A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,590
Currently Running With Scissors:
519 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reversible half-aprons  (Read 859 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mclied
« on: January 18, 2011 06:17:11 PM »

I wanted something quick, cute, and one-size-fits-all to give for Christmas presents this year, so I decided to whip up some half-aprons.  Except I figured since I was going to back them anyways, I might as well go ahead and make them reversible Cheesy  They went over really well and they were SO easy to make, about 2 hours each after I figured out what a good size was.  I'd be happy to make a tutorial if anybody's interested cause I still have one more to whip up Smiley

Here's my sister's.  I hope the fabric is easy enough to see; it's really cute!  Owls and apples Smiley

And the reverse side of hers.  The pockets are lined with the fabric from the opposite side, and every seam that was done with top-stitching has two rows of stitching for durability and a more professional finish.

Side one of my mom's.  I made the ties really, really long, partly because it's a little more one-size-fits-all that way, and partly cause some people like to tie it around front like she did here Smiley  The fabric has little pink and blue coffee mugs all over it, if it's hard to see.

The reverse of hers.  The stitches match the fabrics even when I had to change thread in awkward places, like at the pockets.  Wish I'd gotten a close-up.  Oh well!

Hope you like them!  They pattern I drew up isn't particularly fancy but they were really easy and the double-sided-ness helps keep spills from leaking through them onto your clothes.  They went over well with the recipients so I think I'd call it a success Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

euphemasaurus

Librarian-in-Training, Sarcastic Cross-Stitcher

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011 05:50:58 PM »

Those are great! I've been stalking aprons lately, looking for some good ideas Smiley.
I love that owl fabric, where did you get it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mclied
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011 07:42:03 PM »

Thanks!  I found the fabric at JoAnn's. I checked their website to see if I could give you a link but I couldn't find it online Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

euphemasaurus

Librarian-in-Training, Sarcastic Cross-Stitcher

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011 04:06:53 PM »

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of JoAnn's website. It's the closest fabric store to my house (an hour away), but I might be taking a trip there soon to look for those owls...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mclied
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011 12:40:50 AM »

The really big JoAnn stores are usually pretty good, but I've been disappointed with the smaller ones.  And their website feels like it's missing half the stuff the big stores offer Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Fresh Take on Vintage Waves
Learning to Embrace Your Frizz With Taren Guy
Loc Updos for Weddings
How to Get the Perfect Chain-Braid Updo
How to Get Twisted Bun: An Upgrade for Mid-Length Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...