A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,330
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rose, by carol alexander tutorial  (Read 4516 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jordyca
« on: October 03, 2007 01:23:25 PM »

heeeeelpppp pleaseeee!!! or if anyone knows an easiest way to make a rose like this..

hello, i need help, i bought a magazine with all this tutorials, for curling ribbon crocheted flowers, but i don't understand the instructions.
the round 2 says:
working around top half of post of each edc on rnd 1, ch1, (sc, ch 1, 5 tr, ch1) around post of each edc around, join with sl st in beg sc. (outer petals)

rnd 3: working around bottom half of post of each edc on rnd 1 (sc, 3 dc, sc) aroound post of each edc around, join with sl st in bed sc. fasten off. (inner petals)

here is the pic (large size) with the image of the flower and the instructions.
i speak english biut no that well, so this makes it difficult for me tu understand this instrucctions. i don't get what working around top half post of each edc, plus why is this in a parenthesis {ch 1 (sc, ch 1, 5 tr, ch1).}
and how can i work from the top to the bottom of the ring..

heeeeelpppp pleaseeee!!! or if anyone knows an easiest way to make a rose like this..

ETA: Answer found in third post: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=199807.msg2122783#msg2122783
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012 06:10:22 AM by fantasticmio - Reason: edited picture and included link to tutorial down thread » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://guaya.wordpress.com/
graphic designer at day, bartender on the weekends, and a crazy craftster by night.
SomethingSweet
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007 01:56:25 PM »

So in rnd 1 you made 8 "edc" stitches in a circle. 

For rnd 2, the instructions just say to make a petal in each of these 8 stitches you made in rnd 1. 

So the part in parentheses (1 sc, ch 1, 5 tr, ch1) is 1 petal, and you make 8 of those - 1 in each stitch of rnd 1 - because there are 8 petals in the outer circle.

For the top and bottom issue, looking at the picture, you just want to make the outer petals in the furthest out part of the rnd 1 stitches, and the inner petals (rnd 3) by hooking into the rnd 1 stitches more in the middle area, because you can see that the rnd 3 petals are closer in to the middle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gnathalie2
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007 02:33:05 PM »

I figured it out!!!  Just give me a minute to upload the photos!!
Ok, here is what the first round looks like:

For the second round, you do the (sc,ch1,5tr,ch1,sc) in the ch-2 spaces on the top:

For the third round it's a bit tricky cause you have to do the (sc,3dc,sc) on the tall posts 'between' the previous petals:

When you've done the first (sc,3dc,sc) thing on the first post, you want to put the first sc for the next one at the top of the next post:

It's kinda hard to see from the picture, but your flower gets super scrunched up while your making it.  When you're done with all the petals, this is what it looks like before you fasten off:

I hope this helps!!  I saw your post and just grabbed a G hook and ww yarn!  The first time i tried it, i did the inside petals in like a 'zigzag' direction, but it so didn't turn out right!!  I am left handed, so if you're not just pretend the hook is going in the other direction!!
Nathalie
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007 02:48:04 PM by gnathalie2 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

make today a positive one!
www.gnathalie2.wordpress.com
gnathalie2
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007 02:51:51 PM »

My computer is being weird, so here is the finished one in case it didn't show up in my previous post:

Nathalie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jordyca
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007 03:38:03 PM »

thank you!!!! i'll try it as soon as i get home, I'm at the office right now.. i've been trying to do this for days.. but only got to the 2 rnd.. after that i didn't understand how to go from the top to the bottom.. thank you  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://guaya.wordpress.com/
graphic designer at day, bartender on the weekends, and a crazy craftster by night.
lrstone
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007 09:23:23 PM »

I believe the instructions are to crochet the petals on the post.  If you think of the first round like a wheel, you crochet the petals on the spokes of the wheel- see below:

The rose petals will stand up this way (versus lying flat).  You arrange them to overlap.

The ch2  on the outer edge of the "wheel" are used to attach the leaves.

Leslie
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007 09:31:23 PM by lrstone » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007 09:49:21 PM »

man, i suck at reading patterns. even with your pictures i still can't pull this off. my flower looks...interesting.
i need a granny to sit beside me and give me lessons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
lrstone
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007 10:20:40 PM »

I tried to outline the "spokes" with dotted lines.  I'm right handed, I hope this makes sense.

Once you have all the outer petals done, use the post or spoke of the next petal to create the smaller inner petals.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
gnathalie2
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007 05:14:45 AM »

WOW!!  I learn something new everyday!!!  I just tried 'your' way, and it works great!!  The petals do stand up more!  I love that the same flower can be made different ways and have such great results!!!  AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Nathalie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanzie
I've got love for the chat hoes...anyone else need not apply!

"Ich warte auf dich-am Ende der nacht"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007 07:22:46 PM »

this is so pretty i am going to have to try it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a burning image in her mind and between her thighs...

I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND TAKE YOUR CRAFT SUPPLIES!DON'T #$%@ WITH ME!

half moon shawl crochetalong...
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=235034.0

stalk me....
http://www.wists.com/Tanzie
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Climbing Up the Comedian Ladder
College Circuit Comedian Tips
How to Craft Your Onstage Persona as a Comedian
How to Use Storytelling to Promote a City and Its Scenes
Banksy Art and Its Lessons on Leadership
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...