A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,093
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Weekend Swap 3: Autumn Weekend signups Friday, October 5th, noon to midnight  (Read 4278 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Astica
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2007 12:49:55 PM »

I know that in the last swap I was in I was told that DCs & tracking numbers are basically the same - so I need to get a tracking number - -;

But if there's something I don't know, please enlighten me!! XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2007 12:58:47 PM »

Sorry I don't know about canada, but I know that here.. (in Eurasia, or more specifically Sweden) if I mail something abroad it's like $12 if I send it as a letter, and $35 if I send it with tracking >_> But I don't really know where the limit is of "pay a little extra for the benefit" to "ffs that's absurdly pricy", in other cases than my own...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2007 02:24:52 PM »

The only way (in Canada) to get a tracking number on an envelope is to send it Registered Mail.  In past swaps I've done, I was told that if you were mailing an envelope inside your own country, you could just keep the receipt as proof of mailing (and some organizers wanted a picture of it), so that's what I have always done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Astica
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2007 05:58:29 PM »

Thank-you!
I always keep the reciepts, so that shouldn't be a problem.
It's a lot better for me to learn now than 10 swaps down the road! XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2007 10:43:42 AM »

The only way (in Canada) to get a tracking number on an envelope is to send it Registered Mail.  In past swaps I've done, I was told that if you were mailing an envelope inside your own country, you could just keep the receipt as proof of mailing (and some organizers wanted a picture of it), so that's what I have always done.

don't you mean outside?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Homerof2

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2007 11:12:32 AM »

don't you mean outside?

No, I meant inside.  The 'rules' say that if you are mailing within your own country you are supposed to use DC #'s, which I understand are fairly easy to get in the US.  However, here in Canada, it's hard to get one for an envelope (but easy on a parcel.)  So, when I'm mailing an envelope and can't get a DC #, I hold on to my receipt as proof of sending.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2007 11:16:36 AM »

Oh, fair enough. It seemed an odd distinction to make, since it won't exactly get cheaper if you mail abroad(?), but then again I'm dizzy from all my coding anyway Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2007 05:09:22 AM »

You can't get DC#s on envelopes in the US, either...unless you send them parcel post.  It costs quite a bit more to do that.  I know that shipping is always weird, so normally I ask that if you can't get a tracking number of some sort, just please get a reciept, and hang on to it.  That's the hard part for me.  Keeping the reciept intact for the 3-4 weeks that it sometimes takes to ship overseas, or to Canada.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
craftydame

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2007 11:04:46 AM »

That's the hard part for me.  Keeping the reciept intact for the 3-4 weeks that it sometimes takes to ship overseas, or to Canada.

that's always been an issue for me too, by the time you realize the package is lost, so is the receipt!

so now i've started taking a picture of the receipt right away, and storing it in the same folder in my computer that i saved the pics of what i sent in. it makes it so much easier to find (no more frantically searching my desk, checking every single postal receipt!), and i don't have to worry about throwing the paper copy away by accident. and it keeps my wallet cleaner, cause i don't feel the need to save every postal receipt! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
Homerof2

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2007 12:12:38 PM »

Is there a gallery made for this swap yet?  I received a parcel card in the mail this morning and it's says it's a registered package so I'm guessing it's my parcel from Astica....I could be wrong but just in case I'm not, we should have a gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Bleach Your Hair
How to Get Kim Kardashian Hair Part 2/2
How to Get Kim Kardashian Hair Part 1/2
How to Get Mad Men Hair
How to Get a Snooki Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...