A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I need ideas for inexpensive wall art!! <3  (Read 2039 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kalmia
« on: November 04, 2007 07:09:54 PM »

helloo!!

so heres the scenario. I'm renting a house with some friends and our rooms are covered with terrible wall paper that the landlord wants us to keep. So!!
I'm looking for some ideas for some sort of inexpensive wall art that won't be permanent ... something that would cover all of the wallpaper... the terrible terrible wall paper.

thanks!!

-kalmia
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cheebz

I make clothes for imaginary people

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007 07:48:29 PM »

Sounds like a fabric stash buster to me. Hang fabric on the walls. You get to cover up the wallpaper AND it's like living in a Yurt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ica171
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007 08:33:27 PM »

Like Cheebz said, fabric is easiest.  If you were really ambitious you could use liquid starch and hang fabric like wallpaper.  It just peels off when you're done. 

You could also get really large canvases and do abstract-type paintings that are basically a solid color. 

If you're on a tight budget I like the look of painting something on a piece of a canvas dropcloth and just tacking it to the wall.  I think I got one at Home Depot that was 9' x 11' for $15 or $20.  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThreePts
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007 08:47:27 AM »

Wall ideas are endless.. check out http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/ and turn any image into a huge wall art..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Butterflies and Lollipops - Hair Accessories, Tutus and so much more...
little green dragonfly

i craft, therefore i am...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007 05:32:13 PM »

<ight sound odd - but...
Wrapping paper. you can get some really awesome colours and prints, and they're might cheap. Just use blutack. Then whe you leave it will come off easy too adn if you want to chage the colours - it's cheap and easy too.
Or curtains? I have an image of platic bathroom crtains everywhere - lol

Alternativly the wallpaper could somehow fall off in certain places - but that might cancel your rental agreement.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

After 8 years I'm back - however did I stay away so long???
Czanna
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007 08:57:24 PM »

Well... wallpaper. Seriously.

Lowe's usually has a bunch of wallpaper on clearance - .50 a roll to 2.00. (If not, check your local dollar/discount store.) You will need a stapler with a swing arm (so you can open it up and staple that way), some straight-pins and a tackhammer.

You hang the paper just like wallpaper, but without the wetting. Staple it at the top, trim, then push pins into the paper down the wall, drawing it tight.

You can also use butcher paper -- find a teacher's supply shop. They usually carry large rolls of 60 inch wide paper. Tack it up the same way (and it comes in a lot of usually primary colors) and feel free to decorate it!

Staple and pin holes are generally not noticeable in wallpaper, but if they are, you can fill them with patch and use markers to match the color (delicate hand, fine point, the big-big sharpie set.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chef Makini Howell Makes Stuffed French Toast
Chef Zac Young Makes Monkey Bread
Chef Zac Young Makes Molten Red Velvet Cake
How to Make Gourmet Chocolate Salted Caramel Brownies
Noodle Kugel Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...