A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
677 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish List Swap 27  (Read 26922 times)
Tags for this thread: table_runner  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CrossStitchinMomma
« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2007 09:33:17 PM »

I claim cindy_23492 for some cardstock & envelopes.

This is my 10th claim, 1 sent and 8 recieved.

Hi! Im CrossStitchinMomma and Im live in Tennessee (USA). Im a married 25 year old SAHM of one. Im originally from England so any British candy (if youd like to know what types please PM me!) would be welcome as I cant get it over here! I love anything to do with Victorian or Tudor England. I love to knit. I know how to cross stitch but it generally takes a long time and I like finishing things quickly. I just bought a computerized sewing machine but it is super intimidating to me so I havent really used it yet but Id love to learn how to sew. Anything from my wist would be great too!!!

Supplies:

Knitting:

Some skeins of any soft good quality yarn you can find (my favorite colors are black, purple and I like the rainbow colored yarns too but any color will do as long as its not turquoise, yellow, orange or anything neon yuck!)
Thanks Grieney!
Id like to learn how to knit cables so some cable knitting supplies would be great.
As always needles are great! I LOVE bamboo knitting needles!!! I bought a pair of bamboo circs and I love them! Thanks DragonflyDucky!
I'd like some yarn like this https://www.shopatron.com/product/part_number=MM/570.0.24215.0.0.0.0
or the Chocolate Cherry color from
http://www.claudiaco.com/  <------I would just asolutely love love love to get some of this or another yarn with the same colors(enough to make some fingerless gloves)!
Some beautiful hand dyed yarn with different colors.

Sewing:

If you could find anything with British flags on it that would super great.
Anything with Victorian ladies on it would be great too.
I would LOVE anything with Asian stuff or geishas. Thanks KittyKill!
Id like some cute hippie/vintage patterns.
Some fleece (black preferably and enough for a blanket not a huge one but big enough for two people) fabric for a cozy blanket!
Rotary cutter Thanks Homerof2 !
Some fabric with four leaf clovers or Ireland (the word Ireland not actually Ireland itself lol) so I can make a purse for my best friend.

Books/Magazines (used is perfectly fine!):
A beginner sewing book with lots of details, diagrams and descriptions! (Im a sewing machine virgin!)
A beginner dressmaking/clothing how to book.
Id like to learn how to crochet so any beginner crochet book. -Thanks Grieney!
Knitting on the Edge by Nicky Epstein
Knitting over the Edge by Nicky Epstein
Any Debbie Bliss baby/toddler knitting pattern book
Any funky/hip knitting books like SnB or SnB Nation stuff like that.

Crafted Items:
I would love this but in a different fabric...just plain black fabric would be great! I would just totally love to have this! This would be perfect to organize the stuff in my computer area! http://www.woolybully.com/poppins.php

A bookweight (sorry this is the only example I could find might be filled with that heavy stuff that stuffies are filled with - not sure what its called exactly) http://www.flickr.com/photos/ysoldateague/446404291/ Thanks Estrata!

I saw this on another wist and I am totally in  love with it! I would like one but in black or dark purple material.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6394690
Thanks Vala_amaris!
I would love one of these (in black & with the oriental theme would be nice) - http://www.lanternmoon.com/SNC.asp
A Drop-In or Small Purseket (in cute retro fabric or just plain black or purple would be best) - http://www.purseket.com/index.php/cPath/index.php?target=categories&category_id=4
http://www.purseket.com/index.php/cPath/index.php?target=categories&category_id=3

Stained glass Union Jack (this would be great to hang in my window) - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6311151

A Union Jack purse (I love this!) http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6799098

Id love just the British Charm (I love this too!) http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6732827

I'd love anything that would help me to organize my small house. I have alot of stuff and hardly anywhere to put it all. Areas that are most in need of organization: My computer desk...its where I spend all my time! I have a lot of crafty stuff but no where to put it.

A mail/bill organizer or a desk organizer with places to put pens, store paper, etc.

If someone knows how to make a lapdesk and would like to make one for me or my son that would be wonderful. If you are wondering what a lapdesk is its this thing (it doesn't need to have a cup holder and just plain material would be fine)...http://img.inkfrog.com/click_enlarge1.php?image=ldparislg_(Small).JPG&username=sharps_container_supply&aid=13168672

A pretty coupon organizer would be great too but in a nice fabric not that ugly stuff with fruit all over it. I want it to be stylish and big enough so that I won't loose it but small enough to fit in my purse. Thanks
A crocheted table runner similar to this one in black http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=108428.msg1032287#msg1032287
...it doesn't have to be the same design it can be all circles if you want...

Some black and white photographs of old English churches or houses (preferably the ones made of stone or houses with thatched roofs). I know this one is a long shot but I can dream! Just so you get an idea Id like them all to be relatively uniform because I want a set of 3 to 5 to put in a photograph cluster on my wall. Here are a few examples: 

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7122617
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7067967
Thanks purpleone!

Misc. Wish List -

A DIY beginner yarn dying kit. A yarn dying how to book would be great too. I love all of these hand dyed yarns that are so beautiful and I'd love to give it a try!

A beginner amigurumi kit. Crochet would be okay as I am learning but if you have any patterns for a knit amigurumi that would be great too!

Wallflowers (refills or starter kits) from Bath & Body Works - Any scent is good but just not Fig, Cinnamon or anything spicy smelling. I like anything with vanilla the best.

My son is 2 years old and he loves anything with Bob the Builder. He also loves trucks and motorcycles.

Thanks in advance to anyone who picks anything from my list!!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007 09:34:43 PM by CrossStitchinMomma » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/CraftyMomma

MY ETSY STORE IS NOW OPEN!!!
CUSTOM HAND DYED YARN!

Gorgeous hand-dyed yarn! TwilightKnits -

www.twilightknits.etsy.com
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2007 10:00:44 PM »

I claim CrossStitchinMomma for: Any Debbie Bliss baby/toddler knitting pattern book

This is my fourth claim, 3 sent, 2 received.

Hi, Im Mary Ann and I live in the rainy Pacific Northwest, USA.  My main crafts are bath and body, crochet, and sewing, but I dabble in jewelry, scrapbooking/card making, cross stitch, embroidery, and anything else that catches my fancy. I like most colors, from pastels to brights and jewel tones and neutrals, but I dont like black and pink together. Some of my faves are blues and greens together, and shades of brown and tan together. No allergies, except wispy yarn like mohair makes me sneezy and itchy.

DIY Craft Kits:

Big Wish~Needle Felting Kit/Directions/Needles
Paper Making Kit
Journal/Book Binding Kit

Craft Books/Magazines/Craft Patterns (used is great!) for crochet, amigurami, embroidery, cross stitch, greeting cards, scrapbooking, polymer clay, beginning knitting. I already have the last year of Crochet! and Hooked on Crochet magazines. If anyone has an extra copy of the Crochet Stitch Bible that you want to get rid of, Ill love your forever and a day! Thanks Homerof2! And I welcome still more, always gotta get my fix!

Yarn:
Cotton yarn, any colors
Handspun yarn, thick and thin kind, any colors/material
Lion Microspun yarn, I have lots of black and white but cant find pink!

Craft Supplies

Pieces of felt, particularly in bright colors (red, yellow, and orange) and black and green Thanks Simplyfussfree!

Small cross stitch kits, no domestic animals/cutesy teddy bears please

Small amounts of wool roving in various colors to make felted soap

Thick fancy scrapbook paper Thanks CrossStitchinMomma!

Glass beads, bigger than seed beads or bugle beads. Funky, bigger ones would be great, I also really like E beads (I think thats what theyre called, same shape as seed beads but about 3 times the size?)

Fun buttons, particularly wood/bamboo, natural looking or brightly colored

I can never have enough crochet hooks, except for tiny thread hooks, I have a set of those and dont tend to lose them lol. Bamboo or cushioned crochet hooks, "H" or larger, a set of Susan Bates, or any Clover Soft Touch hooks, I use "I" hooks the most it seems

Teeny tiny brads for scrapbooking/cardmaking

Coluzzles for scrapbooking/cardmaking. I have few, please ask which ones.

Sterling silver jewelry findings, especially wire, bracelet toggle clasps, lobster claws, and French ear wires

Crafted Items

Crochet hook roll/holder in turquoise/teal or blues/greens, polka dots or stripes would be awesome, or a cool floral pattern

Black and white photos of buildings, signs, or outdoors Thanks Homerof2!

Purse/bag any size with long strap(s), in stripes, polka dots, or asian inspired material

A knit hat that will cover my ears (with ear flaps).I think I have a weird shaped head

Scarves are always welcome! Any to match or contrast with any of my coats~My work coat is navy, my work jacket is bright-ish/dark blue (I drive for my job, am outside most of the day), my regular coats are black, brown, and an odd light moss green color that would probably look good with shades of browns/greens. Also a red scarf would be good, I love a shot of bright color in the dreariness that is a Portland winter.

Clutch purse, I am sooo obsessed with clutches right now. Sewn, crocheted, knitted, whatever. I need a black one, but any bright color would also be great, or silver, or white or anything sparkly for upcoming holiday parties. A wristlet style one would be nice too.

Bracelets, 8 inches please, I have big (7in) wrists and need to wear them loosely to not aggravate my contact dermatitis. I prefer silver toned and love beads, cuff style is great too

Woven magazine purse, like on my wist

Fun blocks or trucks for my toddler nephews

Anything Zelda or Mario themed.

Beer bottle cap earrings, like on my wist, but with my fave beer, Full Sail Amber (I can provide bottle caps)

Surprises are cool!

Hand made journals

Knitted anything, especially socks or easy scarf with super bulky yarn on giant needles

I love high-heels, any art that has high-heels or little shoe ornaments or anything with shoes would be great!

Wall art! Picture frames or painted/collaged/cross-stitched/drawn whatever! I really like exotic/modish looking flowers, Zelda or Mario, or the aforementioned high heels..  My bedroom ceiling is super high and the walls are bright white, so it seems very stark. My color scheme in there right now is sage green and gray comforter/window valances with silver and black accents.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2007 10:24:09 PM by maremare312 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
calluna
« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2007 10:18:05 PM »

I claim maremare312 for a bracelet, a cross-stitch kit, and a Zelda-themed goodie vintage crochet magazine.

This is my 5th and DEFINITELY final claim for the month, with 2 sent, 2 received.

Introducing myself: Nevermind, I introduced myself on the previous page.

I like reusing and recycling, and anything in this list can be pre-used (except the padsyech). I am vegetarian, left-handed, leftist, non-pierced, am sensitive to smoke, and would prefer no fur or animal skin. Theres other info on my preferences and dislikes in my profile, too, and stuff that signifies my taste in general on my wist: www.wists.com/happyhermitheather

My list:

Crafted:
- Reusable cloth menstrual pads
- Reusable cloth grocery bag Thank you Z-Mama!
- Other cloth/reusable items to take the place of disposable stuff
- Hand-held spindle or other small, portable device for spinning (doesnt have to be homemade, its just much more affordable that way). With or without DIY kit/roving I am an absolute novice
- Hippyish recon clothing, medium size
- Sandals made from tire tread, Im womens U.S. size 7.5-8
- A snood
- Wallet small enough to fit in back pocket of pants Thanks maremare!   
- Wraparound pants like these: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=161380.0
- Bag for doggy-bags, with this kind of imagery but not blingy: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=196595.0
- Rug/floor-mat made from used plastic bags or other recycled stuff
- Swap journal
- Surprise inspired by '80s cartoons!

Supplies:
- I dont know what theyre called, but the little devices that can record short sound-bites to be replayed when a greeting card is opened. Know what Im talking about? Either greeting cards that have those devices, or the devices by themselves.
- A screened frame for papermaking
- Opalescent or other shiny metallic ink or paint
- Set of Gelly Roll pens, including at least a few metallic-inked and other fancy ones Thanks !B!
- A wholatta reusable paper (blank on at least one side) for making recon journals - ANY size from 4x6" on up!
- Any size scrapbook paper (ok, it doesn't have to be for scrapbooks specifically, but that type of paper) from or similar to these designs:
www.wists.com/happyhermitheather/prints
Thanks !B!
- Strong adhesive that isn't too fumey or toxic
- PVA glue
- matte medium or Mod Podge
- dried, pressed plants
BIGGEST WISH/NEED: - Any flat images/stickers/ephemera of faeries - I need LOTS of these for a current swap project (shhh) !!!!!
- cool molds for candles or polymer clay
- candle wicks
- Any kind of fabric with dog-related design, any colors
- Dog-related charms or pendants
- X-Acto knife or set of similar cutting tools

Misc:
- Tapestry/fabric of Indian, Middle Eastern, Pacific Islander, or SE Asian design old saris, for instance. Used or torn is fine.
- Books about Tasha Tudor (not the actual childrens books shes written, but books about her and her lifestyle itself)
- Vintage Fisher-Price Little People people, animals or playground equipment
- Any pieces for 1960s Mystery Date or Mary Poppins boardgames
- Non-Disney DVDs about animals i.e. March of the Penguins, Milo and Otis, PBS, Charlottes Web, Animal Planet, BBC. Can be for any age group or audience, prefer live-action or claymation ("Chicken Run"!!!) over cartoons.
- No-grain treats for my doggie-girl (she has grain allergies but that doesn't affect her appetite!)
- Books about book-making, creative writing, journaling or journal-making, scrap-papercraft, altered imagery, artists books/journals, and/or the therapeutic use of any of these
- Books about becoming less of a consumer and more of a DIY-er, affordably
- Books about things we can make, do, or change that are therapeutic to the soul and spirit... In short, any book that SARK would recommend  Grin

Thanks for looking!   Let me know if you have any questions!

calluna
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007 12:02:13 PM by calluna - Reason: added more » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2007 12:24:41 PM »

I claim Calluna for some books and a sari.
Anything off of my wists. I have a ton of ideas on there.

A hoodie.

Hand made glad rag pads. (Cloth Menstrual Pads )

This is a stretch but a lap quilt.

Jewelry-rings, bracelets

candles or a learn to make candle kit

A shrine (day of the dead, halloween, 1950's pin up)

A new purse. I love purses!

crochet or knitted fingerless gloves

plain pillowcases and tea towels to embroider

Messagener bag

A roll up holder thingy for my embroidery thread (like the kind for crochet and knitting needles)

A 1920's style hat

a new scarf-I have one being made but I love them and can't get enough

Vintage Halloween stuff

A tote bag with pockets

A new wallet

Wristlet

ghost story books

Sweaters for my puppies

A new dog bed

Vanilla perfume

Microscope pendant

Japanese craft books or magazines.

About me...
I have been married for about a year, I have 3 jack russell babies. I love pin up and 1950's stuff. I love bad  "B" horror movies. I also love Day of the Dead stuff. Some of my favorite artist are Mitch O' Connell and Lisa Petrucci. I love Rockabilly and old traditional country music but love punk just as much. I live in the Pacific Northwest where the rain is beginning for the next 9 months. I love the color pink, black,reds and certain shades of blue (not neon or navy) or yeah, and greens.

Thanks in advance for picking me. If you have any other questions, please feel free to pm me~
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007 12:28:30 PM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2007 02:21:07 PM »

We interrupt this swap to tell you about a new swap

OWS28

Grieney and I are co-enablers, and we'll get everything pulled together just as soon as we can.

OWS28, this way!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=205233.0

and now, back to your regularly scheduled swap
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007 02:38:41 PM by Dulcinea » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
sunspotted
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2007 02:59:57 PM »

Damn you both, I was going to take a month off.   Tongue

*dither, dither*

P.S.  Thanks for the swap kittykill and Grieney, it was fantastic.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007 04:04:20 AM by sunspotted » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2007 04:09:19 AM »

so did ya sign up yet?  i don't remember seeing your name!

and special thanks to kittykill and grieney for a great round!   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
purpleone
« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2007 04:12:11 AM »

special thanks to kittykill and grieney for a great round!   Kiss

I second that; thank you for being great organizers, it's been a lot of fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Warped by Ellan Grossman
Vert-Vurt by Ellan Grossman
Whatever Can Go Wrong by Ellan Grossman
Water Seeks Own Level by Ellan Grossman
The Knots Sculpture by Robin Antar
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...