A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,040
Currently Running With Scissors:
579 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafting Woes  (Read 404 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ShelbyAD
« on: December 16, 2004 05:46:52 AM »

I need to vent a little about my crafting.  I participated in several craft shows, brought my stuff to work, and showed it to friends and family members, but NO ONE buys my stuff.  (some of my stuff is posted in the "Crafts for Sale" area)  They think it's nice, but they will only buy it if I sell it for $1-$3  Shocked  Give me a break.  Those are some pretty cheap people (IMO).  I've been going through this for a year now.  Quite frankly I am tired of wasting my time, money, and energy on doing them.  Now I have a house full of crafts and no where to put them and no one to give them to.  I even hosted a craft show and NOT ONE SINGLE "customer" showed up!!  I am NOT kidding. 

So I GIVE UP!!! 

Any advise?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
momo

turn on the bright lights

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004 06:41:16 AM »

man, I really don't mean to be obnoxious here, I am only sharing my opinion with you.
This is they way I look at things, I've been crafting for long time, and I have heard the "you should sell your stuff" on and on and on, but I craft for the pleasure that I get from it, not to make some money, there is so many talented ppl out there that I don't think just anybody can compit unless their stuff is really really good or really really cheap... Sometimes is just better to craft for yourself, and after a year or trying to make it you should've already figured that out..

pardon my bad english, this is not my first language.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

one, two, three, and: cha-cha-cha!
ShelbyAD
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004 06:58:42 AM »

I will probably still make some small stuff.  I THINK and HOPE I am getting a sewing machine for Christmas!!!!  I don't think I will make "big" stuff unless asked for or for someone's birthday or such.  I will go to craft shows to look around, but not participate in them.  I originally started making crafts for fun, then I was told I should/could sell them.  Those are the same people who only want to pay $2 for something that probably cost $10 to make Undecided

I am keeping my plastic canvas stuff.  I like making that and it gives me something to do and it can be done while watching tv.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Teleport Effect - Final Cut Pro
How to Remove Blemishes - Motion 3
How to Use 2 Keys to Key Footage - Shake 4
How to Understand Stroke Dynamics - Motion 3
How to Use Motion and Shake - Motion 3
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...