A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fall/Winter Scarf Swap Gallery!  (Read 24304 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SewingLori
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2007 09:34:46 PM »

Glad you like it!!! Now lets talk about your poncho! Holy moly! Is that the one you made?Huh?If so, the green knit scarf I made you is a little pathetic!  Embarrassed

Those scrapbooks are a bugger, so I am pleased that you like it.

Also, to give credit where credit is due, those 1" buttons are from a stash that xladyluckx gave me in a IYP swap a few months ago. Because you are a fellow lover of all things yellow and purple, I had to share! (DDSuzie - do you remember the yellow and purple pumas that I found at DI for $2 brandnew from 1979 that I wore until the soles wore through? Aimee told me to duct tape the bottom and they lasted about 2 more years. What would I do without you guys?)

Anyway! YAY that is got there so fast! I need to give the postman a tip!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2007 07:34:07 AM »

oh man alive  now I am definately second guessing  my package  arg! anxiety!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
callmeflower9
crafty college chick

crafty collegiate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2007 10:02:33 AM »

I got my package today! I am so super excited, I absolutly love everything ollieorange sent me! I got two scarves and tea tree lavender lotion that smells so good! so here are the pics:

thanks ollieorange!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayler.etsy.com
klum78

Actual size shown

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2007 10:21:25 AM »

Okay  ScotSkipper402  said that she recieved (finally!  it only took 2 weeks!) and asked me to post pics of the items I sent her so here they are:
This is everything together:

It has a sewn scarf, in the bag are some holiday cards, the jars contain hot chocolate and the other has scone mix.  I also made some coasters with the left over material.  
Here are the cards (generic because I forgot to ask what holiday she celebrates):

And here is a pic of the whole scarf.  It said in her profile that she liked asian fabrics.  The whole thing is backed with a lightweight black wool.:

And a close-up:

I am so happy that she recieved because when I looked at the USPS site yesterday they said it was misrouted.  I assumed that it meant it was lost!  So I was a bit worried.  But all is well... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2007 10:53:08 AM »

WOW  taht is an amazing package! every last detail!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2007 10:57:10 AM »

wow - more really great stuff!

callmeflower9 - you look great in that greenish color scarf but the other one really makes your eyes pop! nice job ollieorange!

and klum78 - that asian material scarf is wonderful! I really love that! and all your packaging looks so nice, makes me ashamed that my stuff got shoved in a roll of bubble wrap and stuck in a box!  Undecided

Ronda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
miss_k

"button, button...who's got the button?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2007 11:23:47 AM »

such beautiful scarves!! you can never have too many scarves!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2007 11:27:29 AM »

Okay  ScotSkipper402  said that she recieved (finally!  it only took 2 weeks!) and asked me to post pics of the items I sent her so here they are:...
I am so happy that she recieved because when I looked at the USPS site yesterday they said it was misrouted.  I assumed that it meant it was lost!  So I was a bit worried.  But all is well... Wink

All is FABULOUS. The pictures are pretty (and you can see how spoiled I was) but the whole package is so much more glorious in person.

The workmanship is outstanding, too. That asian brocade is slippery and frays easily. To have is so beautifully pieced, WITH a backing and a mitered border... so pro!

Totally worth waiting for!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2007 11:34:42 AM »

everything, and i mean everything, in this gallery is lovely!!! i'll take one of each please! Smiley

i rec'd my scarf from maremare yesterday......! it is beautious and floofy and the most perfect colors for me! i will try to post pics later today as i have to get my laptop working in order to do so....i love my scarfy though! i cant take it off! :0
thank you so much maremare! this has been an awesome swap!!! i even learned to crochet for this swap! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stargazersewer
Fat is not a 4 letter word.....

Oh, ma....let me sleep.....

« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2007 04:09:15 PM »

Just so you know I didn't knit that poncho.  I actually got it at a garage sale for $3 this summer.  I just wanted a scarf to go with it and both scarves you sent me, lori, are perfect with it.  I'm no where near talented enough to knit that poncho. hehe. 
Shawna
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Understanding Proportion in Architecture
Visit New York City, NY - Chelsea Art Galleries
Understanding Asymmetry in Architecture
Understanding Symmetry in Architecture
How to Draw a Perspective
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...