A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,367
Currently Running With Scissors:
695 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Castle themed nursery  (Read 727 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lynnie71
« on: October 29, 2007 11:25:37 AM »

We are expecting baby two and I am wanting to do a castle/knight themed nursery...does anyone have any neat ideas or crafts that I can incorporate in it?  We are not finding out out if baby is a girl or boy so it has to be gender neutral which is why I am stumped.  Any ideas are appreciated
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NLJ
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007 05:21:42 PM »

I would find a picture of a castle in a coloring book and copy it onto a transference and project it on your wall.  Use chalk to outline the picture and then paint it in.  You could add a knight and a unicorn in the background. 

You could also make valances for the windows that look like the tops of towers.   Do you know what I'm talking about? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007 05:51:50 PM »

Off the subject a little,but 2 cute knight books are -Good Night,Good Knight(he's reading a story to 3 little dragons), and -The Princess Knight,by Cornelia Funke. I think there are 2 or 3 Good Knight books.
Get an artistic friend,or stencils,to paint a castle mural? Just keep making gray blocks and outline them.Paint the walls sky blue,with white puffy clouds. A stuffed dragon.Puff the magic dragon.Horse bookends,ect-a knight needs a horse,good for boy or girl.Stencil a simple image on the crib.Dover publications has hundreds of books of public domain images of anything you can imagine. The words "once upon a time..."storybook style,big illustratred letter O.Would be great for a wall,pillow,or the cover/first page of a baby record book. A suncatcher in the window.A coat of arms/shield-you could wait and use the baby's name,or use your surname.Any kind of magical creatures.Find a jijsaw puzzle or two that fit your theme,work them,and frame them.I know they make something called puzzle preserver to glue them together,maybe something else would work? The smaller size,bright colored children's puzzles may work just as well as something fancy and big. Get frames from the dollar store,ect.,paint them if needed.Use simple stencils or decoupage to decorate furniture,or smaller things too.You could just decorate a few things,and let the background color tie it together.Go to thrift stores and used book stores for childrens's fairy tale books,king arthur,robin hood,unicorns,ect ect-if they're old and loved,it'll add to their charm.Make a row of them on the wall-decoration now,reading material later! You can make a simple display shelf for lightweight things out of yardsticks! I saw it on craftster.Get a yardstick,paint it if you want.Get 3 pieces of ribbon,and 3 thumbtacks.You make loops with the ribbon,tack the loops to the wall,slide in the yardstick.(High enough that a toddler can't reach it).Do a search,it looked adorable,my description doesn't do it justice.Look for cute wrapping paper,greeting cards,ect.Pretty paper and fabric can be framed as art.A cuddly dragon,horse,unicorn would be so cute.Use a computer to print birth announcements like"King Fred and Queen Ethel,of the House of Mertz,joyfully announce the birth of our beloved Prince/Princess---,"ect ect.
Yes,I got carried away,but it sounds like such a cute idea for a room.Good luck,and congraduations on the baby!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@craftster
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Couponcode CRAFTSTER 10%
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd6
Czanna
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007 08:32:48 PM »

At ikeahacker, there's a wonderful Rapunzel bookcase made from an IKEA Billy bookcase (which means, use any flat-pack, el-cheapo bookcase - narrow is best). Here's the link:
http://www.freepowerboards.com/ikeahacker/ikeahacker-about61.html

You could skip the Rapunzel part and just make it a castle.

It would be good for storing changing supplies, or clothes (use small bins) and would grow with baby as s/he matures.

Keep in mind (something I learned when my sister had her babies) that crib bumpers and padding and all that schmutz people put in cribs is for the adults, not for the babies, and is in fact potentially dangerous for them. Babies can smother on all that stuff, and the best thing for a baby is a plain mattress with sheet, the breathable mattress pad, a drool square (whatever those are called) and a single blanket.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Plaited Updo
Sleek Ponytail Hair Tutorial
How To Get "Sombre" and Balayage Hair
The Best Hair Treatments You Can Buy or DIY
The Monday Makeover - Textured Knot Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Mountain Views
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...