A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: sorcery slippers  (Read 1404 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkyswear
« on: October 02, 2007 08:06:31 PM »

I think this pattern is magical because you would never know they work as slippers until you slip them on. it's just increasing + ribbing + decreasing= slippers.

I made these with modifications from Miss Twiss's blog as a present. They worked out perfectly. I used exactly one skein of Plymouth Suri Merino from the stash and some plastic buttons. A pic of my next pair already in progress can be found on the blog.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Charlotte5

I breathe to sew and sew to live

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007 11:46:54 PM »

I'm not a knitter (yet - I'm working on it) or slipper person but these look great.

I just took a look at your blog and one of your photographs has given me an idea.  It is the one of the girl standing in front of the wool.  I don't have much storage space in my flat (it's unfurnished but I'm not going to furnish it - too much to take into a new place) but after seeing that photograph I'm going to buy a clothes rail and some canvas shelves for my fabric and bits - that's a brilliant idea.  Don't know why I didn't think of it before - it is so simple - maybe that is why  Cheesy.  So thanks for the inspiration!

With blessings.

Charlotte
Glasgow, Scotland, UK (Wednesday 3 October 2007; 07:46BST)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When I make a mess something good always comes from it.
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007 10:08:23 AM »

I've been meaning to make those! Really cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
pinkyswear
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007 12:53:42 PM »

I'm not a knitter (yet - I'm working on it) or slipper person but these look great.

I just took a look at your blog and one of your photographs has given me an idea.  It is the one of the girl standing in front of the wool.  I don't have much storage space in my flat (it's unfurnished but I'm not going to furnish it - too much to take into a new place) but after seeing that photograph I'm going to buy a clothes rail and some canvas shelves for my fabric and bits - that's a brilliant idea.  Don't know why I didn't think of it before - it is so simple - maybe that is why  Cheesy.  So thanks for the inspiration!

With blessings.

Charlotte
Glasgow, Scotland, UK (Wednesday 3 October 2007; 07:46BST)

That girl is me! And it is an excellent storage method. The picture's from the yarn store I work at.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

queen_gueneviere
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007 08:45:27 AM »

I've been contemplating making these for awhile now. But I've noticed that there's no mention of gauge given.
Would you happen to know what the gauge is?   Roll Eyes
They look real comfy, and this would be a great way to start stash busting.
I was also wondering how long it took to make them?
Thanks for sharing.  They turned out great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkyswear
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007 12:08:25 PM »

The thing is that there isn't really a gauge. It tells you to use worsted weight yarn and size 7 [us] needles. They're so stretchy that the ones pictured fit both a Womens US shoe size 6 and 9 and could probably go even bigger or smaller than that. I didn't have a chance to test yet, but I think with sock yarn you could have baby booties. Right now I'm making a pair with aran weight yarn and that seems appropriate for men's slippers.

I finished that pair in one day: it's a very, very quick project. But I won't guarantee they'll take everyone one day, I'm an experienced knitter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spotty_duck
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007 01:55:44 PM »

these are cute!!!
Ive made similar slippers but only in the baby size........i think the pattern really works for adults too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
queen_gueneviere
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007 09:04:57 AM »

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it very much. Maybe I'll just have to give them a try.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Personalize the Urban Grunge Template
How to Add a different background
How to Change the Color of a Digital Backdrop
How to Create a Sports Poster
How to Use Poster Pro Quick Kit 2 part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...