A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
742 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Melt and Pour base substitutions?  (Read 374 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thebuffster
That's what she said!!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 03, 2007 12:31:49 AM »

Made my first batch of soap today and turned out as well as I could have hoped for. The book of recipies that I bought all called for the "Avocado and Cucumber" soap base. It worked well and all but for all my soaps, there's a bit of a smell to it which gets a little redundant when making different soap recipes so what I'm wondering is, will the recipe generally work the same if I substitute the A&C for another unscented, perhaps Goat's Milk, soap base?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007 12:55:32 AM »

DEFINITELY!!

and eventually you will be able to create your own recipes...

i myself have never used someone elses, i just used them as research points and moved on...

your best bet is a very high quality plain base that you can add anything YOU want too...i buy a clear and a white of my favorite (SFIC) and then i add shea butter (sometimes, i actually prefer it without now) and other things...i actually find this soap is the best on my skin plain, it moisturizes and cleans really well...my hubby likes it with sea salt, my sister likes 2 bars, one with tea or oatmeal and one plain with lavender....her hubby likes it plain......i add cocoa butter to my handsoaps because it is really nice on the skin, but since it is comodogenic, and everyone in my house has acne, we leave it out of body bars...i also like to add lavender buds for color (and regular colorants too obviously)...

there are a couple other butters i am buying in the new year, that i will be adding to my soaps, mango, and coffee and macadamia off the top of my head...i know there were a couple more i just cant remember them now...haha...

but it all starts with the plain white soap base ( obviously clear doesnt take butter additives well!)

you can also get powedered goats milk to add...

if you go to my profile there is a link to lonestar candle supply, they have the best price for SFIC i have found, and the more you buy, the cheaper it is...they dont sell additives though...they do sell lots of scents, and almost all are skin safe and are the best price around too.....

if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Up-Do for Curly Hair
How to Create an Up-Do Hair Style
Learn About Curling Irons
Learn About Flat Irons
Learn About Hair Coloring Tools
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...