A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
558 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Recon'd Deco Children's Shoes....Laced to MJ's! Image OBESE!  (Read 20304 times)
Tags for this thread: shoes , craftster_best_of_2007  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NyteRayn

Hi my name is Jess and I have a crafting problem.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2007 06:08:12 AM »

Those are amazing!! I love it!

How did you do them? Oh please share! Please please pretty please!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Findings, links, tutes, fabrics, news, photos and all other sorts of crafty-type stuff! http://elementalcraft.blogspot.com/
KarenLouiseM
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2007 07:33:58 AM »

Ooooh, those are adorable.  I made my granddaughter one of those pre-printed cutout dresses for the holidays last year and then made very similar shoes with some of the matching pictures they always have along the edges.  I suspect we made them in a similar way, yours are cuter, but I think the construction is similar (even to having bough the shoes at a famous giant "mart"  Cheesy - only place I could find them in November).  I topped mine with mod podge.

My husband's son and daughter NEVER send thank yous or pictures (although he does usually remember to thank my husband when he talks to him on the phone).  So, I have no idea how stuff fits or works.  I wondered when I sent them how they would "feel" on her feet, are they stiff, how they hold up, etc.  Basically the sort of feedback that says "yeah, do this all the time" or "only for special ocassions when you only have to wear them once or twice".

Huh?

THANKS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
simplytreasured
Trish

http://www.funkyfunctionalart4u.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2007 08:11:57 AM »

Those are so adorable I love them!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Damara
I don't want to make money. I just want to be wonderful--Marilyn Monroe

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2007 08:44:40 AM »

those are so cute, shoes to match every outfit!!!!!!  how did you do it???  tut!?!?!??!!??!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative

"I promise to love you forever, every single day of forever"  Edward Cullen, Eclipse

www.wists.com/damara
bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2007 09:03:48 AM »

Wow they are great!! I love them all, but the skulls ones are my favorite!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

multicrafty
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007 09:07:42 AM »

They are really cool and pretty!  Knowing my daughter, she wouldn't play with them on in fear that they would get messed up (she's sassy like that).

Did you use anything over the fabric to protect them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pink*Marshmallow
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2007 10:37:54 AM »

These are great!  How long does it take you to make a pair?  They look fantastic.  Forget about kids I would love a pair (and I am old, seriously).  Great Job

Hi Smiley  It usually takes me about a week to complete a pair.  Thru a lot (ALOT) of trial and error, it takes less and less time each time I do them.  My 8 yo LOVES that I can make them for her and well...match EVERYTHING!
Ooooh, those are adorable.  I made my granddaughter one of those pre-printed cutout dresses for the holidays last year and then made very similar shoes with some of the matching pictures they always have along the edges.  I suspect we made them in a similar way, yours are cuter, but I think the construction is similar (even to having bough the shoes at a famous giant "mart"  Cheesy - only place I could find them in November).  I topped mine with mod podge.

...I wondered when I sent them how they would "feel" on her feet, are they stiff, how they hold up, etc.  Basically the sort of feedback that says "yeah, do this all the time" or "only for special ocassions when you only have to wear them once or twice".

Huh?

THANKS!

When we wear them, they are a little stiff at first, but that is just the Mod Podge talking.  I also seal them, and take care not to put sealer on the fabric that is close to your foot (around the opening).  I've done that before, and it was a bit pointy to say the least!

Those are amazing!! I love it!

How did you do them? Oh please share! Please please pretty please!!!

A little bit of fabric...alot of mod podge and a tremendous amount of patience!  You become quite sticky  and need a nice, open area to work.  Oh - and a sink.  A sink is a must Wink
I can't find words to tell how you amazed me with your shoes ...
totally AWESOME!
Thank you so much, all of you!!! I really am totally 'boosted' in my confidence level.  I wasn't sure anyone but me would like them....well, and my 2 & 8 y/o  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tara

http://charleerosedesigns.etsy.com
Custom Wreath Creations
meriweather
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2007 11:23:08 AM »

Wonderful. Oh, my, I never even thought of lead in Crystals. Bother!!! Any way those shoes are simply great. Of course the little girl who owns a pair will believe shoes should be magic for the rest of her life Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

magic happens
missmonkeymae
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2007 12:18:06 PM »

Wow, these are definitely amazing shoes for little or big girls  Wink

Were the shoes originally laced shoes that became mj's or did you purchase skimmers that you turned into mj's?  Soooo freakin' cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
usdimama

Native Art--I'm Native, and it's Art

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2007 12:20:59 PM »

these are so awesome!  i thought about doing something like this 'cause my mom fully beads shoes, and i'm much too lazy to take on a project of those proportions.  so i thought something like this would be waaaay easier.  now that i've actually seen it done, i'm gonna have to go get myself a pair of tennies and give it a go...then i suppose i'll have to do a pair for dd  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They call me Cha Cha 'cause I'm the best dancer at St. Bernadette's."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Make Up For Ever Collaborates with 50 Shades of Grey
Expert Reveals Breakthrough Beauty Products
Beauty and the Blog: A/W Handbag Essentials
3 Easy Makeup Looks
Berry Lips and Gold Eyes for a Romantic Makeup Look
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...