A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 303,213
Currently Running With Scissors:
417 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Nightmare Before Christmas Halloween Party! [Now with some pictures]  (Read 16138 times)
Tags for this thread: nightmare_before_christmas , party_planning  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: September 29, 2007 04:44:32 PM »

7 Sleeps Until Nightmare Before Christmas Party
(October 27th)

Well, I am psyched beyond belief that I will be finally throwing a Halloween Party. Even more psyched because it will be Nightmare Before Christmas themed.

I made the invitations a few weeks ago. They make me very happy. Here's a picture of the front:

Decorating might possibly the most fun for this party but a lot of work.
I'm made a huge cut out of moonlight hill and put it up on my basement wall. It's made out of Bristol Board and I believe the lady at Dollarama thought I'd gone psycho when I walked up with a kazllion pieces. So, here's a picture of it:

I'm also planning on digging out my artificial christmas tree, covering it with those fake cobweb things and other Halloween decorations and stealing some of my brothers fake gross things and wrapping them up for my guests to open. My baby brother and I are carving our pumpkins NBC themed this year. Mine will have the cruly mountain ( Undecided ) and my brother's will be Jack Skellington's head.
(The pictures of these will be up within a week.)

Food should be fairly easy. The party doesn't begin until after supper so I only need to worry about snacks. I'll have the classic chips and pop there for my guests but I'm also going to make sugar cookies and decorate them with Jack Skellington's head and Moonlight Hill.

I'm not planning any games really for the night because knowing my friends they would rather just chillax and hang out. Therefore, the main activity for the night will be a Tim Burton Movie Marathon. I should have time to show Nightmare Before Christmas and the Corpse Bride before 11 when the majority of my guests will leave but for the few who will be spending the night we'll watch Beetlejuice and Edward Scissorhands aswell. Rocky Horror Picture show might be thrown in there for fun:) I'm also having a costume contest with a Jack Skellington stencilled tshirt as the prize. Here's a picture of the shirt:

And a close up of the stencil:

I had fun today making the party favours. I bought a bunch of shot glasses, Chocolate Pumpkin Balls and pretty Halloween mesh-ish fabric from the Dollarama and made it look pretty. Here's the picture:

Well, Craftster, if you have any ideas/suggestions or comments on my plan let me know.

Love Always, Annamarie  Kiss

P.S. My costume will be Magenta from Rocky Horror Picture Show. Which I would have finished tonight if my sewing machine hadn't thrown a hissy fit.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008 12:43:12 PM by amc- » THIS ROCKS   Logged
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007 05:27:51 PM »

really awesome theme...and trust me, being the theming fanatic i am, i could take it and run....(its why i LOVE disney so much, they tell a story like nobodies business)

my only advice that i really have right this second, is really a question....: if you are having a themed party, why arent you dressing up as any part of the theme? i mean you could even do a *tim burton* party and be any female character from any tim burton film.....i dunno...its just how i connect things in my head...y ou are doing such a fab job (and so much work) on this great themed party, but you are not going with the theme for your costume...it seems weird to me, but THATS JUST ME....

i do love the invites though, and everything you have planned....i am crazy in the theme dept, as i mentioned before...i have tons of other ideas, but they involve loads more time and $$

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007 05:30:37 PM »

the curly mountain is called "Moonlight Hill" just to let you know.  Wink

I can't wait for the party pictures. Cheesy

| unattractive? yes. | artistic? sure. | masculine? psh, no! |
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007 04:10:58 PM »

Moonlight Hill, got it.  Smiley Thanks bunches theperfect1.

Miss Disney: I already have my costume for Magenta made so I don't want to go make another costume for the party when I'll have
lots of other things to do. I'd love to hear all your ideas. If I don't have the time/money I might be able to alter the idea to something less time consuming and make it cost less.

Love Always, AnnaMarie<33
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007 05:06:22 PM »

Moonlight Hill, got it.  Smiley Thanks bunches theperfect1.

no problem! Cheesy

| unattractive? yes. | artistic? sure. | masculine? psh, no! |
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007 11:48:14 AM »

Please post pictures! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do!
Save the Texas Prarie Chickens

Greener seems to fall beneath your feet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008 06:52:52 PM »

LOL, my friend actually had a Nightmare Before Christmas Christmas party this past December! Since we really didn't get to do much for Halloween and because we both wanted to wear our costumes again, he decided to have a Christmas party with our Halloween costumes. I carved a Jack pumpkin. I looove your cutout idea and the invitations. Should have thought of that. My pumpkin was really the only decoration at the party.  Tongue

Life is only what you make it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009 12:56:46 PM »

The pictures really don't do it much justice!

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009 10:12:14 PM »

I love the hill!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009 01:19:51 PM »

Sounds like my kind of party! I'm especially loving your invites and the hill.

smile! it makes people wonder what you're up to

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010 12:08:19 PM »

ahhh, i wish i saw this sooner! in september we had a birthday party for my son and it was Nightmare Before Christmas / Halloween themed. I would have loved to do the hill on the back fence! i love your invite!

If you made it, I'll love it!
I'll swap ya for it Smiley
check out my wists www.wists.com/Juliana13
I'm on Pinterest too! use it more than wists.
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011 02:49:52 PM »

Uh-Maz-Ing!!!  I am planning a NBC Halloween party for 2012, and am loving your ideas!!!  Thanks for all the tips and pics!!!  Very creative!  Thanks for sharing!  Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Saute Vegetables for Lumpia
How to Cook and Serve Lumpia
Make Sesame Chapati Bread Dough
How to Make Sesame Chapati Bread
Baking Sesame Chapati Bread
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Stuffed Acorn Squash
@Home This Weekend: Quilted Patchwork Basket
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...