A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,139
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tea for Two, or just Kelly  (Read 1462 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftyhandbags
« on: September 28, 2007 09:04:56 PM »

Not all of this bag is reconstructed, but the main part is, and even more is reclaimed from Grandma's stash.

I finished one more. It's a bag for my supervisor; she gave me the tea print to use. It's an old linen calendar from a few years back.

Finding fabric to match that gold was a killer! I have issues paying full price for fabric, so that didn't help either.

The blue fabric inside is actually pieced together from stash fabric that my grandma gave me. She'd be so proud- neither one of us throws anything away!

The linen calendar is still in one piece (in case she wants to take it off); she just needs to rip those stitches, and she'll have a plain bag! I tend to change my mind often, so the fact that it can change so easily makes me feel better.
Comments/Suggestions are always welcome!
Enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When you mix red and blue, you get purple; when you mix blue and yellow, you get green; when you mix all the colors, you get a rainbow!" - wisdom from a five year old

I have an etsy!!!  http://craftybagsetc.etsy.com
mmp
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007 07:36:23 AM »

Nice work!!  I love the patchwork lining and all of the colors go together really well.  I recently started making tote bags and I am addicted!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superchloe
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007 07:45:33 AM »

all you sewing people drive me INSANE with how well you can find matching fabrics for such odd colours or strange patterns! Your bag matches beautifully.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
runnermom100863

Sew like there's no tomorrow.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007 10:44:27 AM »

Oh wow, I love it!  That's so adorable!  You can never find those vintage-looking fabric calendars anymore.  I remember vaguely when I was young and my mom would have those (and probably my grandmothers did, too  Smiley).  Great job on this and everything coordinates beautifully.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I miss my doggy~Apollo~He'll forever be in my heart

my etsy shop ~ www.lillaka.etsy.com
craftyhandbags
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007 08:03:13 PM »

Thanks so much!
Yeah, I was about ready to pitch this project.  I vaguely remember wandering around JoAnn's muttering "I don't want to make this bag" to myself.  And then the clouds parted, a heavenly light shown down on this gold fabric, and the voices of angels sang, "Here it is!  Make the bag!!"
Okay, I'm exaggerating a little, but seriously I've been looking for weeks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When you mix red and blue, you get purple; when you mix blue and yellow, you get green; when you mix all the colors, you get a rainbow!" - wisdom from a five year old

I have an etsy!!!  http://craftybagsetc.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Introduction to Setting Colors in Flash
Macromedia Flash 8 - Object-Based Drawing
Macromedia Flash 8 - Creating and Arranging Groups
Macromedia Flash 8 - Editing the Contents of a Group
Macromedia Flash 8 - Grouping Vector Shapes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...