A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
516 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lucy In The Sky Cardigan  (Read 774 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

turtelina
« on: September 30, 2007 10:25:40 AM »

Hi there,

I feel so stupid, but I really could need help from someone who has already knitted Lucy In The Sky.

Remember, you knit the cardigan from bottom up. You add on the arms, and then you start with the raglan and neck decreases. You have 4 stitch markers, which mark the beginning and end of each arm.

You continue to do the raglan and neck decreases until you have 9 stitches left before the first marker (beginning of first arm).

Clear until that.

But then she sais, stop working raglan decreases on the first and last marker. But continue to do neck decreases 4 times or until raglan fits.

Does that mean, that you continue to do raglan decreases on the 2nd and 3rd marker, but not on the 1st and 4th. I have done that, and it looks wrong. :-( When you do that, you dont have the "fake seaming line" on the arms...

I dont understand it. I read over the instructions at least a dozen times.

Can someone help me please?

Thank you so much!
Connie

« Last Edit: September 30, 2007 10:28:07 AM by turtelina » THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007 09:23:47 PM »

Did you contact cosmic pluto? She has an "e-mail me" button at the top of her blog. Smiley http://www.cosmicpluto.com/blog/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MarIce
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007 02:33:17 PM »

I'm not sure about your question as I haven't quite made it there. I have tried emailing her about my question but haven't heard back, but then again it's only been a few hours. Having said that, I am anxious to get back to this cardigan so I'm hoping perhaps you might be able to help me.

I've c/o 169 stitches and done the seed stitch rows. I'm preparing to start my first row on the diamond pattern but as the first and last 6 sts are in seed st, that leaves me with 157 sts to work with a chart that only has 25 sts. I'm going to wind up with 7 extra sts, aren't I? Perhaps I'm not reading the chart correctly.

Might you be able to steer me in the right direction? Perhaps it's the Pattern Repeat area that's throwing me. I wasn't sure why that was highlighted.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~M
turtelina
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007 08:18:12 AM »

Hi MarIce,

Did she reply?

You should have no rest stitches. You knit the first 13 stitches once, and then repeat the second 12 stitches until the end.

You have probably tried it by now and figured it out. :-D

Connie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ultraviolet
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009 06:49:54 PM »

I know this thread is really old, but I have the same question about which decreases to discontinue. Does anyone know? I've searched all over Ravelry and haven't found anything about this. Apparently, it is obvious to most people Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Checking and Tasting the Chicken Curry
How to Make Chicken Curry
Chicken Curry Ingredients
Preparing the Chicken for the Chicken Curry
Browning and Adding Spices to Chopped Onions
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...