A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,446
Currently Running With Scissors:
683 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lots of Messenger Bags and lots of pictures  (Read 1825 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ScissorSister7
Do you need a cute purse to go with that outfit?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 06, 2007 10:24:53 AM »

I have been making lots of messenger bags lately.  And they are all thanks to Runnermom's help.  She can do a great tutorial.  Check out some of the ones she has posted on here. 

Anyway, here are the bags.  Oh and I love them all so I might say that a jillion times in this post.

This one is made out of denim that has skulls and crossbones embossed on it.  The inside is a cool red checked material.  My daughter says it is very punk looking

Another kinda punk one.  The body is black baby wale corduroy and the flap is made from skulls and roses fabric.

This is camo hearts fabric.  It looks like camo but is really hearts.  I am coming to the end of my stash of this fabric and I am a little bit sad about it.

I love how this one turned out.  It is a smoky gray wide wale corduroy on the body of the bag and the flap is awesome Amy Butler fabric.  The inside is a plain pink fabric.  It is  just fabulous!

This is a deep teal corduroy with flowers embroidered on it.  I did not do the embroidery, it came like that.  It is so pretty.  The inside is a turquoise color to match the embroidery.  It is so great in person.

Okay so that is it.  Let me know what you think! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join my yahoo group Always Sewn With Love to purchase fabrics at or near wholesale prices

I'm interested in personal swaps -- I love bracelets & necklaces and I don't know how to make them.
runnermom100863

Sew like there's no tomorrow.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007 10:27:44 AM »

Oh yeah, I get to be the first poster...whoo-hoo!  Cheesy

I absolutely love them all...you're amazing!  Great job on them...my favs are the amy butler bag and the blue/teal bag!

*ps...thanks for the shout-out...I just noticed that after I posted!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007 10:29:37 AM by runnermom100863 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I miss my doggy~Apollo~He'll forever be in my heart

my etsy shop ~ www.lillaka.etsy.com
kelliz
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007 11:06:12 AM »

I love them!  Do you think you could put a link to the tutorial?  I love love love all of the fabric choices!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScissorSister7

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007 11:24:56 AM »

I love them!  Do you think you could put a link to the tutorial?  I love love love all of the fabric choices!
[/quote]

You may have to ask runnermom100863 about the tutorial.  She sent it to me in an e-mail and I am not sure if it is posted on Craftster or not.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join my yahoo group Always Sewn With Love to purchase fabrics at or near wholesale prices

I'm interested in personal swaps -- I love bracelets & necklaces and I don't know how to make them.
Charlotte5

I breathe to sew and sew to live

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007 11:26:26 AM »

I love the SKULL AND ROSES fabric (by Alexander Henry).  I'm in the process of buying 6 yards to make a 1940's vintage dress with  Grin.  Should be fun!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When I make a mess something good always comes from it.
jolliebell
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007 11:40:21 AM »

Wow, your messenger bags are great! I love your choice of fabrics, esp. the Amy Butler flap and the turquoise with embroidery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Binoo
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007 02:46:30 PM »

They are all very beautiful. I especially love the camo one. And you inspire me go make a messenger bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pink*Marshmallow
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007 06:27:31 PM »

THose are stunning!  I don't think I have a favorite.  I want them all.  I'll be happy to PM you my address, since you missed my birthday  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tara

http://charleerosedesigns.etsy.com
Custom Wreath Creations
screamer
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007 10:41:26 PM »

very nice. love the fabrics.. they look very well made.

ahhhh this reminds me- i need to make myself one!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScissorSister7

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007 10:38:19 AM »

THose are stunning!  I don't think I have a favorite.  I want them all.  I'll be happy to PM you my address, since you missed my birthday  Wink

Yeah Pink*Marshmallow you are really funny! LOL  Before I send one to you I need to make one for myself, one for my daughter, one for my mother and possibly a few other relatives.  But you'll be next on the list after all that!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold an Origami Paper Spaceship
How to fold an origami square base
How to Fold an Origami Paper Crane
How to Fold the Head of an Origami Paper Crane
How to Fold an Origami Bird Base
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...