A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
443 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap round 7 Discussion  (Read 34719 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GatsbyGirl
Not a Knitter

"As for me, I am a watercolor. I wash off."

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 11, 2007 10:12:01 AM »

So, yesterday I got up from my chair not realizing that my left foot had fallen asleep. I hear a loud *SNAP* come from my ankle and fell to the ground. Turns out I gave myself a nasty sprain and have to spend the next few days off my feet.

The bad news is, I can still work from a reclining position. The good news I should have some extra time for crafting. I'm thinking some embroidered cocktail napkins may be on their way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Twitter | Facebook | Wists
Moonfairy

Credendo Vides

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 11, 2007 10:15:41 AM »

Oh no, that sounds painful  Shocked
Hope you get better soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #502 on: October 11, 2007 10:19:41 AM »

Yikes.  Hope you're not in too much pain, GatsbyGirl Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
sewknitter

have needles will sew, knit, crochet, tat. . swap!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #503 on: October 11, 2007 10:21:29 AM »

Have you ever worried that if you are bad and go to hell, there will be no crafting? There will, but it will be with 'special' fabrics. You, know the ones that slip and slide all over the place, like brocade.
Hah, hah, I guess no one introduced you all to steamAseam2, 1/4inch. You put the adhesive side where you want to seam, put the second piece on top, steam it briefly, glued together. then you sew your seam, and voila! no slippage.

Mom, in her 80's decided to make organza curtains for her kitchen. Her best friend, in her 70's, told her she couldn't do it because she wasn't "good enough" of a sewing person. I gave mom a box (which after 10 panels she still didn't use up) and they look great!!!

Thanks Pia_77 Smiley

I'm relatively new to spinning but it's fun playing with the drop spindle!!  atsuko makes wonderful drop spindles (she's the one that got me started on spinning with a drop spindle) Grin   

I keep looking at that spindle and thinking about it.
I just know that I won't like the first 100+ batches I spin because it will be inconsistent and bulky  Sad  I want it perfect the first time!  LOL it sucks to be a virgo.

Haha...That's exactly why I haven't started. 

What you do, is lay the "too thick part" in your lap, untwist it with your fingers, gently ease the yarn into a thinner strand, and release, the built in twist, re-twists. the trick is to keep tight hold on either end of the thick part, so that the twist from the good part is still there.

I use a navajo spindle and a fancy kitty handspinner. and I still get too thick parts, and I just undo it that way. Not hard at all, but if you are racing to finish, well that just slows you down.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cara4webshoppin g.com
knitting looms, embroidery machines, weaving,  knitting software~all discounted!

Shop My Swap  Shop 31
Brihene

i'm kind of a big deal.

« Reply #504 on: October 11, 2007 10:22:04 AM »

Get well soon GatsbyGirl! I know how you feel, last night I was at dance class and landed on my tailbone, I possibly broke it Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < )

My shop the swap 7 shop!

Horse swap, anyone?
sewknitter

have needles will sew, knit, crochet, tat. . swap!

« Reply #505 on: October 11, 2007 10:23:31 AM »

So, yesterday I got up from my chair not realizing that my left foot had fallen asleep. I hear a loud *SNAP* come from my ankle and fell to the ground. Turns out I gave myself a nasty sprain and have to spend the next few days off my feet.

The bad news is, I can still work from a reclining position. The good news I should have some extra time for crafting. I'm thinking some embroidered cocktail napkins may be on their way.

YIKES!!! Gatsbygirl, that is horrible! That and worrying about chrissiemags is making me doubly sorry for you!

<<<<<<<<<hugs & warm wishes>>>>>>>>>>>>
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cara4webshoppin g.com
knitting looms, embroidery machines, weaving,  knitting software~all discounted!

Shop My Swap  Shop 31
GatsbyGirl
Not a Knitter

"As for me, I am a watercolor. I wash off."

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 11, 2007 10:34:37 AM »

Thanks all. I fill more stupid over anything else. That will teach me to sit at my desk with my legs crossed.

I actually had a friend in college whose mom was laying on the bed reading. Both her legs fell asleep and when she jumped up to answer the phone she completely shattered both her ankles.

So, yeah, it could definitely be worse.

The funny thing is that one of the cats (who is usually empathetic and just "knows" when I'm not feeling well) keeps looking at me like she's trying to figure out what's wrong. She knows I'm not sick per se, but thinks it's odd that I'm on the bed with my foot up on a pile of pillows and my laptop going.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Twitter | Facebook | Wists
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #507 on: October 11, 2007 11:20:32 AM »

Ack, hope you'll get better soon GatsbyGirl!!

Brihene, congrats on your spinning!!!  That's awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #508 on: October 11, 2007 11:35:13 AM »

Ow, GatsbyGirl! Hope your ankle is better soon. Clearly I need to practice more ergonomic postures at work  Tongue

Oh, and in addition to baby booties, I can try and do mittens of all sizes in felt if there is interest. I am trying to clean up my wool stash and have lots of colors available (I want to order a big box of white wool to custom dye and need to make room).  If I have time in the next week or so I'll try and do some samples and see how they turn out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cookies
« Reply #509 on: October 11, 2007 11:43:21 AM »

Ugh, everybody getting hurt...hope you all feel better soon!

I'm embarassed.  I answered the phone without checking the caller id to see who it was.  I thought it was my friend Trish, but it was actually a friend of my mom's who thought I was my mom.  I'm such an idiot.  I hate talking on the phone, and this is why.  *wants to crawl under a rock and hide* 

I have some more things for my shop that I'll probably add later today, and some more I'm working on.  And I saw a cute idea on another craft site that I want to try, but I need to go to a store...one that actually has what I need.  But the back tire area on my car is making a weird noise, so I don't want to drive too far.

And I have a headache today.   Roll Eyes

So yeah, lol, that's my update for today.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Valentine’s Jewelry Bag
How to Make Scrapbooks with Leeza Gibbons
Martha Stewart Makes Candlesticks with Josh Duhamel
How to Create Monster Salt Crystals
How to Make Homemade Snow Globes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...