A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,805
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jar Lids  (Read 3065 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dannispring240
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010 12:28:27 PM »

decoupage them and hang as x-mas ornaments?  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very sorry to anyone wishing to look at the pictures that I have previously posted. Photobucket deleted my account without warning.  :/

wist: http://wists.com/dannispring240
etsy: http://stumpcrafts.etsy.com
kitschkitty
Beading & forum addicted!

www.kitschkitty.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010 12:37:29 PM »

What size are they? Are they too small for coasters if so they look like they'd be a good base for magnets or badges.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you love to chat about beading come join us at www.uk-beaders.co.uk/forum.htm
Find hundreds of UK based bead suppliers and more at www.uk-beaders.co.uk

Kitty's Unique Boutique
Custom creations designed to delight   www.kitschkitty.co. uk
Motherfungus

What I really need are minions.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010 12:38:56 PM »

Preschool memory games, Olympic style medals for kids, fridge magnets, cover them in fabric and place under furniture legs to keep from scratching up floors, um...coasters, labels for storage baskets...I think I just ran out of brain cells.  That's all I've got.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thoughts become words, words become actions, actions become habits, habits become character, character becomes destiny, you become confused, just be nice.
one_good_eye
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010 01:30:56 PM »

If you have little kids (or know kids) or just like goofy games - paint or attach pictures of different fish to them. Use decoupage or glue, whatever. make a fishing pole out of a stick or some doweling, twine and a magnet. decorate a box for a 'pond"or use a kiddie pool. Ta-da you have a home-made fishing game! I've done this before with juice can lids too, kids love it. If you use different colors and species you can assign a prize for whomever catches the green shark, 3 gold fish etc etc. Kids love it, fun for a theme party or Halloween too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kwicz
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010 02:42:39 PM »

ThriftyFun tackled that one a little while back: http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf60768970.tip.html

We've reused ours before. We're usually preserving jelly rather than canning veggies though, don't know if that makes a difference.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010 04:57:21 PM »

I was thinking glue felt to the bottom and decoupage or paint the tops-coasters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
poe poe
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010 08:52:23 PM »

I have my kitchen decorated in canning stuff. I thought I was being origional when I came up with the idea...apparently not. Anyway, to go with my theme, I've used them for decoration, spoon rests, to hold my scrub pads, and I made magnets by cutting circles out of old calendar magnets and glueing it to the back with a E 6000 glue. I love my magnets because they are big Smiley ! I've also made a decopage ornament type thing, and yes, I have used them as coasters. Once I piled a bunch into the bottom of a pot to add drainage for my plant.
I saw somewhere, someone useing the small ones as a base for homemade stamps, and I saw a small clock made out of one at a craft show once. I'm glad you brought this up, now I'll have to think of some more creative uses for mine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.
-Aldo Leoplod-
Eodril

Armed and Dangerous

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2010 02:02:00 AM »

I made a couple of pin cushions using jar lids.  I like them better than those tomato things - they sit flat and don't roll around.  Take a circle of fabric a little bigger than the jar lid and hand stitch around the edge with button cord or some other strong thread.  Pull the thread, gathering the edge to a small hole and stuff it with polyester stuffing.  Knot the thread and stitch a couple of times across the hole in an "x".  Glue the puff hole-side-down into the jar lid.  I used Goop; messy, but it will stick to anything.  I also glued ribbon around the edge of the lid.  On one, I glued a piece of lace ruffle into the inside edge of the jar lid before I stuck the puff into it.  While the glue is drying, wrap a couple of rubber bands across the whole thing in an "X" to hold it in place.

So now you have a bunch of nice glass jars with no lids.  What do you do with them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Handmade Portraits with Sophie Blackall
Amaryllis and Kimono by Fran Beallor
Falling in Love by Fran Beallor
The Date by Fran Beallor
Middle East Painting by Fran Beallor
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...