A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
553 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I've just bought a spinning wheel  (Read 784 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Weddy_in_Paris
« on: September 28, 2007 01:05:02 PM »

Hi ! I'm not sure this post has sense. I just wanted to share my excitement with you all. The subject is clear : I have just bought right now a Louet S1O on Ebay, without thinking too much. Hope it is not a big mistake. The price was less than 1/4 compared to a new one. All I was thinking was that the plain wheel is ugly (LOL) instead of considering my flat is tiny and already full of craft supplies.
Well now, it is done and I am very anxious to get it (it will come from Germany, I live in France). Do you think I am hopelessly crazy ? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nicolassa

How do you like my lovely hat?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007 01:57:00 PM »

I don't think any of us here will think you're hopelessly crazy, Weddy!  You're talking to a bunch of fiber addicts here.  1/4 of the price of the new Louet is...just wonderful.  And lucky.  Hopelessly lucky.   Wink

You could always paint the wheel!  I have an Ashford Kiwi, not a Louet, but my wheel is a lovely deep shade of blue. 

My apartment is tiny, too, but there is ALWAYS room for a wheel.

Congrats and have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's me with some yarn on my head.

Etsyness:  http://WhirligigYarns.etsy.com

Bloggity:  http://whirligigyarns.blogspot.com
RogueRylla
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007 04:07:05 PM »

Yay Weddy!
I just bought my first wheel from ebay too(from seller ssilk1)! And I got it today, hooray!

I don't think you're crazy and neither will anyone else here. My co-workers on the other hand tease me about being "strung out" on yarn and that I better watch out or hemp will be next (I didn't tell them about the hemp yarn I'm tempted to buy).

Anyway mine is a Baynes, fairly small, because I live in a very tiny condo. I got it unfinished, so am putting a varnish on it tonight (its on my balcony, drying). I hope I can try spinning on it this weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
regiknits
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007 09:59:34 PM »

Ah, you're the one.  Wink
 I tried to get a Louet on Ebay several times, but never won an auction or waited too late and missed the buy it nows.  I just bought a Louet s17 from Hello Yarn instead.  Now the hard part, waiting for the wheel to be delivered and finishing it before I can spin. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Weddy_in_Paris
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007 01:16:40 AM »

Smiley Thank you all ! To complete the story : yesterday evening I lost the auction for a small vertical spinning wheel (no brand but I'm pretty sure  it was made in the 1970'). Of course I lost the bid at the ast second for 1 euro ! I was really disappointed. So I looked the similar objects and there was this "buy it now" Louet waiting for me in Germany ! I hope the delivery will be quick. I'll tell you !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarahbird
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007 08:35:51 AM »

Congratulations on your new wheel!  Can't wait to see the yarn you make!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the blog - random crafty musings:
sarahbird.wordpress.com
the etsy - handspun yarn and more:
sarahbirdspins.etsy.com
Weddy_in_Paris
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007 12:46:48 PM »

So ! I got my wheel today. I had difficulties with the delivery and spent hours phoning to the post office and thought it was lost forever. But after speaking in the end with a nice lady I got the phone number of the right service and I could get the parcel this afternoon ! The wheel seems great unless the threadle joint is severed but I found a retailer of spare parts and I will get a new one by friday. More news when I begin spinning !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zwaalie
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007 07:43:46 AM »

Also keep in mind that if you end up not liking the wheel, you can always resell it. The good thing about the Louet S10 is that you can easily get spare parts, their customer service is great. Also the wheel is low maintenance. I've learned to spin on a Louet S10, or actually I should say am still learning.  Wink

Good luck and let us know how you are doing!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mullerslanefarm
www.mullerslanefarm.com

Fiber Enabler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007 10:26:39 AM »

Wendy,
I'm new here and I'm wondering if you were able to get your wheel fixed?

Louets are great to paint and personalize!

My first wheel was an Ashford Traveler - my DH and DSs seemed mesmerized by my spinning, so I painted the spokes on the wheel to give them something to look at!

I think you'll be happy with your Louet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cyndi

http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Our Lessons in Homesteading
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Importance of Creative Collaboration
How to Write Scripts in Hollywood
The State of American Screenwriting
How Film Contributed to the American Identity
The Globalization of Hollywood
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...