A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,892
Currently Running With Scissors:
452 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Weird Fitted Sheet?  (Read 620 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dreamisle
ATCs are great!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 01, 2007 06:07:14 AM »

Hi everyone,

I have a weird problem. My university's dorms have weird mattress sizes. They're something like "long twin" or "wide twin" size. I couldn't find sheets of that size so I got regular twin, and they all seem to fit... except the fitted sheet barely fits and keeps popping off! It was like this all last year and it's really bugging me. Any ideas for neat crafty tricks to make the fitted sheet stay on???

Dave
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade Paper
Library Due Date Card ATCs
I make handmade paper! PM me for trades!
I made a Pillow!
Kpooh
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007 06:23:56 AM »

Elastic straps that hook to the edges of the sheets & slip under the corners of the mattress. They sell them at most stores that sell sheets, they look a bit like garter straps.

or you could just add a section to your sheets to make them bigger....my sister once sewed in added material to a sheet, she made a black cross in the center of it! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

honey924
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007 07:12:43 PM »

If you're willing to buy new sheets there are tons of websites (like delias.com) that sell twin extra long sheets. Also, Target is great too. My freshman year all four of us in my dorm got our extra-long twin bed sets from Target for pretty cheap. They were really cute and Target had a pretty good variety; we all got different sets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HorrorCraft
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007 06:12:45 AM »

I second Target.  I was there yesterday and they still had a bunch in their seasonal clearance section for under 10 bucks.  They are not colors I liked (pretty bright), but you might. 
OR...
I also have the problem with the fitted sheet popping off. I have pillow top mattress with a 3" memory foam topper on it and bought a sheet set was supposed to be up to 18" mattress, well it lied. So I bought the elastic clips (1.99 Biglots) and they still popped off.  So I said "ENOUGH" and pulled out a roll of elastic and attached the clips to the roll and stretched it from the far corners of each bed and attached it that way.  That finally worked. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

my spooky craft and decor blog====> http://horrorcraft.blogspot.com/
my not so spooky craft blog====> http://enduremyworld.blogspot.com/
Kiwi
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007 05:53:53 PM »

I third Target! lol. I think that's where I got my extra long sheets when I lived in the dorms. (What's the deal with the dorm beds, anyways?)

I despise fitted sheets... I used to have a foam pad on top of my mattress and whenever it moved, the sheet just popped right off. I finally just had to safety pin my sheet to the mattress. I used the big diaper safety pins. It worked pretty good. But be careful, if they ever pop off they could leave a not-so-pretty hole.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Czanna
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007 08:43:42 PM »

Twin XL sheets. The banes of my collegiate existence... (I am 5'2, so I needed an XL twin like I needed trepanning... but I was also ... ahem... liberated, so would have preferred some extra snuggly room...)

Depending on your budget and on how much you can get your fam to listen to you whine... my final solution was to get stick-on velcro and a mattress topper (memory foam). I stuck the foam to the school's mattress with the velcro, then put the sheet on the 3 inches of topper, and pinned it in place. Toppers run between $20 and 80, so you might ask for one for [insert winter gift giving holiday or tradition here]. I will say that I slept a lot better and was more productive in my two dorm years after getting that stupid piece of foam than I was before I got it, but I'm a life-long insomniac and I require a supportive and comfortable bed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about the Range of Available Lenses - part 2
How to use the Shutter Priority Mode or Tv Mode
How to use the Modes on Your dSLR
Learn about Reciprocity
Learn about the Range of Available Lenses - part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...