A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,171
Currently Running With Scissors:
604 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: December 2007 Birthday Swap?  (Read 1472 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2007 08:43:55 PM »

<---- Dec 28th bday

me too!!!  Grin

just a question about the birthday swaps...  do all the birthday people have to swap for as many people as people who pick them?  for example, if two people pick me, I have to pick two people?  or do you only get picked once no matter what?  I have time to craft for one person but probably not more.  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007 08:46:03 PM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafterbynite
Customizing the world ..one shirt at a time

Extraordinary machine!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2007 08:47:55 PM »

woohoo *high fives kategirl*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ETSY :: Wist :: Blog :: Fb :: Twitter
heini
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2007 03:47:27 AM »

(My birthday is Dec. 25th ... people have a tendency to forget my birthday amidst the holiday hoopla.)
My sister's birthday is also on 25th, but at least close relatives have remembered her birthday, and she receives gifts both on 24th and 25th. (We're Finnish and we get presents on 24th, maybe because Father Christmas/Santa lives so near). She'll turn 18 this year and we'll go to bar that night and I'm ridicilously excited about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ollieorange
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2007 11:06:15 AM »

OK, I just got back into town! Sorry I've been MIA, I had a funeral to attend.
So, as you know, this will be my first time organizing. We could do this like a regular swap where you pm me and I assign partners- that is what I'm accustomed to. Or, looking over the other b-day swaps that have been set up, well, kinda confusing to me. Does anyone have a problem doing the regular type swap for this? That is, one where you pm, I assign partners.
Oh, and November Bdays are definatley going to be welcome!
Sorry again for being gone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2007 12:54:16 PM »

OK, I just got back into town! Sorry I've been MIA, I had a funeral to attend.
So, as you know, this will be my first time organizing. We could do this like a regular swap where you pm me and I assign partners- that is what I'm accustomed to. Or, looking over the other b-day swaps that have been set up, well, kinda confusing to me. Does anyone have a problem doing the regular type swap for this? That is, one where you pm, I assign partners.
Oh, and November Bdays are definatley going to be welcome!
Sorry again for being gone.

It doesn't matter to me as long as everyone gets to receive (and send of course  Cheesy). Maybe I was misreading the Oct(?) birthday swap rules, but it sounded like you might send but not receive anything back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ollieorange
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2007 01:34:17 PM »

Yeah, I understand that everyone will send & recieve with the other bday swaps. I just get a wee bit confused. BUT, I am going to do it like the other swaps! I swear I'll be a good organizer! I have some awesome people willing to guide me through this! Sorry I keep saying one thing then changing my mind!
Sooooooo... I think I'm going to open sign ups. I'll post a link soon!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007 01:43:27 PM by ollieorange » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ollieorange
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2007 02:04:49 PM »

Here we go!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=210417.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

darkdaughter

Y tu mama tambien.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2007 02:42:32 PM »

My mom said that she was in labor all of Christmas Day but refused to go to the hospital and miss presents and dinner.  She went about 9pm Christmas night and had me the next day. Grin

LoL. At least being born so close (or on) Christmas usually comes with some funny/endearing story.
My mom was getting out of the car to have dinner at my grandma's when her water broke. It wasn't as messy as she expected (and I was her first), so she was kind of confused. She got to the door and when my grandma opened the door, my mom says, "Mom, what does it look like when your water breaks?" and before Grandma could answer, Grandpa shouts down the stairs "Well, usually your radiator will have steam billowing out."  He thought she was talking about the car!
I was born around 5pm, so I was right in the middle of dinner. At least you were nice enough to wait until the next day. LoL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears. -Edgar Allen Poe

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. -Nietzsche

I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. -Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dealing with an Oily Scalp
Beauty Post Blowdrying Tip
How to Volumize Hair
How to Get Smooth, Shiny Hair
Easy Hair Extensions
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...