A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,194
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Interface Flor Reviews  (Read 801 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pvwon

"Que me amat, amet et canem meum." -Saint Bernard

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2004 08:20:31 AM »

A question to all of you craftsters out there...

Has anyone used the Interface Flor products?  I saw mentions of it in the posts  here and here, but I want some of you to share your experiences, if anyone has any.  I was thinking of this for my dining room shown below, now that Lowe's carries it.  My dining room is 12 x 27 (yes, it is oddly proportioned). I have since ripped up the rust colored shag carpeting only to find 1/3 of the room with faux pebble sheet linolium and 2/3 with rust colored vinyl tile.  The old 1980's pizza place light fixture is also gone.  (It fell on my head!)  I have a large (8-10) person dining table and china cabinet at the end of the room pictured in the top photo.  The second photo show the end of the room that has an entry to the kitchen (opening on the left) and the den (the door on the right)   As you can see (sort of, my camera is old) the room has lots of natural light.  What do y'all think.  Is interface flor the way to go?

Thanks!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well behaved women rarely make history.
rainbowbrit
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004 06:38:37 PM »

to be quite honest, the amount of light, etc. doesnt really need to be considered when choosing which type of flooring you are going to be using.  but remember, with all flooring and furniture choices, you must be careful of UVrays damaging things and distorting color.

as for considering modular flooring, think about its benefits and weaknesses....like, when a spill occurrs, you only have to remove the tiles that are damaged.  consider your substrate and whether modular flooring would be the best decision for it.

oh! and remember, with modular flooring...and since you have such a long room...it is important to see how the pattern will lay out if you choose to go this way.  decide which pattern or design will best fit the architecture of your room as to not be too obvious that it is modular (if you are going for a wall to wall look)

overall, i would just suggest making the decision to use flor based on your architectural needs.  then move to aesthetics where you would consider light sources, existant furniture, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add Flavor to Plain Rice
How to Make Rice Pilaf
How to Steam Rice
How to Store Rice
Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...