A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 301,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The LIMBO folder and your posts  (Read 10591 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2007 08:51:56 AM »

A moderator moves your post out of Limbo.  Usually, the moderator that put it there, although our globals will sometimes move posts back.  Unfortunately, most of the mods live in the US, so for you, it will probably seem like hours sometimes before things get moved back, but it's only because I haven't been online in that time.  Your post has been moved back now, but this is good info for other members, too.  I can only move posts back if I'm not asleep. Cheesy  Or at work, although, that is less strict.  I absolutely cannot move posts in my sleep, but sometimes (more often than you'd think, perhaps) I CAN move posts when I'm at work.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
L-train
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2007 05:35:23 AM »

I absolutely cannot move posts in my sleep,

That made me laugh out loud, Lothruin  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zia
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2007 08:10:19 PM »

Thanks for that clarification Lothruin.  And I feel I need to clarify myself too.

I do know that while I'm awake, most Americans would be asleep.  I was just asking 'generally' how long it would take, meaning does it take hours, days or a week.  But I can see how saw it as me being in some huge rush to have my post back again.  Smiley

As you know, I messaged you twice but not because I was in a hurry to have my post back, but because I was having computer problems and wasn't sure you recieved my first pm, as I explained to you in my second pm.

Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redheadskydiver
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2007 02:38:20 PM »

So, if I put up a FO with details like where the pattern is from and the yarn used, etc but then say there are more details on my blog (for example errata, etc that may not be interesting to anyone unless you're going to make it), is that ok?

Christina
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2007 07:28:46 AM »

Well, here's the deal.  We would prefer you include as much detail as you do in your blog.  Honestly.  Just cut and paste your blog post if you want.  We want Craftster to be a giant repository of "useless" craft trivia.  If people would be interested in reading it on your blog, there would probably be someone interested in reading it here.  And who knows, maybe someone is having a similar issue with something and searches here.  We want as much detail as possible here.  But we will settle for just enough so that a person doesn't HAVE to click through to your blog to learn the basics of your project.  Typically, that means yarn, pattern, maybe a few personal notes about your project.

Consider us the Chotchkie's manager to your Joanna's flair.  (Sorry, gratuitous Office Space reference.)  We've set you a minimum.  We would prefer you overcompensate. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javastain

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2007 10:58:09 AM »

Consider us the Chotchkie's manager to your Joanna's flair.

OOhhhhh... now I get it! 

Grin
(That totally made me laugh out loud BTW)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
cassiemarie
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2007 10:53:13 AM »

Would there ever be a possibility of a "crafty knitting business" folder or anything like that where we could talk about our knitting blogs/etsy sites/knitting websites ect.. as resources to each other without the worry of being thought of as hijacking visitors or trying to get business?  Maybe a board with posts that expire so there isn't a worry about sites not being maintained ect., and we don't have to worry so much about coming off as self promoting.  I completely agree with the moderators on taking adverts out of project posts (not signatures), and I think craftser will be a better place without those picture filled/non informational posts.
Thanks for listening to my rant, and please visit my blog- hahah- just kidding Smiley
Mods feel free to remove that last bit Smiley
--Cassie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2007 09:30:07 AM »

Just saw this, so I apologize for the late response.  There IS a business section on Craftster already.  I suspect that some knitting networking could happen there, but I'm not entirely familiar with the rules of that area.  You could contact Jungrrl or one of the global mods to see if you could start a knitting-related business thread there if you like. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitcraze
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2007 01:35:19 PM »

Sorry.. I should have read this before I posted... I think I put my blog siggy..

Embarrassed
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007 01:38:13 PM by knitcraze » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2007 07:38:35 PM »

Don't worry about it!  We all make mistakes.  You can add your blog address to your signature by editing it in your profile.  That way it can be attached to every post you make, but without appearing in the body of your post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rock This Easy Updo That Was Made for Warm Weather
Get the Perfect Braid for Shorter Hair
Fishtail Braiding 101: How to Plait Perfectly
Pull It Together with This Braided Top Knot
How to Tease Your Hair: The Backcombing Basics
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Falafel without Frying
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...