him!  I doubled the yarn and used a J hook!  I LOVE pink so I always have TONS of it on hand!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
myloveasdeep
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2005 09:24:48 AM »

I don't know why the nose seems to not work for people...I guess it's just variations in yarns, hooks, technique...but that happens with every homemade pattern...my only suggestion would be adding  more rows to the nose before decreasing, then doing a sharper decrease to start the body. I'm sorry you all have trouble with it. I did my best writing it down but I've only been crocheting for 8 months, so I count as a clueless newbie. =) I added a new row to the pattern up there to try and help.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005 09:29:33 AM by myloveasdeep » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/myloveasdeep/

Her dirty paws and furry coat,
She ran down the forest slope.
The forest of talking trees,
They used to sing about the birds and the bees.
The bees had declared a war,
The sky wasn't big enough for them all.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...